Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Take my money (2019) : What housing items/upgrades would you throw money at?

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
* Small and medium sized homes - 100-500 slots. I can't afford the Aldmeri Grotto - but I would have plunked money down in a heartbeat for just the ship.

* Wayshrines in homes. 4k crowns seems about right (Same as Mundus stones). Most of the large homes are not near any services (crafting, banking etc), would be nice to go home every night and not have to pay to go do writs in the morning.

* Crafting boards in homes. I have a feeling this isn't going to happen, but I would throw money at it!

* Better selection of crown furniture. Concept: remove anything blue or green and craftable/gold purchasable from the Purchase tab/Crown Store. Add upgraded items instead. Want a wine rack full of bottles? Buy it. Just want a wine rack and waste slots on filling it? Craft it! More FX would be nice - ethereal glows, overlays for outdoor skyboxes, glowing sigils. Seasons! Apply this style to turn Autmns gate into a winter ski cabin!

* Crafting hall. Lets face it - most large guilds have all the attunable stations, something like 500 slots now? How about a crafting hall where there are built in "slots" for stations. Maybe rooms for each zone? It's a pain for guild hall owners to add new stations to their long alphabetical lineups every time more sets are added. See “dial a set” station discussion below.

* More pets/collectibles. I'd pay for this upgrade, to be able to put *all* my cats and senche in one home.

* Trap furnishings! Those plants are GREAT, too bad I couldn't afford enough crown crates for more than 1 of each. And we can't gift gem items (boo). I don't want an arena home, I want people to fall off an innocent looking ladder in a maze I built, and die horribly.

* Put all pieces of limited time furnishing packages in the Purchase tab. Yes, I know if you find the right people, Customer Service will sell them "out of stock" furnishing packages (to gift to you). Not everyone has access to these individuals. So, please put Dibella, the giant dragon skeleton, Prince Hew's statue, etc, in the purchase tab. Charge 5k for the statue itself, but allow us access more than once a year (if that).

* Allow purchase of crowns only homes any time. This seems like the easiest win-win. You don't have to feature all homes in the Crown store at all times, but allow us to purchase at any time. Not everyone has the luxury of buying $200 worth of crowns at Christmas to hold until June for the home they want to buy. For festivals, such as Dark Brotherhood, offer the home at a discount, say 10%. Some people will wait until the event to purchase, others will pay full price.

* Add more in-zone furnishings (esp. plants!) to crown store. If I listed these it would break the forums. Easy one: *water lillies* or lotus. All over the Lakemire home, buy why can't I have them in Princely Dawnlight or Linchal?

* PLANTERS! with dirt! How could I forget? Vegetables on trellis for gardens would be nice too (tomatoes, berries, maybe squash). Trellis with flowers, not just pergoala.

* <TBA, add later, need to stream now!>

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom *waves*
Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on January 17, 2019 4:25PM
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon and armor furnishings including mannequins and weapon racks.

Better choice of wood planks and stone blocks - don’t get me wrong there’s nothing wrong with the current selection, it’s just they don’t suit everybody so maybe have different racial styles for them maybe? Less gaps in between the wood planks and maybe just different colouring/shade for the stone blocks

More building material in general, there’s plenty of mid-large sized homes where people would like to build well buildings or extra rooms inside - would be nice to get some new building materials like I stated above in my previous point one way could be to simply provide us with recolours of existing building items, however we could also do with some new stuff, Maybe some pieces for roofing?

More choices of small boats or other vehicles - prisoner cart or a dark elf style small boat for example

NPCs for houses! - servants, guards, random gathering of filler NPCs

Just a few ideas

S.A.96

P.s. pointless tagging zos staff, they don’t leave the general discussion section or the news section. (Flat out ignored my poll on weapon furnishings (staff were tagged several times) a while back, months since the last tag later, nothing but silence.)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ntless tagging zos staff, they don’t leave the general discussion section or the news section. (Flat out ignored my poll on weapon furnishings (staff were tagged several times) a while back, months since the last tag later, nothing but silence.)

