Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Midyear Mayhem event a stress test or joke?

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running two pve chars through Cyrodiil up to Alliance level 6 and to get event tix. Both in the Malacath campaign on PC NA and both experiencing smooth performance. The double AP boost really helps speed the Alliance skills along. One daily scouting mission takes a bit of time but is fun and safe.

Started the event with 12/12 tix and bought the first berry leaving me at 2/12. That means 5 scouting missions during the whole event to get back to 12/12 and I've already done 2. If things get too crowded over the weekend, still have plenty of latitude.

I'm sorry that many folks are disappointed and experiencing problems but I'm rather enjoying the event.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • McSaban
    McSaban
    ✭✭
    Running two pve chars through Cyrodiil up to Alliance level 6 and to get event tix. Both in the Malacath campaign on PC NA and both experiencing smooth performance. The double AP boost really helps speed the Alliance skills along. One daily scouting mission takes a bit of time but is fun and safe.

Started the event with 12/12 tix and bought the first berry leaving me at 2/12. That means 5 scouting missions during the whole event to get back to 12/12 and I've already done 2. If things get too crowded over the weekend, still have plenty of latitude.

I'm sorry that many folks are disappointed and experiencing problems but I'm rather enjoying the event.

That's nice to hear! Too bad a lot of players inculding myself can't really enjoy the event or the game at all during the whole duration of the event...
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    McSaban wrote: »
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Play BGs

We shouldnt be forced though to play a certain game mode or even change campaigns cause the game cant handle all the traffic, would be better for them to fix the server problem or just not launch the event if its going to be like this.

Forced me to play pve undaunted event which I didn't want to do but had to.
  • sp0ck
    sp0ck
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't had any issues :S. Maybe the issues are on console? I'm on PC
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only person doing the event for the double ap?

I understand people want to evolve their indrik but the event is about celebrating pvp (as awful as it can be at times)

There WILL be future events and I promise they will be far less exciting than midyear.

But hey at least there will be berries.
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    sp0ck wrote: »
    I haven't had any issues :S. Maybe the issues are on console? I'm on PC

I bet console players are having issues too, but PC players definitely didn't get away without issues either.
    PC EU here and still had issues with lag during the event.
  • McSaban
    McSaban
    ✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »

I understand people want to evolve their indrik but the event is about celebrating pvp (as awful as it can be at times)

There WILL be future events and I promise they will be far less exciting than midyear.

Not playing for the indrik, just want to be able to go into Cyro without any problems , since I only pvp, not being able to means no playing the game at all. I couldn't care less about the mount. :/
  • McSaban
    McSaban
    ✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »

And Im sure there is plenty of other people who just want to be able to play and not go only for the mount.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was very surprised about the performance on vivec today. No stuttering, freezing, lag spikes, during the couple of hours playing. Only problem encountered were my skills locking up and being unable to weapon swap.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to play in my home campaign where things count, but the queues are way too long.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    I would like to be able to play in my home campaign where things count, but the queues are way too long.

412 queue on PC/NA Vivec :D .... That's over 2 hour wait!
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    Tholian1 wrote: »

412 queue on PC/NA Vivec :D .... That's over 2 hour wait!

I started at 438 on PS4/NA Vivec and over an hour later am at 333.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My only issue has been long queues tonight...

Once I got into Cyro I had no issues whatsoever, PC-EU, campaign Sotha Sil, took 2 hrs in the queue to get there though!! :o

Didn't even need to disable MM :)
    Edited by freespirit on January 12, 2019 3:48AM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who says jokes can't be stressful?
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to log in earlier than normal today, Vivec queue was almost 200 so I went to Boethiah while I waited. Been in Vivec for a while now. Error 307, booted out of game, booted out of Cyro. Got logged back in, Vivec queue almost 400 now but was able to get into Boethiah only to error 307 all over again. Get logged back in, kicked out of Cyro yet again. Luckily, my queue for Vivec is down to 360, and just a short queue for Boethiah - 3. But still. Come on lol. If the game error's you out, I wish you got some kind of priority to get back into the campaign you play on almost every day of the year lol.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number 754 in queue for Vivec. All the other servers are pop locked as we speak. Xbox NA. It's craziness.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh where are the "Game is dying" "nobody about" people when you need them??? >:)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Number 754 in queue for Vivec. All the other servers are pop locked as we speak. Xbox NA. It's craziness.

