Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Summerset upgrade?

ELawlis
ELawlis
✭✭✭
Greetings! First time post. I just picked ESO up again this week and couldn't find this answer right away so figured I'd ask here. Microsoft store has the digital upgrade for Summerset for $26.99 while Amazon has the disk (no digital upgrade available) for $25.95. Will the disk upgrade my account or do I have to use digital upgrade? Hopefully not too stupid of a question.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a stupid question at all. I could be wrong here because my memory fails me a lot. So take this with a bit of salt.

I bought the collector's edition. I believe you just use a code no matter what, so the disc will be basically worthless. I don't recall taking out the disc for Morrowind or Summerset. I would get the Microsoft version for the buck more because if you ever loose your code, you are fubarred. So not worth saving the dollar.

I believe any game for ESO on disc is worthless because of all the updates you get, you will be updating the latest version not what is on the disc so the disc is actually pointless now.

Hope this helps. Remember, I could be wrong, but always safer to get a digital version so you don't have to worry about loosing the disc if it's ever needed and no need to worry about loosing codes or codes that will not work. Go the safest way. Also you don't have to wait and can start right away with downloading.

Edited by Davor on January 12, 2019 7:12PM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • ELawlis
    ELawlis
    ✭✭✭
    Davor,

Makes a ton of sense. Pending the announcement today I'll probably take your advice. Thanks again!
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember that Summerset may be considered a "DLC" and not a "chapter" so you if you have ESO+ you may not even have to buy it if you can wait till June.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"