Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Year of the Dragon: What about housing?

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I'm fairly sure we'll see new furnishing items and properties with Elsweyr - but what about QoL?

Maybe fixing the pivots in furnishings so they're consistent? Make the bounding box of Replica Dreamshard fit the item? Make grab points somewhere useful on furnishings?

Yes I can hear the "MORE SLOTS" below... what about filled furnishings? Wine racks with wine bottles. Desk with inkpot and pen.
More pets? More collectibles? Special FX?

How about a fine adjust on the editor UI? Being able to make *tiny* changes to line things up perfectly. Snap to grid?

Lots we can talk about besides slots.
Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on January 16, 2019 12:27AM
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    And zoned housing. Which would circumvent the item count limitations. How bout it, ZOS? :)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    elvici wrote: »
    And zoned housing. Which would circumvent the item count limitations. How bout it, ZOS? :)

Zoned? Housing is already a "pocket" dimension, you have your own zone chat while in home. Can't get around number of polys to render. :)

Not all of us have good enough graphics cards to load into a home that ignores item limits. Takes me about 5 minutes.

There's a lot more that could be done to alleviate using precious slots of things like, filling your wine racks with bottles.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on January 16, 2019 12:43AM
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    You would think they would do more for the Housing Community since a lot of money comes from the sale of housing and housing items...... And yes... SLOTS!
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You would think they would do more for the Housing Community since a lot of money comes from the sale of housing and housing items...... And yes... SLOTS!

Well, if people would watch me stream housing (decorating etc) it might make an impact. PvP gets all the love because that community gripes constantly, and it's content that people stream, a lot.
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    Zoned areas within a house, TLC. I could live with a load screen transitioning from indoors to out if it meant we had twice the item capacity.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zoned areas within a house, TLC. I could live with a load screen transitioning from indoors to out if it meant we had twice the item capacity.

Ah ok, that would be different. But again, remember that not everyone wants to wait 2 minutes to go outside. It's a full 2 minutes for me to leave/enter a house.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on January 16, 2019 12:47AM
  • Aziara
    Aziara
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of having more 'grouped' items, like full wineracks, desks with things on them.. stuff like that. We can already get bookshelves stuffed with books, and it only takes 1 slot...why not the same with other items?
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aziara wrote: »
    I like the idea of having more 'grouped' items, like full wineracks, desks with things on them.. stuff like that. We can already get bookshelves stuffed with books, and it only takes 1 slot...why not the same with other items?

Bookcases full of lorebooks! Reguard has 2 different filled bookcases, how about others? Display cases with some racially appropriate items.

And let's talk KITCHEN STOVES, and yes, ones that you can cook on. NPCS don't have campfires in their kitchens.
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Well they can remove slots limitations I sure dont have that at home and if it is like they say its some console bs crap I realy dont care as I play eso on pc o remove this crap about house slot (half) when I buy the houses with crown (real money) I want full slot no req for subbing

Did I offend someone and his feelings now? ( sorry ) but no I no fanboi
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't give a crap about an Arena house. How about making homes less than $75? Removing craftable furnishings from the crown store so it's easier to navigate? (bonus, invigorates the crafted furnishings market)

HOW ABOUT MORE SMALL AND MEDIUM SIZED HOMES. There's a huge segment of the housing community that likes owning a lot of homes. Decorating these giant monstrosities is tiring and expensive. I want lots of small homes. I didn't want a palace in Hew's Bane, I wanted a small theives den.

How about listening to the full housing community? I'm not sure who is on the "Housing Reps" board, but they're not voicing my wants.

WHAT ABOUT FLOWERS YOU CAN BUY FOR GOLD??? Why aren't all the furnishing vendors stocking relevant furnishings for their zone. We can only buy HUGE desert rocks through crown store? WTF. Housing and outfits ARE end game for a lot of players. Why are they the domain of whales and not everyone?
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on January 16, 2019 1:26AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why are they the domain of whales and not everyone?

Because they are trying to fund the game, to quite a large extent, via housing.

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Why are they the domain of whales and not everyone?

Because they are trying to fund the game, to quite a large extent, via housing.

So, then alliw our dollars to go further. I don’t spend money on housing because it’s pointless. Large homes are too expensive, and buying 1 furnishing for a palace isn’t enough. Make housing reasonable and I’ll spend money.

Before anyone spouts off crap about “it works for Apple,” no, Apple doesn’t throw out half baked, barely functional phones ans charge like it’s perfection.
  • Ravenayle
    Ravenayle
    ✭✭✭
    There should be wine racks with bottles in them, more of the book cases should have some books, also. But also we could have a stack of plates or bowls for a hutch so that they can have dishes on them. How about a Spice rack? Kitchen sink? Cannisters?

