Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp performance problems, and everyone knows it.

• valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boethiah performance is normal; laggy around keeps, random load screens riding through a field and a few blue screens. I haven't tried to go in Vivec yet, performance is not great on a normal day, I can only imagine what it's like now.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    Boethiah performance is normal; laggy around keeps, random load screens riding through a field and a few blue screens. I haven't tried to go in Vivec yet, performance is not great on a normal day, I can only imagine what it's like now.

Lol normal lag around keeps so if you actually want to play cyro instead of trying to kill people in the mile of horse simulator you gonna lag
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA
    I'm sure there are more @ zos buy w/e.

Ok seriously. What's the deal? Like really. There is a stream of threads and no answers. Pvp players are leaving in droves. Performance is horrible. Yadayadayada you have heard it all because there is like 10 post a day about performance

PvP players are getting very frustrated and it's becoming a bit absurd. You really, really, really need to fix this or there will be no more pvp.

And before anyone says "well why don't you just run bgs?"

Well that's apples and oranges comparing cyro to bgs

Just give up something, some kind of acknowledgement, something. If you don't pvp will die, that's a fact. I say this because it's a shame, you advertised cyro hard before the game was even out. Cyrodiil was major selling point for many players and I spent an ungodly amount of time there. But now I just cant even play, lag will always push playes away. I can't play and enjoy a game when I die to some stupid stuff because I couldn't barswap and heal or shield. I can't enjoy and play when I can't even attempt to defend a keep in prime.

Lag will end cyro pvp and it is close to the point of no return already

they could tell you : that is how ESO is, if you're not happy stop playing.

but they won't...
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killmove wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA
    I'm sure there are more @ zos buy w/e.

Ok seriously. What's the deal? Like really. There is a stream of threads and no answers. Pvp players are leaving in droves. Performance is horrible. Yadayadayada you have heard it all because there is like 10 post a day about performance

PvP players are getting very frustrated and it's becoming a bit absurd. You really, really, really need to fix this or there will be no more pvp.

And before anyone says "well why don't you just run bgs?"

Well that's apples and oranges comparing cyro to bgs

Just give up something, some kind of acknowledgement, something. If you don't pvp will die, that's a fact. I say this because it's a shame, you advertised cyro hard before the game was even out. Cyrodiil was major selling point for many players and I spent an ungodly amount of time there. But now I just cant even play, lag will always push playes away. I can't play and enjoy a game when I die to some stupid stuff because I couldn't barswap and heal or shield. I can't enjoy and play when I can't even attempt to defend a keep in prime.

Lag will end cyro pvp and it is close to the point of no return already

they could tell you : that is how ESO is, if you're not happy stop playing.

but they won't...

That's all I want though is just some kinda answer. "We know and we trying to fix it" or "we are unable to do anything at this time" idc I just hate silence. And tbh I really have stopped playing for the most part. I used to play for hours every day after work, I subbed for 3 years. Now it's just maybe an hour or two once a week. I unsubbed. It's just eso has my friends and I have dedicated alot of time to it so it's hard to me to hard drop it. But I'm not far from that.
    Edited by Datthaw on January 12, 2019 1:00PM
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's all I want though is just some kinda answer. "We know and we trying to fix it" or "we are unable to do anything at this time" idc I just hate silence.

In fact, ZOS have said this many times, but players hear what they want to hear.

I can not prove that this is true, but it makes no sense to believe that ZOS does not change anything on purpose, because they do not want.
    Everything is viable
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ladislao wrote: »
    That's all I want though is just some kinda answer. "We know and we trying to fix it" or "we are unable to do anything at this time" idc I just hate silence.

In fact, ZOS have said this many times, but players hear what they want to hear.

I can not prove that this is true, but it makes no sense to believe that ZOS does not change anything on purpose, because they do not want.

Most of that has been about specific issues though, I don't believe they have ever addressed the lag (I could he wrong)
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iaminc wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please for the love of god can you guys address the awful lag , freezes and latency in Cyrodiil, I have been in vivec on pseu for three days and it’s awful , almost unplayable.

We ran a 9 ppl group against a blue Zerg and you could barley move due the the FPS dropping to the speed of a potato, PvP players are leaving in droves on console and you want to have a PvP event shortly?

The upcoming event will make it worse than ever , seriously why does this not get spoken about , replied to or even acknowledged by somebody from Zos.

PvP is important to the game and it’s communuty , please stop ignoring it’s issues guys.

