Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Customize Your Home with 3D Essential Effects(tm) (BETA) from Essential Housing Tools

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elissn wrote: »
    Had to try it out finally. I only did some quick tests but I love it already! Huge thanks for creating this wonderful addon! Housing wouldn't be the same without it -obviously. It opens the way for so much creativity! Simply amazing!

The paintings are exactly what I needed to fill the wall thingies in the Psijic Villa (I have no clue how they're called in English). I used the ice sheet as glass because it looks more rough than the plain glass.
    Without glass: Rather unrealistic...
    d8PXvC5.png
    ...with glass: Perfection!
    8Z5yVMF.png

Next thing I tried was to create a nebula / night sky to cover the ceiling of my scrying chamber. I used colored fog and fireflies. Due to the layering issues other people already mentioned I had to place the fireflies far below the fog, otherwise it would look like this:
    5IyH74A.png
    But is still works! (From below that is. When I stand on the balcony the fireflies are more in the middle of the room rather then at the ceiling.)
    hhYHnT5.png

And then I made some additions to my srcying pool.
    kZPqrzm.png
    It works so well with the scrying functionality effect I implemented some time ago.
    AzPbtCw.png
    QmkmlLr.png

Did you plan to let us change the transparency of an object? To make some things less massive, like the rune effects. Right now they stand out quite a bit, which can be great, but I'd prefer if I could make them more subtle. Just an idea.

If the effects are too close or overlap they will clip and one might even block out the other, so you have to play with it.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    was just about to make a suggestion on the subject: @R_K we all admire your work and efforts but could you spend some time on trying to fix overlays first in stead of providing a bunny for an individual?

take for example water and fog, nice and good now, I bet if we can decently overlay them the two would become awesome
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    talking about custom builds: I strongly suggest making a separate tab for that.

because @R_K never reads his mails :) I will set the benchmark for custom builds:

I ask for useable logo's for 2 guilds I am in. will pay:

1M gold each
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome work with the new decorations, at last there's a battle axe over the fireplace, thank you!

Leaving this here as a wishlist item for next Christmas:
    301665d1506563253-cnc-chess-set-got-chess.jpeg
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on January 8, 2019 8:08PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    R_K wrote: »
    For me the big thing is atmospherics. My most desperate desire in housing is to be able to control the time of day. Your skies are wonderful though objects can look a little weird against the darker ones. The biggest problem is that the skies do not effect the lighting, which remains whatever time of day it is in the game. The Veil of Darkness is great for introducing a pervading sense of gloom, which is great for a couple of my properties. Alas, I cannot achieve true nighttime. Yet. I'm sure you're working on it. So... can you hurry that up? LOL

I do really LOVE that I can have snow not only in my snowglobe but in another house I designed to be snowy as well. Thank you so much for all you do!

@MornaBaine You are so welcome! :) I'm glad that the snow effects were useful in those properties for you! <3

I have been researching [ongoing] other ways that I may be able to further influence the textures of standard items in the home to help tie together all of the Sky, Darkness and Weather effects. If/when I figure it out, you know that the very next release will have it ... ;-)

And this is why we love you!

@MornaBaine <3 and this is why I love developing these tools for you! <3:wink:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catsmoke14 wrote: »
    Hey R_K, here is a possible image of a guard. It is from "Pixabay" and has a "CCO" creative commons usage tag.

The guy in the post below thinks this would make a good suit of armor so I'll leave it. It's hidden anyway.

2remss5.jpg
    [/spoiler}

@Catsmoke14 Heya! I tried to import that image but it had a number of holes in its transparency -- any chance you could get a similar [but different] one like that? I'd like to add a suit of armor like that to the FX list! <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    @R_K I just wanted to say thank you once again for all you do.

I realize this must take hours of your free time and you do such amazing work without a single complaint. You are very humble and gracious and a true talent.

