The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Loading screens became unbearable

commdt
commdt
✭✭✭✭
Hey, I was not having many issues with loading screens, were getting them sometimes (generally when entering dungeon with group finder or entering Delves) and they never were permanent, I just had to wait 5-10 minutes. But the last 2 weeks it is a complete disaster. I get them on every occasion (like taking wayshrine to enother zone, leaving a Delve or entering my own house which is 2x2 meters with exactly zero furnishings in it) one after another. I.e. in the last hour I got already 4 (one of them Im experiencing right now). And whats even worse they are permanent. I tried to wait for hour, and once even left it for a whole night, they never resolved, so I have to Alt+F4 every time and restart the game.
I dont know whats going on, why it all started in last 2 weeks, when average online is even lower then usual, but in this state the game is completely unplayable. Im dropping my current activity and will try to do anything else, which doesnt involve much zonechanging and see how it goes.
Hope this matter will be resolved any time soon
Rawr
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    happens usually to this one only when entering instances (even solo ones), which is bad enough, but it becomes truly unbearable when you are or want to join a group, especially with group finder.

Loading screens are a no-go there when you want to complete stuff fast with a random group
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    More observation on this matter. They seem to happen primarily when an overland zone is loading, through wayshrine or when leaving a dungeon. When loading in dungeon it happens pretty rare. Also I asked my friends and it seems not everyone is having the issue. I already tried to turn of addons for no effect, what else can it be? Maybe something with my hard drive?
    Rawr
  • Ananoriel
    Ananoriel
    ✭✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issues. I took a break from eso just before Murkmire and nothing was wrong then. Two weeks ago I returned to the game and in these weeks I've had around 8 infinite loading screens... I also noticed the the game in general feels more laggy.

I have only the Skyshards, Lorebooks and Master Merchant addons, but I doubt that that's the issue. I have stable and fast internet and I havent changed anything in the meantime. I also made no big changes to my pc which could cause this.

I heard other players from the guilds I'm in saying the same issues lately. So I guess that it is something with the client?
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This game is really broke.....

Why are ZOS skimping on the upgrades? Are they using servers from the 1990's? What is going on?
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet the issue is something really weird, but not too hard to fix. You know, that fun stuff... Like back when the number of quests a character had completed increased loading times... or like how just recently someone found out that you can improve fps in cyrodiil by typing your PSN/xbox/steam id in the search bar of the guild roster. Seems like ZOS is bad at managing text files...
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet the issue is something really weird, but not too hard to fix. You know, that fun stuff... Like back when the number of quests a character had completed increased loading times... or like how just recently someone found out that you can improve fps in cyrodiil by typing your PSN/xbox/steam id in the search bar of the guild roster. Seems like ZOS is bad at managing text files...

It happens on all of my characters, so I doubt it is somehow related to my ingame progress. Right now im digging into my hard drive (like defragmentation or bad sectors). Ill update this topic if something changes
    For now the problem persists if not getting worse
    Rawr
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (PC/EU) I've recently started to get ~5 min loading screens. Because SSD I'd quess its not my HD being slow but servers being slow in something related creating instances or switching zones.

It's not been a problem for last few days cause I have not bothered to log in. I still intend to give it a honest thorough try cause I like the combat but genericness if it all and low quality of life both in gameplay AND playing the game is starting to really bug me.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (PC/EU) Long loading still happens. For me seems entering solo instance is most likely (but not only) to have trouble. Usually takes 1/2 min up to 5min but last was ~8min before "Can't connect to game server" when entering At Himath Estate at Cold Coast (early Dark Brotherhood). Have not had infinite ones myself.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw verifying of the game files and defragmentation didn't help a bit. And now I get infinite load screens even when I login to characters and happens more often now. It becomes a disaster
    Rawr
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (PC/EU) Just now, Anvil Castle, infinite one this time (or at least >10min, cause lost patience killed the gaem from task manager).
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same. PC/EU
    ZOS hate PC/EU, everyone knows it.
    Got two in a row in fungal grotto random normal.

