Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What can "fix" ESO?

• Neoicelord
    Neoicelord
    ✭✭✭
    Auction House
    KoultouraS wrote: »
    *ZOS sees the results being overwhelmingly for permormance fixes
    *Decides to launch a new set of crown crates
    B)

i mainly play on the Xbox One S and i would LOVe some performance fixs so the game is not a slide show. Thinking about just getting Black Desert Online (when it launches) and calling it a day with ESO.
  • Zoltan_117
    Zoltan_117
    ✭✭✭
    One thing only, make the combat smoother and classes more fun. Rework combat, remove animation cancelling. The world and content is already good, the classes and their abilities are just not fun ENOUGH in comparison to other games. They should do one class at a time for major reworks, the newest class is hands down the most polished and pleasing.

Wow has the smoothest and responsive combat and this is one of its strengths, plus its strong lore but ESO has just as good lore.
    Edited by Zoltan_117 on January 15, 2019 10:43PM
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    A dressing room such that each character has at least one PVE/PVP specific setup (inventory, attributes and CP) that players can switch between with one click and no penalty. This is necessary in and of itself because the modes are so different but would have the added benefit of allowing the developers to stop pretending they can balance both modes simultaneously. They can't and never will. With PVE and PVP overtly split in this way they could do what they liked in one mode without it affecting the other.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    A dressing room such that each character has at least one PVE/PVP specific setup (inventory, attributes and CP) that players can switch between with one click and no penalty. This is necessary in and of itself because the modes are so different but would have the added benefit of allowing the developers to stop pretending they can balance both modes simultaneously. They can't and never will. With PVE and PVP overtly split in this way they could do what they liked in one mode without it affecting the other.

you gotta have PvE and PvP balanced together tho, it is also imperative that a person carry multiple sets
    maybe having preset armors could be an addon?

also there should be an addon adoption program where addons that takeover things devs left out of the game to see how the community wanted it done can be accessed in a 2nd party collection
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »
    As a comparison, lots of the negativity currently in WoW atm holds true even in ESO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEzhg6HtASU
    Which is basically the same subject I was touching upon earlier in this thread; lack of progression.

watching this vid makes me think that civilization is going to come to an end soon
    cyberspace used to be untouched by the rot of capitalism (whatever u want to call it let's say management)
    soulless MGMT (amazingly my typing soulless coincided with the dude in the video saying the word out loud)
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    Zoltan_117 wrote: »
    One thing only, make the combat smoother and classes more fun. Rework combat, remove animation cancelling. The world and content is already good, the classes and their abilities are just not fun ENOUGH in comparison to other games. They should do one class at a time for major reworks, the newest class is hands down the most polished and pleasing.

Wow has the smoothest and responsive combat and this is one of its strengths, plus its strong lore but ESO has just as good lore.

wow is tab targeted
    take lesson from TERA =)
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    New pvp lead and many pvp changes taking ESO out of simplistic dot/ulti/aoe/proc spam crap.
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    Fix phasing so RPers can be in the same version of w/e map as the other RPers so we can have hubs again.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    1.The RPG aspect is really lacking. For a role playing game, I don't actually feel like the decisions that my character makes matter. I also don't feel like my "character" has any effect on the choices that they are given. It's more like an adventure game, I guess. I want to play a virtuous knight in shining armor but I could be a total *** and it wouldn't affect my character's story at all. Sometimes, this is the most boring aspect of playing this game. I don't even read the dialogue a lot of times; I just press A until the quest arrows tell me what to do. That is the sad part. When I think of all the time and money spent on making these quests, only to have them be breezed through because none of it really matters. I did enjoy the latter parts of the Orsinium questline but that was probably the one time I actually cared about what my character was doing. So to sum my first point up: I don't actually feel like I'm roleplaying. I'm just going from objective to objective. Who my character is doesn't seem to matter at all.

2. CC are out of control. Light armor needs to offer more help with breaking CC's because the tactic of spamming CC is effective at quickly draining stamina in magic based characters for cheap shots.

3. Light armor is almost obsolete because the damage in the game is so high that wearing light armor is almost a death sentence. Shields need to be better at protecting magicka based fighters in light armor. Right now, they do too little and need to be recast too often.

4. If being a vampire is more or less a must for Magicka Templars in order to have success with them, the class NEEDS to be fixed. And I believe it does need to be fixed.