The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ZOS: Housing Features?

Thehartclan
Thehartclan
✭✭✭
Alright so we’ve seen countless posts about furniture caps, desired furniture, ideal housing locations, etc. I think there are many valid points made in most of those discussions, but I want to talk about baseline functionality of the housing platform.

Being housing is still a fairly new component in ESO it is no surprise that there are many areas for improvement as users continue to reimagine housing and create an ever growing mini economy within the game. When it comes to usability though there are some super simple features that are non-existent that would make housing an even better investment for players.

The ability to only have one house available to visitors at any given time is a huge let down. Many designers have showcase homes, crafters have furniture stores.... all of which we are limited to one that players can currently visit. As someone who makes a good deal of gold decorating, it would be highly beneficial for potential clients to be able to visit any one of my finished homes to see examples of my work. For crafters, they may want to have the ability for guests to toggle between their primary residence and their furniture store(s).

Following in line, housing almost warrants its own menu, outside of collections where a player could visit their primary, secondary, etc. View furniture in inventory or in bank independent of everything else, see a log of known furniture diagrams (similar to viewing styles in lore library), or as simple as splitting houses into sub-categories (if you’ve ever seen Faunters House List they are sub-divided by furniture cap: inn, apartment, small, medium, large, mansion, etc).

The camera views when placing items is a constant struggle, especially with larger or odd shaped items. Often times one ends up guessing and readjusting because you can’t on the camera to show the full item properly while placing.

Naming homes is another simple easy thing, and having a message of the day type function would be fantastic for leaving information on how to make appointments, price ranges, or friendly greetings.

I love the housing portion of ESO, but I do see a lot of opportunity for it to be bigger and better (thus being more lucrative for you AND me, and many others). I hope ZOS will continue to put resources towards expanding the homestead features and that we can look forward to some awesome growth in the platform in upcoming releases.

Thanks for your time!!

Edited by Thehartclan on January 15, 2019 7:56AM
The Hart Clan

Atelier: Exquisite Homesteads, Facilitator
New Scrolls Order - Admin Officer

9 Trait Crafter/ Furniture Expert / Housing Expert
Vet 810 MagDK - 43k

PSN: The-J-Hart Server: PS4 NA
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    were you aware of the fact that we can already rename houses? MoTD would be harder, but the naming is already possible (at least on pc, not sure how that would work on Consoles).

@Alassirana
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    were you aware of the fact that we can already rename houses? MoTD would be harder, but the naming is already possible (at least on pc, not sure how that would work on Consoles).

@Alassirana

We can, but I don't think that visiting players can see it?
  • Thehartclan
    Thehartclan
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

@Alassirana

We can, but I don't think that visiting players can see it?

Correct. Just like pets. Only you can see this. Not guests - that’s the miss.
    Edited by Thehartclan on January 15, 2019 6:19PM
    The Hart Clan

Vet 810 MagDK - 43k

• Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to have a npc trader in my house selling wares getting some practical use of our houses plz.

I want ....
  • Thehartclan
    Thehartclan
    ✭✭✭
    Adding that crafting stations should be able to be placed in all homes**
    The Hart Clan

Vet 810 MagDK - 43k

• Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was dissappointed when Housing was not mentioned in the twitch announcement this week. I mean, they were talking about the whole ESO year 2019. I would have hoped at least for a mentioning of planned new housing features. The only thing they said was about a new arenalike house - and that was only in the after-show.
    Housing is more than constantly producing new oversized houses for the players to buy.
    PC/EU
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was dissappointed when Housing was not mentioned in the twitch announcement this week. I mean, they were talking about the whole ESO year 2019. I would have hoped at least for a mentioning of planned new housing features. The only thing they said was about a new arenalike house - and that was only in the after-show.
    Housing is more than constantly producing new oversized houses for the players to buy.

Agreed. I would hope for the 5-year anniversary that they would do something more substantial for housing, and not just a slew of new giant monstrosities for way too many crowns that can't be decorated properly.

Proper, designated guild halls would be a great new feature. Revamping the whole visitor permissions and primary houses so that it's easier to determine who has what permissions to which houses and so that players can visit more than just our primary homes.

I'd also like to see more interactions for furnishings (sleeping on beds, e.g.) and more functionality (NPC writ courier, e.g.).