Thank you for giving all of us housing artists the paints and brushes to create our own masterpieces.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying this holiday season. Make sure to take time out for yourself as well <3

@Delphinia Thank you so much Delphinia - and I hope that you had a great holiday as well. (and, in case it wasn't obvious, people like you are the reason I develop these add-ons in the first place <3) :)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alkapton wrote: »
    I love the floor textures. Would a rocky cave floor effect be possible?

@Alkapton I'm so glad! And for sure -- there are a few rock and stone flooring options available under both the Building Materials and the Landscaping FX categories. :)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Amaya Lake lodge
    014cm08wusju.jpeg
    vv5xcpf5afr8.jpeg
    vfj1vd3s3f0h.jpeg
    cziuekb84453.jpeg
    Here’s a Linchal shot with the square stained glass.
    3cqrs7v67z0g.jpeg

@Krainor1974 Your homes looked amazing by the way -- even better in person! Thank you so much for the tours!
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K, absolutely, I will see what else I can find for armor.

If you have any interest here is a trap door I made from a public domain gray scale image from pdclipart.org.

Use it if you like. There's nothing special about it. I really should have made a ring handle.
    16k28ll.jpg

Also, here is a rectangular window I made from a Breton style window, with clear glass. It might be useful for building towers or barns or such out in the yard. People may want to look out clear glass. But if not anything you can use then no problem, I'm slowly learning more Gimp from all these things.
    2cq1x6p.jpg
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K I am IN LOVE with the Sovengarde sky. I have a question tho....would you consider doing a similar one in JUST the blue shades and that has a full dome instead of being empty up top?

Here's what it looks like at night and OMG if I could just have this forever I'd die of bliss! LOL

W8qzI9R.png

cHcSF1s.png
    Edited by MornaBaine on January 9, 2019 8:37PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @R_K. I saw huge holes in that image with the lance. So yes, no good at all.

I don't think you saw this image from "Pixabay" with the pixabay license, which is "CCO" according to what I read. If this can't be used I'll keep searching of course. *Yet this is same as the one under the spoiler - I don't see any holes in this? Eh, I'll keep looking anyway.

2hi8pk5.jpg

Here is another one from pixabay with the same license:

i75q2v.jpg

And one more, again from Pixabay, same "CC0" license, probably the one I like best:

1e7tht.jpg

Edited by Catsmoke14 on January 12, 2019 1:37AM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Amaya Lake lodge
    014cm08wusju.jpeg
    vv5xcpf5afr8.jpeg
    vfj1vd3s3f0h.jpeg
    cziuekb84453.jpeg
    Here’s a Linchal shot with the square stained glass.
    3cqrs7v67z0g.jpeg

@Krainor1974 Your homes looked amazing by the way -- even better in person! Thank you so much for the tours!

NP anytime you want to tour more let me know esp over weekends if you see me in guild chat just ask
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K I am IN LOVE with the Sovengarde sky. I have a question tho....would you consider doing a similar one in JUST the blue shades and that has a full dome instead of being empty up top?

Here's what it looks like at night and OMG if I could just have this forever I'd die of bliss! LOL

W8qzI9R.png

cHcSF1s.png

I was able to fill the hole decently in my favorite sky with the largest whirlpool ever, lol. You can prolly try same n play with colors to match the sky, it’s not perfect but it’s better than the hole. The slow spin can maybe be power being harnessed above your house esp for rp.
    obav17knclfc.jpeg
    Edited by Krainor1974 on January 11, 2019 3:39PM
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @R_K, this "pet" followed me home from Pixabay (with pixabay license equivalent to CC0).

Can we have him? (orig. image about 1200 by 1200)

2ivy11.jpg

I modified him with a more closed mouth. And Red eye. I think it looks more threatening? Eh.

15n3r88.jpg

Edited by Catsmoke14 on January 13, 2019 4:14AM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the new panel :
    v5l83qqyo2qa.jpeg
    00kaxr5vwk6f.jpeg
    c2kpqwdkqkga.jpeg
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Vivec City apt fish tank
    vho28opocdoq.jpeg
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fireflies.... you got me.