Many thanks

They have... vital components like healing have to be changed so it works differently that hugely affect PVE balance which is the main monetary eminent of the game...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    iaminc wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please for the love of god can you guys address the awful lag , freezes and latency in Cyrodiil, I have been in vivec on pseu for three days and it’s awful , almost unplayable.

We ran a 9 ppl group against a blue Zerg and you could barley move due the the FPS dropping to the speed of a potato, PvP players are leaving in droves on console and you want to have a PvP event shortly?

The upcoming event will make it worse than ever , seriously why does this not get spoken about , replied to or even acknowledged by somebody from Zos.

PvP is important to the game and it’s communuty , please stop ignoring it’s issues guys.

Many thanks

They have... vital components like healing have to be changed so it works differently that hugely affect PVE balance which is the main monetary eminent of the game...

No pve is not the main, it's the main is lemmings with the crown store. Gotta hand it to zos they know how to make money, but it leads to a *** game.
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    I generally only play PvE and only come into Cyrodiil for the Mid Year Madness which is where I am today.
    As I ended up in the north of the map I decided to also do some delves. The load screen lag was very bad on entering the first two delves. I'm on my third as it write and I've now been looking at picture of a polar bear for over 12 minutes.
    I often think PvE zones loads are a bit long but this is on another level.
    Edited by JR_Returns on January 12, 2019 4:14PM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JR_Returns wrote: »
    I generally only play PvE and only come into Cyrodiil for the Mid Year Madness which is where I am today.
    As I ended up in the north of the map I decided to also do some delves. The load screen lag was very bad on entering the first two delves. I'm on my third as it write and I've now been looking at picture of a polar bear for over 12 minutes.
    I often think PvE zones loads are a bit long but this is on another level.

Go try and defend a keep, that's when the real fun starts
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK. I see the threads, I feel your pain. So, I go to Cyrodil to experience this myself. I have never seen these issues after turning off all Addons except Minimap. With the Midyear Mayhem event in full blast I have managed to level six of my characters in Assault and Support having a lot of fun doing so. (Just to level 6)

Hey, I suck really bad at PVP so maybe I don't get in the middle of the fray and see what you PVP hard core players experience. I usually join a Zerg and go from Resource to Resource and Keep to Keep setting up Seige machines and having fun. I will say I have experienced FPS drops down to 5 FPS or so in big battles but that was due to a bunch of Addons trying to calculate every thing happening with 40 Players around me. I turned off every Addon except my minimap and it's smooth as can be.

This is on NA PC on a pretty hefty computer so your mileage may vary. For Console players I have watched many Streams where the fighting goes to slow motion but I am pretty certain that those Consoles don't have the computing power to do all that is required in battles with a large amount of Players. As for the disconnects and loading screens that is another issue and I see it occurring on Streams here and there but have not experienced it myself in Cyrodil.

Midyear Mayhem is me donating AP to the many friendly players killing me. LOL. Oh and just to add that so far I am shocked to not have seen a single nasty comment posted in Chat. Maybe this is because I have been mostly on No CP below level 50 campaign? One more point, I never play on any CP Campaign so this may also be something that helps with not experiencing issues like many of you have posted. I also want to thank all of you that have been in Cyrodil for helping me level and not bashing all of us PVE players. Good show mates!
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I’ve never experience lag in BGs. That’s a Cyrodiil issue.

No, it happens in BGs too. Lag, bugs, and frame rate drops. The other day, every time I respawned in this one match, my screen would stutter for a few seconds (similar to the wayshrine stuttering issue, which is still not fixed). The health desync lag bug happens every single match when there are Snipe spammers involved. Today I experienced a new one: could not use any skills until I died. Weapon swapping worked, but no skills would fire.

The game’s a mess, esp. on console. Unfortunately, it’s the only MMO worth playing on console. :/

That seems like a console issue

The Abilities not firing has been caused by what many of us call the "Sprint bug". Basically the game thinks you are still sprinting so the Bars are turned off. I have had it happen in the game in every scenario. The longest I have seen this happen is about four minutes. I have a video of it happening while I was at a Dolmen in The Rift. My Bear was able to attack for me so I got credit for the Dolmen. The Sprint bug is really bad and should be given top priority.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK. I see the threads, I feel your pain. So, I go to Cyrodil to experience this myself. I have never seen these issues after turning off all Addons except Minimap. With the Midyear Mayhem event in full blast I have managed to level six of my characters in Assault and Support having a lot of fun doing so. (Just to level 6)

Hey, I suck really bad at PVP so maybe I don't get in the middle of the fray and see what you PVP hard core players experience. I usually join a Zerg and go from Resource to Resource and Keep to Keep setting up Seige machines and having fun. I will say I have experienced FPS drops down to 5 FPS or so in big battles but that was due to a bunch of Addons trying to calculate every thing happening with 40 Players around me. I turned off every Addon except my minimap and it's smooth as can be.

