The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we make 2 handlers viable for pve dps this chapter??

• Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    It's already viable. Just not optimal. Unless you are pushing scores two-hander is fine to bring for any content.

And to counter some ideas from this thread
    Single target spammable: has nothing to do with making two-hander better in PvE. Dual-wield does not use its spammable since forever.
    And to the guy who proposed to make Carve as strong as Hail and said Heroism is easy to come by (lolwut?): terrible idea. Bleeds ignore resistances and should never be that strong.

Is it hard to come by? And is that a PvP concern? Because if so, it's not like ZoS can just take the smart route out and make the skill perform differently in PvP or anything >_>
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    2H Light and Heavies need to be readjusted for their respective cast time.

Follow Up needs to have an additional effect.

Un-nerf Forceful.

Heavy Weapons needs to be completely redesigned, Maul is the only noncraptastic weapon, and we know how popular DW maces are.

Wrecking Blow is really good, but falls short due to lost light attacks. This can somewhat be mitigated by buffing LA's base damage.

Oh look, a tldr of what I posted lol

EDIT*
    You know, looking at my suggestion post, you can pretty much ignore all the skill changes as long as the passives are changed/updated.

Do those, and 2H is gonna be *** g r e a t, and DW will still be sexy.
    Edited by Khivas_Carrick on January 8, 2019 5:41PM
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's already viable. Just not optimal. Unless you are pushing scores two-hander is fine to bring for any content.

Single target spammable: has nothing to do with making two-hander better in PvE. Dual-wield does not use its spammable since forever.
    And to the guy who proposed to make Carve as strong as Hail and said Heroism is easy to come by (lolwut?): terrible idea. Bleeds ignore resistances and should never be that strong.

Is it hard to come by? And is that a PvP concern? Because if so, it's not like ZoS can just take the smart route out and make the skill perform differently in PvP or anything >_>

There are exactly two skills that provide Minor Heroism: Carve and Heroic Slash. Also there are three sets that no respectable DD should be wearing. Even if we extrapolate to Major Heroism which is available through Warden-specific defensive skill, a pretty obscure CP passive and even more obscure set. Yes. Heroism is hard to come by.

And the moment you start asking for a PvE specific change is the moment your idea looses all ground to stand upon. ZOS does not balance PvE and PvP separately and any kind of idea should be viewed from all sides. Ideas have to work in the framework of the game. Not require some special treatment.

Although even then, bleeds are a very strong type of damage that does not need any buffs. Especially AoE bleeds. Regardless if we are talking about PvE or PvP.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are exactly two skills that provide Minor Heroism: Carve and Heroic Slash. Also there are three sets that no respectable DD should be wearing. Even if we extrapolate to Major Heroism which is available through Warden-specific defensive skill, a pretty obscure CP passive and even more obscure set. Yes. Heroism is hard to come by.

And the moment you start asking for a PvE specific change is the moment your idea looses all ground to stand upon. ZOS does not balance PvE and PvP separately and any kind of idea should be viewed from all sides. Ideas have to work in the framework of the game. Not require some special treatment.

Although even then, bleeds are a very strong type of damage that does not need any buffs. Especially AoE bleeds. Regardless if we are talking about PvE or PvP.

I see, thank you for that.

Drop the Carve changes then, but I'm still for moving the passives around so the bleed chance on axes works for all 2Hs, and Axes get crit chance, among the other passive changes I suggested.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez, hard as hell to find these threads in general section.

So many damn people posting here lol