Awesome ideas,. I tagged Jessica because she and I were talking on Twitter this morning. :)

While we're waiting on ZOS to add more materials, Essential Housing Tools addon does have more FX textures to put over floors etc. Sadly, FX are not solid, but if you want to cover up a worn looking floor with nice wood, just throw some FX down. Doesn't take housing slots either!
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on January 16, 2019 6:03PM
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ntless tagging zos staff, they don’t leave the general discussion section or the news section. (Flat out ignored my poll on weapon furnishings (staff were tagged several times) a while back, months since the last tag later, nothing but silence.)

Awesome ideas,. I tagged Jessica because she and I were talking on Twitter this morning. :)

While we're waiting on ZOS to add more materials, Essential Housing Tools addon does have more FX textures to put over floors etc. Sadly, FX are not solid, but if you want to cover up a worn looking floor with nice wood, just throw some FX down. Doesn't take housing slots either!

Unfortunately I don’t get access to add-ons, I’m on Xbox One...

I’ll share more ideas when I think of a few more
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furnishing bag with unlimited capacity. Either as an ESO+ bonus like the crafting bag or as an upgrade costing Crowns.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • TylerB
    TylerB
    Soul Shriven
    I'd like to see the "Seasonal" homes become permanently available. If one of the houses I want was available when I get my crowns from my sub, I'd be more likely to spend extra money on more crowns to buy it.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the crafting hall:

if you could have multiple attunements for a crafting station, let's say 10 or 20, you could gain so much space for other things. Inside the crafting station you could select the set same like you select the style.

Something that I really want is a wayshrine, but before anything else, more slots.

I wish for upgradable houses (like heartfire in Skyrim), such unlocking a cellar or a tower. But an upgrade in housing slots would be awesome!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Wood Elf Manor.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    Regarding the crafting hall:

if you could have multiple attunements for a crafting station, let's say 10 or 20, you could gain so much space for other things. Inside the crafting station you could select the set same like you select the style.

Something that I really want is a wayshrine, but before anything else, more slots.

I wish for upgradable houses (like heartfire in Skyrim), such unlocking a cellar or a tower. But an upgrade in housing slots would be awesome!

I didn’t want to mention my “dial a set station” idea. Large, lets say 4k vouchers, stations. Any crafting statiobs that character has found in the world are available via a menu. Encourages new players to go exploring, and if you want sets from content you don’t own, pay for crafting, which gives crafters stuff to do. Probably won’t happen though.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on January 16, 2019 10:38PM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More flowers. That is all. Normal sized, not giant bushes
    Edited by notimetocare on January 16, 2019 10:43PM
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, more small/medium homes in central locations. Nice, bright, liveable ones :smile:

Interactable companions living in our homes.

Edited by BretonMage on January 17, 2019 12:04AM
  • Romestamo
    Romestamo
    ✭✭
    The Summerset assets are great and could use more use. A vineyard estate for example - they could use the Manor of Masques more or less as is for the house, add vines, a fountain, some of those greenhouses and an outbuilding with a wine press in it. Would be even better if you could harvest grapes and use the press to make wine (making wine in a fireplace seems odd to me).

Servants and guards would be good too.

With necromancer on the way, secret door / secret room options make sense, those guys have a lot to hide.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre-built Bridges and walkways - large homes lately often have large areas of water and no way to bridge them without using planks which sometimes look out of place, how bout some proper walkways and bridges?
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pre-built Bridges and walkways - large homes lately often have large areas of water and no way to bridge them without using planks which sometimes look out of place, how bout some proper walkways and bridges?

Murkmire walkways/ramps are nice, but we could really use more building materials like that. Nice Dunmer bridges for gardens, stone platforms that aren't green or white marble. PLANTERS... OMG PLANTERS WITH DIRT
    And trellises with flowers, not just pergolas.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on January 17, 2019 4:30PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    A Wood Elf Manor.