Also small observation - if i entering dungeon in old classic way - through the physical dungeon door itself, i don't get infinite screen. It started right after wolfhunter update. And as usual, ZOS don't care about it.
    Edited by mocap on January 23, 2019 7:59PM
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similarly, I've recently been getting lots of micro-loading screens while traversing Cyrodiil, which is making PvP a real PITA.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • kheelneo
    kheelneo
    Soul Shriven
    today is almost impossible to play. I've already killed the game twice 'cause loading screen stuck.

Is there anyone of @ZOS can give us feedback, pls? I don't know, a simple reply as "we read your post, we checking/working on it..."

thanks
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad today too, been off since xmas for me.
  • Ananoriel
    Ananoriel
    ✭✭✭
    Today I had two infinite loading screens in Glenumbra. Both happened around 8 pm, so I guess it is tied to server population.
    It is very annoying, especially if you get them while entering dungeon's (happens a lot as well).

I send a support ticket every time I get one, hoping other people do the same so ZOS gets spammed with the tickets about this issue. And with that I hope that they realize it is a serious issue for a lot of players and that it will get fixed, hopefully soon...
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, some days I can't get on the game - I've got a new pc with a clean win 10 build, upgraded spec from my last gaming pc and tried unloading my addons and running repair as EVERY support ticket has asked me to...
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • victory.immortalb16_ESO
    Yep. Was fine for me today for a couple hours and then 5pm Uk time and now getting the loading screen of death entering delves....
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a EU megaserver issue only or have any other servers suffered?
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • tthhyyss
    tthhyyss
    ✭✭✭
    I lost count how many times this is reported.. with still no feedback about it... Its unplayable and i ruin a lot of xp buff potions with this *** and wait to every groupmember is back from his alt+f4... Its plain awfull
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (PC/EU) So, today mostly exploring zones, collecting wayshrines, skyshards and lorebooks, visiting delves. Most instances took 30s to minutes to load.

Eastmarch, ping ~90 except in Windhelm Outlaws Refuge and and The Chill hollow up to 999+ (or whatever caps ingame indicator). Exiting getting back did not help.

Craglorn, ping ~110. I managed to visit Zalgas Den and sneak to skyshard. But it took one infinite loading screen and another 4min45s load. Attempted to load few other delves / dungeons in that zone but had infinite (5min+ is my kill limit now) and stopped trying.

Also had graphics rather unpleasantly flickering all around Craglorn. I do have occasional flick at other zones but nothing as migraineish. (I still have not visited Cryodiil.) I don't want to visit Craglorn again before it is fixed. Whatever it is, no other game does that for me. (I5-2500 @ 3.3G, 16G ram, SSD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050, 1440x2560 @ 75hz, Win 7 pro sp 1.)

• Climbatiz
    Climbatiz
    Server: PC/EU

had nothing but trouble trying to enter delves in Craglorn, infinite loading screens (+5min or just forever), been trying to enter Mtharnaz group delve dozens of times now and it always hangs forever, same thing happened to a guildy, wonder if dungeon is totally bugged now or something

otherwise, seems server needs some maintenance i suppose, cuz from reading the posts this seems to be happening more and more often
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Well if maintenance was supposed to fix this - it hasn't, loading times were great for like an hr before deteriorating to 5-10 min loading wait times.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • MaxWattage
    MaxWattage
    Soul Shriven
    I'm yet another customer experiencing long/infinite loading screens when entering instanced areas.

I don't know if anyone reads these comments, but if the game isn't fun to play and keeps crashing then I will be less inclined to buy any more DLC packs for it, so Zenimax's profits are the indirect victim.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (EU/PC) Can confirm, maintenance marathon helped for short time but loading in general is getting slower and lower and at least for solo instances loading times are at the moment beyond annoying.