Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Expansion will only cover Anequina (northern Elsweyr)?

MLGProPlayer
MLGProPlayer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm guessing the Q4 DLC will cover Pelletine (southern Elsweyr) then?

This isn't a complaint thread. I'm just pointing out an observation I made. I'm sure Anequina will be the same size as previous chapters.

DR6DRfm.jpg

vbh5xXj.jpg
Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 16, 2019 6:08AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom might be good to answer this so people don't get mislead by this image.
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 16, 2019 4:07AM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They couldn't find any mountains in Elsweyr, obviously.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, hopefully they can comment on this
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can they do this to me?

I agree. Expansions should cover more area and then there are no more regions left and there is no game

Expansions must be concise to conserve space,
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ......woooowwwwww. :/

I really hope that isnt an official image.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    If you look here you can see the map of the area and size its small and lower down on the page.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/updates/chapter/elsweyr

And it looks like its the rest of Elsweyr being added it looks pretty big.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    I expect q4 for sure to add the rest, gives them the extra time they need to put out something better than having the entire thing out at once.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lathrop3 wrote: »
    How can they do this to me?

I agree. Expansions should cover more area and then there are no more regions left and there is no game

Expansions must be concise to conserve space,

I'm sure the area covered will be the same as in other expansions, as in Anequina will be the same size as Summerset/Vvardenfell.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 16, 2019 5:33AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    ......woooowwwwww. :/

I really hope that isnt an official image.

It's from the stream. Here is the more detailed concept art of the map (also from the stream):

vbh5xXj.jpg
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 16, 2019 5:52AM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That also explains why they made Rimmen the capital, as Torval isn't included.
    Shame, but the focus on Rimmen at least means that they have to show us the Akaviri.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks more like, Anequina and half of Tenmar together if you compare it to the old Beta map.

wmCUxl1.png
    Edited by Casdha on January 16, 2019 7:10AM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah but we might then get the rest in the second half of the year, I am hoping that we won't have to pay for it again perhaps another DLC zone (since they hopefully won't have to make as many new assets). Hopefully get it free like murkmire (or free to ESO+)
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Yeah but we might then get the rest in the second half of the year, I am hoping that we won't have to pay for it again perhaps another DLC zone (since they hopefully won't have to make as many new assets). Hopefully get it free like murkmire (or free to ESO+)

It'll definitely be free for ESO+ since Q4 is a DLC release, not a chapter. Whether or not they make it free for everyone like they did with Murkmire is a different story though.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MZIocK6.jpg

^

Here is Rimmen.

So, yes, Chapter will only cover Anequina (northern Elsweyr).

They said all content from 2019 will revolve around Elsweyr, so we'll see southern Elsweyr (Pelletine) in Q4.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rimmen is Anequina capital. Torval is the original Pelletine and whole Elseweyr capital.
    Edited by gepe87 on January 16, 2019 8:04AM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Presentation kind of reminds me of how Craglorn was introduced — initially, only Lower Craglorn was available for exploration, with Upper Craglorn coming later. Or was it vice-versa? It's been years since Craglorn entered the picture.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Q4 was said to be similar size as Murkmire, so I don’t expect rest of Elsweyr then.

No complains here, northern Elsweyr is my favourite.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The strange thing is that the Halls of Colossus are in the chapter, but they should be in the south on the peninsula ...

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Halls_of_Colossus
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q4 was said to be similar size as Murkmire, so I don’t expect rest of Elsweyr then.

The map size =/= playable size. The mini zones look a lot bigger on the world map than they actually are. Likewise, Anequina will be bigger than it looks on the world map.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 16, 2019 2:47PM
  • kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    The strange thing is that the Halls of Colossus are in the chapter, but they should be in the south on the peninsula ...

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Halls_of_Colossus

We go to Halls of Colossus after the Q1 Dungeon DLC right? Might not be part of the chapter. The Q4 story DLC might have Quin'rawl region with the halls for the ending.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The map size =/= playable size. The mini zones look a lot bigger on the world map than they actually are. Likewise, Anequina will be bigger than it looks on the world map.

That's true but instead of getting Elsweyr in the "Elsweyr Chapter" we get Northern Elsweyr which is roughly 50% of Elsweyr.

As ZOS will never hand out the other 50% (Southern Elsweyr) as just a DLC you have to sub for we will never see or play the entirety of Elsweyr. I mean on the map the Q4 DLC might look like it covers all of Southern Elsweyr but in reality it will be like 20% of it.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • ssorgatem
    ssorgatem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

That's true but instead of getting Elsweyr in the "Elsweyr Chapter" we get Northern Elsweyr which is roughly 50% of Elsweyr.

As ZOS will never hand out the other 50% (Southern Elsweyr) as just a DLC you have to sub for we will never see or play the entirety of Elsweyr. I mean on the map the Q4 DLC might look like it covers all of Southern Elsweyr but in reality it will be like 20% of it.

50% of Elsweyr is more than what we got of Morrowind with the Morrowind chapter.
  • Juzz
    Juzz
    ✭✭✭
    Mb they just gonna to add the rest during the year, like guildwars devs do, when they add chapter, then somekinda break to explore and then the rest of content? IMHO it could be good suggestion
    Make Skyrim great again.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ssorgatem wrote: »

50% of Elsweyr is more than what we got of Morrowind with the Morrowind chapter.

That's right and just shows how much of a shame this Chapter concept is when it comes to that. With Summerset and Morrowind it was easy because they're islands. But to give us half of Elsweyr in a Chapter that is named Elsweyr and revolves around Elsweyr... this could be considered as some kind of "scam"...
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 18, 2019 9:28AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Juzz
    Juzz
    ✭✭✭

That's right and just shows how much of a shame this Chapter concept is when it comes to that. With Summerset and Morrowind it was easy because they're islands. But to give us half of Elsweyr in a Chapter that is named Elsweyr and revolves around Elsweyr... this could be considered as some kind of "scam"...

Stop whinin’ already, will you?
    Don’t like it - get lost then
    Make Skyrim great again.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juzz wrote: »

We have a bad boi here.
    New sheriff is in town.
    Hide your skooma and children
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I was disappointed at first too when noticing this but if it means they go into more detail with the cities they do show, and give it a better representation, I can wait for the rest of Elsweyr eventually. Like, Rimmen looks far better than I was ever expecting it to. I doubt there will ever be a mainline game for Elsweyr so ESO is the only time besides mods that we'll get to see it, so I'd rather it be done right than rushed out.

I'm sure the scale will be much bigger than the mapsize indicates though, of course.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juzz wrote: »

No I will not. I find it rather amusing that people are so uncritical when it comes to this.

I love this game and I'm playing since 2014, that doesn't stop me to complain about shoddy business practices or marketing buzz.

They did this with Vvardenfell and they did this with Alinor (Alinor being as big as Auridon in game although it's two to three times the size in lore), it's just a cheap way to sell something for full price but deliver just half of what it should be.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 18, 2019 10:00AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still no comment :(
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's from the stream. Here is the more detailed concept art of the map (also from the stream):

vbh5xXj.jpg

My first thought on seeing that image was 'Hey look, there's another mountain in the middle!' :|
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works