754.....damn.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must be new here. 😜
  • Aurayna
    Aurayna
    ✭✭✭
    I am doing Shor and got kicked today but just the once. I do find it a bit glitchy though

The trouble I am having is being able to complete quests, none are showing on the boards for me to pick up
    and the two I am ready to deliver to are now part of a different faction. 3 times I sneaked to the quest giver
    and although I clicked complete quest I must have got hit at the same time because it is still outstanding
    and then, of course, I got killed ...lol So no tickets today for me - very frustrating!

There isn't a lot of places to pick up quests on the maps not controlled by one faction or another
    It would be good to have some free from any factions

PC - EU
  • McSaban
    McSaban
    ✭✭
    mikemacon wrote: »
    You must be new here. 😜

3k+ hours, although I play Shor mostly cause Vivec is a mess even when the event is not here,so Im mostly unaffected by the lag and other stuff for most of the year, but this event just made it completely unplayable. :/
    Edited by McSaban on January 12, 2019 8:55PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Just give us tickets from bg already. Cyro is just a lag fest.
    Pretty sure you can get tickets from the BG questgiver in Vvardenfell.

The quest is like play 5 bg. How about get ticket by just play 1?

The quest is win 3 BG's.

Play 5, win 3, and get a certain medal/score are all possibilities iirc.
  • Flamingfunk
    Flamingfunk
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious, those of you with no lag on abilities and bar swapping, are you mainly questing or actively engaging in pvp? I mean, are you on the front line trying to stop a full group or two?
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than the long queues...no issues in Vivec whatsoever...much improved from the event last year...where it was a d/c fest...XBNA...running XB1X on SSD with Giga internet...(was running same last year as well)
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, those of you with no lag on abilities and bar swapping, are you mainly questing or actively engaging in pvp? I mean, are you on the front line trying to stop a full group or two?

I'm also curious that those people who claim they have no lag or other issues, do they play at server prime time?
    I tried to do some duo today with my friend at temporary 7 day campaign during afternoon prime time at EU server, but it turned out to be a bad idea:
    Lag was there since beginning, no matter was I near fight or not. My ping was jumping from 100 up to + 500 all the time.
    Also one strange issue which happened was during time when I tried to mount with friend to another location, looking for better fights. No enemies were near as far as I noticed, but suddenly my character decides to jump off from mount.
    I tried to summon my mount again, but when I pressed H, nothing happened. Then I realized rest of my skills do not activate either and I couldn't swap bars. The only thing I could do was just running forwards and typing in group chat.
    That did continue several minutes in row till at point I was considering to reload ui or logout, I noticed I can finally bar swap and skills started to work again. I guess I'll just avoid Cyrodiil during rest of the weekend.
    Edited by Fiktius on January 12, 2019 9:26PM
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3rd day in and I'm pretty happy about server performance overall. It is much better than I expected.

PS4 NA Vivec ran really well Friday evening and Saturday morning. I had a couple bluescreens, but those occurred during large fights when the PS4 chipset seems to get overwhelmed.

Played Malacath(pop bar at 2/3) on Friday while waiting for Vivec queue (447), but I experienced a number of problems with barswap, skills not firing, and general running-in-molasses lag while playing solo and avoiding large fights. I'm not going back.

Shor on Thursday (queue 185) was its usual self: mostly stable with episodes of intermittent lag and disconnects unrelated to fights.

I'd say performance so far is superior to MM '17 and '18
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    both?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McSaban wrote: »
    As the title says, I'm just wondering what is the reason behind the event?

The reason behind the event is to get more event tickets.

Zos is aware of the extremely poor performance to expect, even with the added campaigns. Considering the dearth of information from Zos on the performance of Cyrodiil we can only assume that they really do not care. That seems to be an official silence from management.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, how do you prove it's a stress test?

Your claim is that it's a stress test, but what evidence can you provide that supports your claim?
  • McSaban
    McSaban
    ✭✭
    Lathrop3 wrote: »
    So, how do you prove it's a stress test?

Your claim is that it's a stress test, but what evidence can you provide that supports your claim?

I claimed nothing, Im asking. Cause if they launch an event, it should be playable and enjoyable, due to all the issues I had during the event, it made me wonder if it is there more to it rather then just zos not caring about the pvp aspect of the game.
    Edited by McSaban on January 12, 2019 11:22PM