Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagDK

DTAmoral
DTAmoral
✭✭✭✭
Recently leveled my MagDk to 50, im champ like 580ish

Im looking for recommendations for DPS builds (Armor, Traits, Skills, Glyphs, Roughly what my champ points should be)

Im not new to PvP just to MagDK!
Xbox NA - EP
Team Rocket's Finest Support
We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭
    If you're looking to dole out a ton of damage then this is your build. The defense part can be trickier since we're in light using shields but if you keep practicing in BGs and duels once you get the hang you'll melt a lot of people and I guarantee whether you do well or not you'll be among the highest dmg output in every BG:

5L/1H/1M - All Impenetrable
    Dual Wield/Resto or Destro
    -2x Valkyn Skoria - 1x Tristat enchant on head and magic enchant on shoulders (grothdarr, bloodspawn, or zaans works if you don't have valkyn)
    -5x Burning Spellweave - 1x Tristat, rest magicka enchants, I run 2x damage glyphs and 1x recovery glpyh on jewelry.
    -5x Innate Axiom - 1x Tristat, rest magicka enchants - on the dual wield weapons I have 1x nirnhoned and 1x sharpened with a fire damage glyph and a spell damage glyph

Front Bar Dual Wield: Fossilize, talons, engulfing flames, whip, burning embers, dragon leap
    Back Bar Resto Setup: harness magicka, cauterize, steadfast ward, wings, volatile armour, resto ulti
    Back Bar Destro Setup: harness magicka, cauterize, volatile armor, wings, elemental drain or dragons blood, Standard ulti

Depending on situations/opponents you can also work in igneous weapons or entropy on your back bar for further spell dmg buff but not needed. CP setup can be played with to get what you want i would copy a generic DK build to start but you want to pump a ton of points into spell penetration and recovery.

I can take screenshots later if you want but your stats should look like this:

32-35K Magicka
    20-23K Health
    10-13K Stamina
    Unbuffed spell DMG is 2800 but this is going up a tonn from BSW + Innate not to mention the inherent flame damage
    Magicka Recovery - 1600 (using witchmothers food)
    Resistances sit around 18-23k
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiveboro wrote: »
    If you're looking to dole out a ton of damage then this is your build. The defense part can be trickier since we're in light using shields but if you keep practicing in BGs and duels once you get the hang you'll melt a lot of people and I guarantee whether you do well or not you'll be among the highest dmg output in every BG:

-2x Valkyn Skoria - 1x Tristat enchant on head and magic enchant on shoulders (grothdarr, bloodspawn, or zaans works if you don't have valkyn)
    -5x Burning Spellweave - 1x Tristat, rest magicka enchants, I run 2x damage glyphs and 1x recovery glpyh on jewelry.
    -5x Innate Axiom - 1x Tristat, rest magicka enchants - on the dual wield weapons I have 1x nirnhoned and 1x sharpened with a fire damage glyph and a spell damage glyph

Front Bar Dual Wield: Fossilize, talons, engulfing flames, whip, burning embers, dragon leap
    Back Bar Resto Setup: harness magicka, cauterize, steadfast ward, wings, volatile armour, resto ulti
    Back Bar Destro Setup: harness magicka, cauterize, volatile armor, wings, elemental drain or dragons blood, Standard ulti

Depending on situations/opponents you can also work in igneous weapons or entropy on your back bar for further spell dmg buff but not needed. CP setup can be played with to get what you want i would copy a generic DK build to start but you want to pump a ton of points into spell penetration and recovery.

32-35K Magicka
    20-23K Health
    10-13K Stamina
    Unbuffed spell DMG is 2800 but this is going up a tonn from BSW + Innate not to mention the inherent flame damage

put cauterize on your damage bar. for the crit passive. put talons on your back bar.

disagree?
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭
    mursie wrote: »

32-35K Magicka
    20-23K Health
    10-13K Stamina

put cauterize on your damage bar. for the crit passive. put talons on your back bar.

disagree?

Not at all, when i was running FOO i always had on the front bar but Im already getting 40% crit on the duel wield bar and as illogical as it may be I like having all of my healing/defnense buffs on one bar and damage on the other. Just personal playstyle but yes i could get a bit more crit switching to the front bar.
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭

32-35K Magicka
    20-23K Health
    10-13K Stamina

Why Dual wield? I'm new to the PvP scene and run almost exact setup. BSW flame front bar. Front bar skills: Ele drain, whip, fossilize, molten armaments, burning embers, leap. Seems really strong in BGs
    vFG1 HM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    on the dual wield weapons I have 1x nirnhoned and 1x sharpened with a fire damage glyph and a spell damage glyph

Cool build :) Might think about trying it.

I would think about this instead though.

1x nirn w/ fire dmg glygh.
    1x infused with spell dmg glygh.

Reason being is you get to keep the same glyghs you like to use, but infused spell dmg will give you close to 100% uptime instead of 50% with +30% dmg too.

The way sharpened works in pvp has become less important to me in my builds after I learned 660 resist in pvp = 1% dmg mitigation instead of 500 like pve. That means your sharpened weapon is only providing about +2% dmg to enemies.. but you miss out on +50% uptime on your spell dmg glygh and about 104 extra infused spell dmg (before buffs).

Sharpened just isn't worth it to me. +2% may be nice for valkyn, but not nice enough vs all that free weapon spell dmg.

Edited by MashmalloMan on January 16, 2019 8:38PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe give Pirate Skeleton + Burning Spellweave/Sun set + Lich/Torug's Pact/Mara/... a try for a destro/resto build.

If you are wondering how this plays, you can always look on my youtube channel if you want (no CP tho).
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running a skoria / shackle / innate build. snb/destruction staff

I play entirely no-cp pvp. seems to be ok but heals can be a problem. 1v1 it's great. 1vX it begins to struggle. maybe harness magicka would be good. I've never used a shield on magdk.

I also hate that I have to use degeneration to major sorcery. I might flip to molten armament.

twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @mursie Unfortunately armaments is way more expensive than degeneration, almost 2.5 times as much. Degeneration gives us access to mage guild passives (extra max magicka and recovery) on one bar and some extra healing if we’re weaving properly. And it helps proc skoria if using that.

I agree it’s annoying that we can’t pre-buff as efficiently as every warden and 2h user can but it does give some nice benefits.

FWIW, I’m using Bright Throats Boast, Spinners, Skoria, with Spinner inferno staff and willpower resto staff (vma and brp resto would also work).
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭
    md3788 wrote: »

32-35K Magicka
    20-23K Health
    10-13K Stamina

Why Dual wield? I'm new to the PvP scene and run almost exact setup. BSW flame front bar. Front bar skills: Ele drain, whip, fossilize, molten armaments, burning embers, leap. Seems really strong in BGs

I see most DKs are running flame staffs this patch and it's not bad at all. I run flame staff in open world for the range but on my current setup im getting 3-400 extra spell damage from DW due to the passives versus staff plus you get 2 wep enchants instead of one. I can't say for sure because i haven't done any math side by side but when im running flamestaff my whip seems to hit for about 75% of what it is on dual wield. Again both work and you should play whichever you like better.
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭
    on the dual wield weapons I have 1x nirnhoned and 1x sharpened with a fire damage glyph and a spell damage glyph

Cool build :) Might think about trying it.

I would think about this instead though.

1x nirn w/ fire dmg glygh.
    1x infused with spell dmg glygh.

Reason being is you get to keep the same glyghs you like to use, but infused spell dmg will give you close to 100% uptime instead of 50% with +30% dmg too.

The way sharpened works in pvp has become less important to me in my builds after I learned 660 resist in pvp = 1% dmg mitigation instead of 500 like pve. That means your sharpened weapon is only providing about +2% dmg to enemies.. but you miss out on +50% uptime on your spell dmg glygh and about 104 extra infused spell dmg (before buffs).

Sharpened just isn't worth it to me. +2% may be nice for valkyn, but not nice enough vs all that free weapon spell dmg.

This is good info, thank you! It sounds like infused is a much better option I just happened to have sharpened from past metas.
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭
    Maybe give Pirate Skeleton + Burning Spellweave/Sun set + Lich/Torug's Pact/Mara/... a try for a destro/resto build.

If you are wondering how this plays, you can always look on my youtube channel if you want (no CP tho).

@XxNINJAMANxD Definitely listen to this man and look at his YT channel.
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭

32-35K Magicka
    20-23K Health
    10-13K Stamina

I see most DKs are running flame staffs this patch and it's not bad at all. I run flame staff in open world for the range but on my current setup im getting 3-400 extra spell damage from DW due to the passives versus staff plus you get 2 wep enchants instead of one. I can't say for sure because i haven't done any math side by side but when im running flamestaff my whip seems to hit for about 75% of what it is on dual wield. Again both work and you should play whichever you like better.

Oh wow. I didn't know that. Do you mind letting me know which passives cause this increase in spell damage?
    vFG1 HM
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    @mursie Unfortunately armaments is way more expensive than degeneration, almost 2.5 times as much. Degeneration gives us access to mage guild passives (extra max magicka and recovery) on one bar and some extra healing if we’re weaving properly. And it helps proc skoria if using that.

I agree it’s annoying that we can’t pre-buff as efficiently as every warden and 2h user can but it does give some nice benefits.

FWIW, I’m using Bright Throats Boast, Spinners, Skoria, with Spinner inferno staff and willpower resto staff (vma and brp resto would also work).

very good points - i knew i hadn't flipped off degen yet for a reason =).
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many people willing to help this is awesome, thanks for all the tips and ideas!
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭

32-35K Magicka
    20-23K Health
    10-13K Stamina

Oh wow. I didn't know that. Do you mind letting me know which passives cause this increase in spell damage?

Check out the dual wield skill line passives. I believe the spell dmg and dmg buff is coming from Twin blade blunt running two swords.
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, soon there will be racial changes, definitely look into their bonuses and how they might benefit your magDK :)
    Edited by CrazYDunm3r on January 17, 2019 8:10PM
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards