The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Kill 40 enemy players bugged/PC/NA

SwampRaider
SwampRaider
✭✭✭✭✭
As a Healer and a support class I find kill enemy players bugged. The new one from the new board in cyrodiil. Even some of my DPS friends are not registering kills

We defended a keep the other night and bombed at least 70 people and no one got any kills for the quest. I was on a Stam sorc and all I was doing was using Rapids for the group and throwing down caltrops and time stop. I know that my caltrops and my hurricane hit all those people as we were bombing them. No one in my group got any kills registered for the quest
Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
Alliance: DC
Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    Needs to be killing blow and 40 different people
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grabber wrote: »

That's what my group thought at first, but that doesn't seem to be the case, either. My group leader was getting credit for the quest when I got killing blows, and I wasn't getting credit. So far the only constant seems to be that only one person can get credit for the killed player, but it's not at all clear to me how the game decides who gets the credit.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS please look into this!

So far it only works for 1 person in the group or if you are not grouped and you kill someone.
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its because you are blueberry scum
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on April 9, 2019 1:55PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS please look into this!

So far it only works for 1 person in the group or if you are not grouped and you kill someone.

maybe try staying out of group during the quest.

That's now how quests should work, especially in a part of the game that is explicitly designed to be group content.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    )
    Edited by Gilvoth on April 9, 2019 1:54PM
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i must say, if this is intended that you be solo for this quest to work, then my hat is off to the man whom designed this, because this is the Very Best Zerg stoper made in eso to Date!
    i like it, and i hope we see more designs like this in the future. (if my theory is correct)

The point cyrodiil is to be grouped for at least the most success. Cyrodiil was designed for groups in mind. It should work both in and out of groups
    Edited by SwampRaider on May 24, 2018 6:07PM
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the kill enemy players, wardens, dragonknights, and so forth give credit group wide, it seems more likely that this is a bug.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bugged, but no idea how it picks who gets the kill.

We are 2 in group. First day I was group leader and got the quest and shared it to friend and only I was getting kills. Second day friend got quest while being leader and shared it to me and still only I got the kills.

I can just touch enemy and get the kill no matter who killed it. If I dont touch enemy at all, friend will get the kill. Even once I finished my quest (I am at 40/40) or once I returned it (I have totally different) friend still cant get any kills if in group with me.
    Edited by SodanTok on May 24, 2018 6:30PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Bugged, but no idea how it picks who gets the kill.

it may work that the count only goes to him whom did the most damage per that kill.
    much the same way it now works for the damage done per castle and AP.

your other comments after that statement give me the impression this is a grouping bug. and nothing to do with kills nor damage.

Even so, with amount of cyrodiil bugs that made it passed this patch, I wonder how. It's like players don't test this stuff. The random load screens, group icons disappearing and others. It makes me wonder... so many different grouping bugs
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Tekillya
    Tekillya
    ✭✭
    It seams like the larger you group the longer this takes. Took 5 minis solo and 1 hour with a 16 man group.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be bugged, if multiple people in group have the quest. We had a group with this quest and updates were really slow, so we ungrouped but stayed together, and everyone got updates for everyone they hit.
  • Ferrofluid
    Ferrofluid
    ✭✭✭
    Having tested this in a group last night. It is NOT based on:
    Getting the first hit
    Getting the last hit
    Doing the most damage
    Someone in your group getting the last hit
    If you have a “kill 20 [class]” quest for the player you just killed.
    a.k.a. Aps
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its most damage and unique players killed
  • hregrin
    hregrin
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can you confirm if this is the intended behavior of the quest and if so what are the prerequisites to be credited for the kill? Many friends encountered the same problem on PC/EU.
  • Ferrofluid
    Ferrofluid
    ✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Its most damage and unique players killed

It’s not that either, since I killed 1 person 3 times and got credit twice.
    a.k.a. Aps
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi just to confirm this is happening to me on PC EU Vivec, ive had killing blows and its not registering, and yes they are different people.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kills count randomly for persons in your group. You need to do the quest solo at the moment :s
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Grabber wrote: »

This is false. I have gotten the killing blow and NOT gotten the credit and I have NOT gotten the killing blow and got credit. The same with damage done. In fact the time I did get credit I hardly did any damage to the guy, yes they were all different characters.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping they fix this for Midyear Mayhem.

