Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC Gamepad Bug

M_Volsung
M_Volsung
✭✭✭✭✭
I play on PC using an xbox controller and whenever I open the character sheet, whether by going through menu or using the hotkey, both the left stick and the d-pad stop registering left and right movements until I reload to UI to fix it... this has been going on for some time and I only recently was able to connect it to opening the character sheet.

I tried to submit a bug report on this but the craptastic help site will not let me log in to do so.
"In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I use XB1 controller as well and that doesn't happen to me. Are you using any software to make the controller work or are you just using the built in windows/eso system? (including STEAM if you play via that)
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wavek It's a 360 controller, no software, and I've had this issue with several different controllers.

• Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    @Wavek It's a 360 controller, no software, and I've had this issue with several different controllers.

No software including Steam (it is known to interfere with controllers sometimes). I have never had that issue. Do you happen to have any addons? Maybe one of them is causing it somehow? The only other thing I can think of is something related to the button you push when opening the menu. (like an extra keybind of some sort that interferes)
    Edited by Wavek on January 17, 2019 10:06PM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play on PC with the 360 controller and I don't have that issue.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'm fully aware, and glad, not everyone has this problem, pointing this out every other post doesn't really help me all that much...