Well, there's already Bouldertree refuge and the Gornir Estate. If you mean a wood and stone home... Wood Elves don't build homes so that's probaby not going to happen.
  • mykkul76
    mykkul76
    Soul Shriven
    This one needs a Vossa-satl for display at ones Xanmeer Lakemire Home. More than a momento, mind you. A music box that looks like a Vossa-satl.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mykkul76 wrote: »
    This one needs a Vossa-satl for display at ones Xanmeer Lakemire Home. More than a momento, mind you. A music box that looks like a Vossa-satl.

Oo! And a Dunmer koto! A lute, flute, any musical instruments!
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About the only thing I can think of I'd pay for having in a home is... my alt chars placed as NPCs so I can trade with them without loading screens, and a Wayshrine out (or an exit that leaves me in the spot I was when I ported in.)
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay upwards of 10k crowns for a follower companion named Lydia, doing near-abysmal tanking for me in the overland, while in her off hours stumbling around my home, never staying in one room, and, in general, just making me laugh.

I very much miss my burdens being carried in this way. :expressionless:
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    A furntiure bag!

All my alts are full of furniture, bank is overflowing, houses are full, and house chests are full. There is literally no more room.

I cannot play a Necromancer because I will need the extra character slot to hold furntiure for me. :(

A furniture bag would be game changing. And game changing I am prepared to pay for!

• Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, there's already Bouldertree refuge and the Gornir Estate. If you mean a wood and stone home... Wood Elves don't build homes so that's probaby not going to happen.

No, Snugpod, Bouldertree and Gorinir aren't what I'm looking for. They are small/medium/notable homes in the Bosmeri racial theme.

I'm looking for a proper Wood Elf manor. A much larger tree space to work with. There is a quest in Greenshade that deals with a traveling Graht Oak tree, I want something grand like that.

Even something with a tree like this would be okay. My fear is that, since all of Valenwood was already in the base game (no Wood Elf themed chapters coming), that Wood Elves won't get a proper grand house like the other Chapter races have been getting. Bretons are in a similar boat, but, they already have Daggerfall Overlook, so not really.

7KDistG.jpg

Edit: Adjusted image size

Edited by Left4Daud on January 18, 2019 11:10AM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colorful, glowing things. Anything. I don't care. Just as long as it's colorful and glows.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would add my vote for a bosmer Manor. The Grove at the end of CoA I, or beginning of CoA II rather as it's regrown and not burned, would be awesome.

3 trees with ramps and bridges connecting them, some interior rooms like in Silvenar, and then that lovely bosmer temple structure in the center. Waterfalls, lots of trees, plenty of water and streams, and generally flat.

I would pay much money for this.

There is yet hope for bosmer chapters/dlc however. While Valenwood is explored, There is the small matter of the location of the walking city, Falinesti. That could be a big deal for ESO lore.

But I would definitely prefer a massive bosmer Manor before they tackle Falinesti ^^
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    slot increase items

signs you can write a message on

signs that you can place a message on which flashes on your screen when near: ie beware of the plants.

wayshrines or clicky portal items.

more construction type materials
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one thing I would pay crowns for is an NPC writ courier or a writ board/turn-in. I want to have a reason to craft in the homes where I created nice crafting areas.

I would probably also pay for a wayshrine for one or two of my homes where said crafting areas are (the ones that aren't close to a wayshrine, like Amaya or Tel Galen). But only if we had access to crafting writs from our homes.

I would not pay for more housing slots. I believe that if they were ever able to increase them, that it should be a free update. If they were in the crown store, I'd just pass them by. No reason to spend MORE money for a house I've already spent money on (the only homes I need more slots for are the large/notable homes that I purchased with crowns).