The problem is that with groups, kills are not credit appropriately.

If ungrouped, you get credit for players you hit, even if you don't kill them.

In a group, you often do not get credit at all, whether you hit or kill the enemy player.

In practice, the quickest way to get this quest finished is to zerg surf as a solo player and use scattershot or other siege on a choke point.
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    i must say, if this is intended that you be solo for this quest to work, then my hat is off to the man whom designed this, because this is the Very Best Zerg stoper made in eso to Date!
    i like it, and i hope we see more designs like this in the future. (if my theory is correct)

cyrodiil is to be grouped for at least the most success. Cyrodiil was designed for groups in mind.

that is your belief, and it is possible that you may be right in that belief. but, it is also possible that belief is simply not true.
    eso is advertised as both a solo and group oriented gameplay, and that includes cryodiil.

IF, that particular quest was designed to break up zergs, then it is a Brilliant and aplaudworthy design that should be noted and rewarded as such.

He's not right. I been group pvping and solo pving since beta and solo is better. I get more AP spend less time running around after silly objectives and now I have even more reason to solo with this quest bug.

To reiterate you have to be solo to reliably get the kill counted.
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

In a group, you often do not get credit at all, whether you hit or kill the enemy player.

In practice, the quickest way to get this quest finished is to zerg surf as a solo player and use scattershot or other siege on a choke point.

I PvP, but not often enough that I'm constantly cylcing through the different missions and I spend about 50/50 grouped/solo. I recall during the summer when I was PvPing more I would often not get credit for "any enemy kills" while getting the credit for (Specific class) kill. This past week I didn't notice any issues getting credit for kills on concurrent quests "Kill any 40" and "Kill 20 (Specific class)" the last 2-3 times I had these quests, but I don't remember if I was solo during all of them or not.

Hopefully it's fixed and not just my faulty memory not noticing that this is still bugged.
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭

I PvP, but not often enough that I'm constantly cylcing through the different missions and I spend about 50/50 grouped/solo. I recall during the summer when I was PvPing more I would often not get credit for "any enemy kills" while getting the credit for (Specific class) kill. This past week I didn't notice any issues getting credit for kills on concurrent quests "Kill any 40" and "Kill 20 (Specific class)" the last 2-3 times I had these quests, but I don't remember if I was solo during all of them or not.

Hopefully it's fixed and not just my faulty memory not noticing that this is still bugged.

It's not fixed I just tested it today.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    had some issues with this over the weekend. randomly in a large group and a 2-man I would stop getting credit for kills. this bug is alive and well.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an old thread, but the question remains. Has anyone ever figured this out, or has ZOS explained this anywhere since?
    This quest is killin me, two days of zergning in Cyro and I got like 10 kills.
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    Octopuss wrote: »
    This is an old thread, but the question remains. Has anyone ever figured this out, or has ZOS explained this anywhere since?
    This quest is killin me, two days of zergning in Cyro and I got like 10 kills.

If you have the kill 40 quest and you are in a group, you may want to drop the group or the quest. The only time I can get this quest done is in the morning when I'm solo or only grouped with one other person. Otherwise I drop the quest and forget about it. Lol for over a year now, which is kind of sad..
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are really not enough players in given instances of Cyrodiil to actually justify the existence of a "kill 40 players" - or "kill 20 of a given race/class" - UNLESS kills are fully shared within a group (i.e. ONE player makes the kill, ALL get the credit).

Also, defensive, buffing and healing-type players are severely disadvantaged simply because their DPS is so much lower so they can't actually kill anywhere near as fast, yet they deserve credit often for having kept their faster-DPS players alive.