When I was a child in the mid-50s, we traveled every summer (and sometimes winter too) back to Arkansas and Missouri to where my grandparents still lived. The one thing I looked forward to in summer was the fireflies. We lived in CA, and there were no fireflies there (but then again, there were condors soaring over the Sespe, and MILLIONS of ladybugs on the long grass growing over the hills - seriously, you couldn't just bodyslide down the grass.... because.... all those ladybugs....)

I love fireflies to this day. I live in the US desert southwest now, and we don't have fireflies. So thanks for this!
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

W8qzI9R.png

cHcSF1s.png

@MornaBaine I am so glad that you like the updated Sky Overlays. As for Sovengarde, I will certainly do my best to create a convincing top segment for the cylinder for that overlay. As for a Blue Only form... have you tried changing the sky’s color? Just like all of my other FX, the skies can also be colored and now their brightness can also be adjusted. Let me know if that doesn’t meet your requirements for your build though.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome work with the new decorations, at last there's a battle axe over the fireplace, thank you!

Leaving this here as a wishlist item for next Christmas:
    301665d1506563253-cnc-chess-set-got-chess.jpeg

@Bladerunner1 Ooh, I like the idea of a tabletop chessboard as a Decorative FX. I’ll see what I can do.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catsmoke14 wrote: »
    Hey @R_K, this "pet" followed me home from Pixabay (with pixabay license equivalent to CC0).

Can we have him? (orig. image about 1200 by 1200)

2ivy11.jpg

I modified him with a more closed mouth. And Red eye. I think it looks more threatening? Eh.

15n3r88.jpg

@Catsmoke14 Heya, did you find the suit of armor that I added for you?
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Fireflies.... you got me.

When I was a child in the mid-50s, we traveled every summer (and sometimes winter too) back to Arkansas and Missouri to where my grandparents still lived. The one thing I looked forward to in summer was the fireflies. We lived in CA, and there were no fireflies there (but then again, there were condors soaring over the Sespe, and MILLIONS of ladybugs on the long grass growing over the hills - seriously, you couldn't just bodyslide down the grass.... because.... all those ladybugs....)

I love fireflies to this day. I live in the US desert southwest now, and we don't have fireflies. So thanks for this!

@Sylvermynx Oh, nice! I am so happy that the Fireflies have an association with such a beautiful memory for you - thank you for sharing that ... that just made my day when I read this. <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vhxyoui944d7.png
    vaz39zxtd22c.png
    eqqooigfprgx.png
    3eg1hepvvo0d.png
    1qbhbqocgzju.png
    f71w7a63wqcn.png
    7sboeqbrz4nc.png

@Krainor1974 what can I say Krainor? I can always count on you to adopt my latest additions on the same day they are released - and to use them in a striking and creative way each time. Thank you so much for continuing to share these photos with us. I hope they inspire other players as much as you continue to be. <3
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @R_K, I saw that armor suit. Some of your other boosters like it too.

So thanks for that. Onward and upward!
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K open your mailbox plz...
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K got to love round water

qn5axfl2u98b.png
    Edited by Krainor1974 on January 16, 2019 3:41PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

W8qzI9R.png

cHcSF1s.png

@MornaBaine I am so glad that you like the updated Sky Overlays. As for Sovengarde, I will certainly do my best to create a convincing top segment for the cylinder for that overlay. As for a Blue Only form... have you tried changing the sky’s color? Just like all of my other FX, the skies can also be colored and now their brightness can also be adjusted. Let me know if that doesn’t meet your requirements for your build though.

I completely forgot I could do that! I'll give it a try. But mostly I was just amazed at how it looked at night. Figure out that day/night toggle for me please! LOL
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    @R_K open your mailbox plz...

@immozz01 I haven’t forgotten about you. The sign/logo is done and will be included in 10.0.0, the next update. ;)