Some of the other ideas that have been mentioned I would like to see added to the game as craftable or purchasable with gold. Like musical instruments. I don't generally buy furnishings with Crowns, though I did purchase a few of the furnishing packs (Vivec, Dibella, Sotha Sil).
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like more "clutter" items to make my homes look lived in. More carpet and curtain patterns and colors. More structure pieces to make our own outbuildings. Cut flowers. Different music boxes. Musical instruments. More cat pet placement slots. A HI-rez texture pack.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<3
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furnishing recipes/blueprints rather than items to buy on the crown store!
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Item limit increase. I've pretty much lost all interest in housing because of this not being implemented.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Functional Wayshrine furniture for Writ Vouchers
    - Ability to upgrade furniture cap for each house, just like you upgrade inventory & bank for gold
  • ed7878
    ed7878
    ✭✭
    TL;DR portion in italics with elaboration afterward if desired. Note that I have absolutely no idea if a lot of these are even implementable...

Most Important Thing Ever...

Toss-up between...

....slot upgrade with a max of something around 1000 from current limit of 700 for large homes. 10 slots for 1000 crowns. Depending on my mood, I might pay as much as 2500 crowns. Even just slots that are designated something like "basement" where the furniture pieces aren't actually placed in the home but are just in a storage space in the house for use later. I would pay 1000-1500 crowns for ten slots of that nature. Later, they could be upgraded to "placeable" slots and you all could get another 1000 crowns from me easy...

...and...

...Ability to deconstruct furniture. Could add a passive to level 50 woodworking called "Demolition" or tie it to an achievement.

All The Other Things + Suggestions

-a way to track where your furniture is without having to go to a house, open a storage container, or visit the bank - I have about 2500 pieces of furniture at this point and am routinely surprised by the pieces that I forgot I have. A list of, say, item names and a location (bank versus storage crate verses house) would be totally sufficient

The short, raised railing-like structures in homes like Earthtear Cavern that prevent a realistic display of rugs and other items

Furniture "upgrades." Furniture materials could be combined with resins from the associated station the piece of crafted on. So if you spend, say, 100 bast and 4 mastics, you could upgrade a blue chair to a purple chair.

Placeable non-furniture items. Items either found or crafted could be upgraded to be used as furniture. Ways to balance this so people don't just have another 700 slots of storage for inventory could include making items that are upgraded to furniture status no longer usable in the world, limiting them to ornate items, or changing status to account-bound instead of BoP.

-fix the Phantom Decorator glitch

-Lilly pads from Murkmire. Everybody who likes Murkmire wants those freakin' Lilly pads.

-[Be able to take groups of furniture ("parents and children") and turn them into one large piece of furniture, if it will increase FPS in high-slot houses. No idea if this is even doable on the back-end.

-the option to turn off furniture sound effects - I love my Mournful Aegis, whose constant "ooooommmm ahhhhh woooooaahhh" makes my house sound like a monastery, but sometimes I really want to turn it off before I get zen poisoning

-options to "build" an annex. Just being able to add a wing would be STELLAR, but even more awesome would be the ability to increase functionality (gain additional slots, add additional entryways, etc) by using materials to build a room that unlocks those functional upgrades. Wings of houses already owned could be "deconstructed" with

-build your own town. The new Xanmeer home is about the same size at Dead Water village (maybe even bigger?). Why not take some of the notable homes it to the logical extreme of basically being mayor of your own village?

-Renting rooms/houses. Players could rent houses or rooms to other players, in their own houses or in said player-made towns. Rent would be managed manually through the trade interface by buying a rent token for the month, say, to guarantee no one could get kicked out and ripped off.

-Faster ports to some of the more luxurious homes. For notable homes, they could have a "landing" where you at least don't have to deal with the loading screen from exiting your home after dealing with the first loading screen to port there - you just port to your porch only so it's faster. You'd just port to a very small, enclosed instance, which would effectively be a virtual front stoop. Think New York neighborhoods...

-Dedicated chat categories for home instances.

-Option to "fill" or "drain" depressions in the landscape of a home. Any depression in the landscape of a home could have the option to be filled with water, azure plasm, oil (ala CWC) and other liquids, or even sand.

-Option to dye housing walls. Linchal Grand Manor dyed purple would be a kick-ass tribute to Prince.