This is on NA PC on a pretty hefty computer so your mileage may vary. For Console players I have watched many Streams where the fighting goes to slow motion but I am pretty certain that those Consoles don't have the computing power to do all that is required in battles with a large amount of Players. As for the disconnects and loading screens that is another issue and I see it occurring on Streams here and there but have not experienced it myself in Cyrodil.

Midyear Mayhem is me donating AP to the many friendly players killing me. LOL. Oh and just to add that so far I am shocked to not have seen a single nasty comment posted in Chat. Maybe this is because I have been mostly on No CP below level 50 campaign? One more point, I never play on any CP Campaign so this may also be something that helps with not experiencing issues like many of you have posted. I also want to thank all of you that have been in Cyrodil for helping me level and not bashing all of us PVE players. Good show mates!

No cp pvp does seem to have less lag problem
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But
    NO cp does still lag
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They just ignored the problems :)
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime time lag fest
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just lost a match to a bunch of AOE spammers all because battlegrounds started lagging like crazy and my character wouldn't swap bars or do the actions until a second or two later. I'm feeling a tad bit salty about that. Battlegrounds should not have lag.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol datthaw commenting every other post is cracking me up
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol datthaw commenting every other post is cracking me up

What cracked me up was the shor lag that started around 8 pm.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to dip my toe back into Cyrodiil waters for the event and figured I'd go to Boethiah, thinking it'd be lag-free since it wasn't pop-locked. Pfft, boy was I wrong. It wasn't nearly as bad as primetime Vivec, but I still had to mash buttons 2 or 3 times to get a skill to fire. I think I'm finally done with this game after 4-1/2 years, at least until I see in the forums that ZOS has improved server performance. Good luck, all.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I decided to dip my toe back into Cyrodiil waters for the event and figured I'd go to Boethiah, thinking it'd be lag-free since it wasn't pop-locked. Pfft, boy was I wrong. It wasn't nearly as bad as primetime Vivec, but I still had to mash buttons 2 or 3 times to get a skill to fire. I think I'm finally done with this game after 4-1/2 years, at least until I see in the forums that ZOS has improved server performance. Good luck, all.

Might as well call it mid morning mayhem. Because mid morning on a weekday probably rhe only time you don't get lag
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos's 2019 cyro lagapolluza!

Featuring artists such as

-Infinite load screens
    -The dropped connections
    -Barswap baby barswap
    -The desyncs

And many more!
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the players, that's what theyre doing by having such awful performance
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    Just returned from Cyrodiil. PC EU. Kyne campain. No performance issues for me. Not a single one.

It's the morning on a school/ work day. And it's kyne.... get serious.
    Some people like me are still on a month long vacation from college.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the players, that's what theyre doing by having such awful performance
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    Just returned from Cyrodiil. PC EU. Kyne campain. No performance issues for me. Not a single one.

It's the morning on a school/ work day. And it's kyne.... get serious.
    Some people like me are still on a month long vacation from college.

Still though it's kyne man. Not everyone is rerollers let's get real here. Pvp is vet pvp, kyne is like a separate entity at this point because new players don't even play there
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad thing is, the rising talk about the performance issue will decrease after the PTS release coming soon. Buisness model of survival.
    Edited by amir412 on January 13, 2019 2:22PM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah and loading screens during fights etc
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mid year mayhem for the servers
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The load screens is my favorite band at zosapolluza
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I played a few BGs (during the january mid year mayhem :smile: ) and it was almost unplayable because of lag. Bar switching did not register, everything was choppy, and it was not related to my hardware which ran bgs very well in the past. BTW I disabled most addons as well prior to entering the bg.

Many people, including me are paying a sub. Why don't you fix your game? It is not like ESO is the only game in the world that has pvp, this is not uncharted territory, other games have fixed issues like this or have never had. Why is this going on? Why, regarding Cyrodiil, you have only one campaign like Vivec during this event which makes more people pvp to get the berries?
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, it's been five days since a Dev has even addressed anything in the forums (except forum mods to tell us to be civil, of course). And your thread is still unaddressed after a week and a half.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren