The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character transfer from Xbox to PC

Mastuhshake
Hello,

I am wondering, if it is at all possible to transfer my characters, and ESO plus over from Xbox to PC. I have the game for both platforms, and I've wanted to make the switch for a while now but I do not want to lose all of the progress I have made considering I only have the time to play casually. Looking forward to your response.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have asked this question before trying to change from PS4 to PC however there is no way to do it at the moment..I also do not want to loose my progress as I am exactly like you and don't have time to level other characters. I
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switch back to PC from console and lose a thousand hours of progress and hundreds spent on DLC and micro transactions or continue to play on console which I dislike for several reasons.

Guess illl just continue to not play and spend my money elsewhere. Shame because I really want to play.

Paid transfers between platforms or better yet cross platform play is an eventuality. There are so many ways to monetize such services or features. Zenimax needs to step up and provide these services.

Ive seen many customers suggest that not offering these services is a choice to appease Sony and Microsoft who wanr to retain subscribers. But if it's about money then why not just charge more to go from console to PC than from PC to console and have the difference go to Sony and Microsoft for their potential annual subscriber loss?
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Mastuhshake
    There are just so many addons and time saving features on PC that improve the overall experience. And honestly console gaming is dying out because PC parts are just becoming more and more affordable. I mean at the least they could make some interface changes on console to make it simpler easier to use.
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    Paid transfers between platforms or better yet cross platform play is an eventuality. There are so many ways to monetize such services or features. Zenimax needs to step up and provide these services.

Ive seen many customers suggest that not offering these services is a choice to appease Sony and Microsoft who wanr to retain subscribers. But if it's about money then why not just charge more to go from console to PC than from PC to console and have the difference go to Sony and Microsoft for their potential annual subscriber loss?

Someone posted this in one of the other recent threads but it sounds like it's a little more complicated than that: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25807/. Not impossible to do, but very difficult.

I wouldn't doubt that those guys are correct about Sony and Microsoft agreeing to anything. Look at all the chaos just trying to get Mods on consoles.
    Edited by Resfeber on April 21, 2017 2:22AM
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just start over on the PC, where you should have started.

Problem solved.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resfeber wrote: »
    pecheckler wrote: »

Someone posted this in one of the other recent threads but it sounds like it's a little more complicated than that: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25807/. Not impossible to do, just difficult.

I wouldn't doubt that those guys are correct about Sony and Microsoft agreeing to anything. Look at all the chaos just trying to get Mods on consoles.

It is impossible to do at this time .....

What you referring to in your post was a one-time transfer they offered. The console was to be released at the same time with PC but it did not due to delays. So when it was released in June 2015 on consoles, there a brief window when active PC players could transfer their characters to a console. This transfer had a limited window and is no longer available .....

• Mastuhshake
    Majeure wrote: »
    Just start over on the PC, where you should have started.

Problem solved.

Yeah, I feel it
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    @Balibe
    You are correct. I certainly wasn't disagreeing on that front. I've been around long enough to know this as well.
    It was something like a courtesy situation for the delay. And even then they were only able to copy so much.
    Since they bulk copied all user requests at once we don't even know if they could do individual situations.
    Edited by Resfeber on April 21, 2017 2:29AM
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • Rouster67
    Rouster67
    Soul Shriven
    Quit playing ESO over a year ago. I would absolutely be willing to play again if I could transfer my characters from Xbox to PC but until thats possible they wont be seeing any of my money.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope wont happen, you just have to suck it up like i did 10 weeks ago, its worth it.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouster67 wrote: »
    Quit playing ESO over a year ago. I would absolutely be willing to play again if I could transfer my characters from Xbox to PC but until thats possible they wont be seeing any of my money.

Holding the game hostage until you get what you want always works with the devs.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this is an older thread which has been brought back from the grave, we will be closing it to rest once more. Character transfers between platforms are not possible, as we have not built, and do not plan to build, the capability to move individual characters from platform to platform.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.