Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Never bought a DLC Dungeon, how do they work?

sphanlon
sphanlon
I usually try to single-player the game as much as possible. However, now with all the content this year having an interconnected story, I want to get the 2 dungeon dlc this year.

Do you need to do these in a group to have any shot at all or can you do them alone?
They mentioned a "hard mode". I assume that's optional somehow.
If you can't realistically solo, I hope and assume it's not hard to find a group, especially after these just come out.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    normal mode is not hard to get a group for and complete. typically one end game dps-er can solo a normal dlc dungeon with ease, so 4 people who are slightly knowledgeable about roles will be capable. if you have pve guilds you should be able to find other interested folks in those or by group finder or zone chat
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't keep track of it, but I haven't heard of people soloing DLC dungeons as much as the base dungeons. Very mechanics-heavy. Lots of one-shot mechanics that trigger with slow DPS burns.

Hard mode is (mostly) just like the scrolls from the original dungeons, so its optional. The ones that do not involve scrolls involve certain actions you need to do or not do while killing the final boss.

Normal PUGs are available. Vet PUGs are harder to come by
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try them out on pts before buying.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ lets you play all the DLC's, so you wont have to buy them separately. and you get all these nifty side bonuses, like the materials bag <3
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to play ungrouped also but about two months ago I started running DLC dungeons to get an Illambris piece. I do them all the time now. I'm a little over 600 CP and could probably solo a few normal ones now, but then there are others just can't done. I'm DPS and on normal it takes me about 30 minutes to get a group and on vet sometimes a few minutes to 30 minutes. Vet seemed easier to me as the people playing vet know what they are doing. I ran normal ones at first to learn the mechanics and died a lot, then moved to vet and most times don't die much at all.

I'd recommend signing up for a group for Fungal Grotto 1 normal first. It's a cake walk. You're basically just playing ramped up overland bosses.
  • sphanlon
    sphanlon
    So they are typically 4-man and a bit harder than regular 4-man dungeons? I don't suppose it'll be hard if i need a group if i play right when it comes out. They'll probably be flooded.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @sphanlon , DLC dungeons are all 4-man (we're not talking trials in the expansions now), and they're typically harder than non-DLC 4-mans. Normal modes can be done with any group; a bit more experience, and vet won't be a problem. Hard modes (available only on top of veteran mode) can be challenging, you probably will want group to run with, plus I prefer to have voice communication for that - the biggest aid in vet DLCs and anything harder.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sphanlon wrote: »
    I usually try to single-player the game as much as possible. However, now with all the content this year having an interconnected story, I want to get the 2 dungeon dlc this year.

Do you need to do these in a group to have any shot at all or can you do them alone?
    They mentioned a "hard mode". I assume that's optional somehow.
    If you can't realistically solo, I hope and assume it's not hard to find a group, especially after these just come out.

DLC dungeons work pretty much the same as other dungeons, just generally a lot harder and longer.

In that respect, soloing them will be far more challenging. I think there are some mechanics that need more than one person as well, if my memory serves me correctly.