The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
β€’ [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can Somebody test this for me plz ?

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
I need to ask a question that will take 2 min in game. Due to future meta critics and tryhards, plz PM me and I will tell you my question and bug that was once in the game that may have gotten overlooked. I just need to find out if it was fixed or not. I'm asking becuase I'm not going to return to eso if I cannot thoerycraft the way i want. Thanks πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘

Best Answers

• WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never mind I found somebody trustworthy to help me. Answered
    Answer βœ“
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how you are using the word exploit, so il share the definition with you.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exploit

To "Exploit" is to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage.

If you are using video game definition it's.

"In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. By a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers."

The entire game is one big exploit if your using your verbage in this manner. And I feel your using the word in a way to be manipulative. Now....

As to "Exploit" in ESO is to use tactical observations / Thoerycraft you butt off, to gain an advantage over other opponents. Obviously by using bugged, broken, or OP abilities/sets that nobody has thoerycrafyed yet. Well @Ackwalan my answer is again no, its not an exploit.

So, there's no implication within the game indicating the dev's intended use for whatever bug or mechanic in question? I'd be careful, I mean, if you're so clever as to interpret the rules in mischievous ways, you're likely able to also interpret them from the developer's perspective as well; creativity is all about assuming different perspectives. You've already stated it was a bug, so you must know something about the subject's intended use. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stop what you're doing, by all means, hack away at your theory, just don't make someone bear the brunt of punishment for you, if you suspect there's potential for it.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
    Answer βœ“
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ackwalan I'm awarding you no points this round. The bug is that it's not fixed for myself and other thoerycrafters. It's simple math either it's calculating the code or it's not, and it hasn't been for two years. Now I'm looking forward to your next comment. πŸ‘πŸ˜
    Answer βœ“
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you are wondering if an exploit still exists, and will only play if it is.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not exploit something that hasn't been working since we got certain abilities. If you wanna help that would be cool if not il tell it to the first PM.

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's not working the way designed, that's an exploit.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how you are using the word exploit, so il share the definition with you.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exploit

To "Exploit" is to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage.

If you are using video game definition it's.

"In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. By a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers."

The entire game is one big exploit if your using your verbage in this manner. And I feel your using the word in a way to be manipulative. Now....

As to "Exploit" in ESO is to use tactical observations / Thoerycraft you butt off, to gain an advantage over other opponents. Obviously by using bugged, broken, or OP abilities/sets that nobody has thoerycrafyed yet. Well @Ackwalan my answer is again no, its not an exploit.

I only wish ZOS fix this, as it has not been working correctly or "as intended" for 2 years. So you see ... there is no exploit here becuase nobody is using it. Or should I say nobody has thoerycrafted enough to calculate, what ZOS is secretly coding on particular things.

But combat metrics wouldn't pick that up you gotta do the hard math in game to understand this. It's just what a good thoerycrafters does... But hey maybe it is fixed and I guess il be coming back earlier. If not who cares it's not like this game is an Esport or there is actual skill involved. The only thing i find fun is making builds that nobody thought of. That's fun for me in ESO....

If tgis is working finaly I'm going have some fun again πŸ‘Œ

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is not working correctly or as intended, it is an exploit.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta use it to be an exploit πŸ‘Œ
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why do you want people to test it for you?
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Becuase I'm not trying to get online I'm super busy... but il have time in a few weeks to get crazy in Thoerycrafting if it works. Just need a confirmation, a solid yes or no.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you plan on using an exploit if it still works. I understand.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is turning into a cluster fuuuuu....

There is no exploit only coding that has not been fixed in 2 years. Per my reports - now if a dev chooses to go back on my account and look at those reports or posts in the forums then there they will find it.

I cannot exploit a bug in the game if it's coded correctly. Now having said that, they would understand that I know they purposely hinder certain builds pertaining to great thoerycrafting. Dont hate me cuase I don't rely on bugged or outdated add-ons to tell me my dps.

If the bug is fixed/wrongfully or rightfully coded in the near future, I will be surely happy. I don't hack or cheat or have ever exploited something, but that doesn't mean I don't test builds or try to find the next meta to create another one. I guess players like myself try to stay ahead and be unique.

Let me help you out ... games like these, remember they always repeat themselves even if it's unintended or a mistake. I have all the faith in the devs, but 0 faith in creation engine. As it is outdated and complete junk to work with. So take this how you want.... And some helpful advise ?

Try to thoerycraft you're old stuff/builds you might be impressed in six months. πŸ‘Œ
    Edited by WeylandLabs on January 16, 2019 8:45AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You yourself called it a bug. You want someone to test this bug to see if it still there. That's not theory crafting, that's exploiting a bug.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using a bug is not theory crafting, it's exploiting.