I agree.. more flowers that can be bought in the game with gold. I noticed some rose bushes in the game. Why can't we buy those already? We also need more small shrubs that don't look like they were plucked from the Tundra. More building blocks, too. How about walls with windows?

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ravenayle wrote: »
    There should be wine racks with bottles in them, more of the book cases should have some books, also. But also we could have a stack of plates or bowls for a hutch so that they can have dishes on them. How about a Spice rack? Kitchen sink? Cannisters?

I agree.. more flowers that can be bought in the game with gold. I noticed some rose bushes in the game. Why can't we buy those already? We also need more small shrubs that don't look like they were plucked from the Tundra. More building blocks, too. How about walls with windows?

Excellent! Also WATER LILIES. Lotus are ok, but water lilies please!
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I can hear the "MORE SLOTS" below... what about filled furnishings? Wine racks with wine bottles. Desk with inkpot and pen.
    I know more slots has been "talked to death" by the housing community but that is what it takes to get anything around here. The pvpers have to constantly make a lot of noise to changes done and we have been asking for things like guild trader UI improvements for years. So one day we might get more slots because they are really needed.

But there are other things i would like to see as well:
    * More gold houses. We are getting way to many crown houses and not enough gold houses.
    * Smaller houses. The large houses are so big now like the Grotto that even doing just the boat and dock can easily take up most of your slots. Nevermind all the other areas.
    * Access in houses. There are many houses that have areas that you should be able to go but cant get too unless you build your own access system.

Other things i would like to see personally:
    *A furniture storage solution ( like a furniture bank with 50 slots free and you can purchase for gold up to 500 slots. I dont like using my bank or a house to store furniture.
    * The ability to visit someones houses that are not set as primary. A drop down of houses owned that they have set as public/guild/ friends/etc.
    * The ability to fish in your house( depending on if you have water or not). The more water the more fishing nodes you have. In addition to regular fish you have a chance to catch any furnishing print that is not bought that is currently in the game And the list is updated each time new stuff is added. You also have the chance to snag the actual furniture.
    * More useful interactives in houses such as NPCs and herb gardens.
    * I would also like to see more items that are unlocked with achievements. Some of the zone achievement furnishers have only a couple of items. I would like to see that expanded.
    * I would also like to be able to manipulate the ground( not floor) in some houses. Remove the grass, cut the weeds, lay cobblestone or some such that suppresses the weeds and tall grass i cannot remove so i can make it looked well kept.

Zoned? Housing is already a "pocket" dimension, you have your own zone chat while in home. Can't get around number of polys to render. :)

Not all of us have good enough graphics cards to load into a home that ignores item limits. Takes me about 5 minutes.

There's a lot more that could be done to alleviate using precious slots of things like, filling your wine racks with bottles.

The argument of "not everyone has a good..." is kind of pointless. That is like saying not everyone can afford a luxury car therefore no one should be able to own one. Someone who spends $2500 on a gaming system should not have to limit themselves to low quality because someone else plays on a dinosaur console.

I think space should be up to a certain point the client itself can handle and it is up to you to determine how close to that limit you can go. That way everyone can do housing to their max potential that they can based on their hardware.

That said. You also dont need a high end CPU or graphics card to get a drastic improvement. For example i have a 10 year old 7th gen intel I7 and a gtx 650 video card. My wife has a mobile i5 and integrated graphics that is from 2015. Nothing fancy when she bought it. It might take me 30 seconds to load into vivec or alinor from another zone. She will load in in about 10-15 seconds. My graphics look better than hers and i get much better FPS but that is mainly because i have a dedicated card with dedicated memory and all of hers is on board. So when people tell me it takes 3 minutes or 5 minutes to load into somewhere( not the into game but zone to zone) that means to me you are just trying to play the game on a dinosaur PC. SO this would be like the 5% of people who refuse(d) to give up their flip phones for smartphones keeping everyone else from being able to enjoy the new tech. And that really is what it is.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The argument of "not everyone has a good..." is kind of pointless. That is like saying not everyone can afford a luxury car therefore no one should be able to own one. Someone who spends $2500 on a gaming system should not have to limit themselves to low quality because someone else plays on a dinosaur console.

I think space should be up to a certain point the client itself can handle and it is up to you to determine how close to that limit you can go. That way everyone can do housing to their max potential that they can based on their hardware.

The issue here is - so if you have a luxury graphics card and can handle 2k furnishings in your home, I can't visit your home. You personally may not want to share your homes, but many people do. You are making the same elitist argument that "overland needs to be VMA hard because I'm bored." This is an MMO, players have a wide variety of skill levels, hardware, and amounts money to spend. Limiting major parts of the game to those with the money IRL money isn't how you retain players long term.