The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maelstrom / Master / Asylum Weapon Adjustments

Rukzadlithau
Rukzadlithau
✭✭✭✭
With the introduction of Blackrose weapons, previous Arena and Trial weapons should be brought in line and also have their „1 piece“ bonuses for perfected versions. These weapons should now also be aquirable as non perf. version, where as previously and exclusively veteran aquired weapons should automatically be transformed into perfected weapons. I feel like these weapons simply need to bring more to the table since the „2 handed 2 pieces“ changes, especially for the effort of aquiring perfected versions.
Edited by Rukzadlithau on September 20, 2018 3:10PM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been making and maintaining threads on this issue since the Summerset PTS cycle all the way back in May. I provided detailed comparisons and reasoning as to why they need a 1pc bonus back, and the threads got quite a lot of support, and even a class rep acknowledgement in the 2nd one:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/411801/arena-weapons-desperately-need-a-1pc-stat-bonus-a-detailed-explanation/p1

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/433525/zos-please-do-not-neglect-the-older-arena-weapons-in-murkmire-vma-vdsa-etc/p1

Unfortunately, ZOS has not commented on the issue even once, and seems to have intentionally neglected previous Arena weapons in the Murkmire PTS notes.

I've come to the conclusion that they have a very poor understanding of balance issues, and don't seem interested in keeping old content relevant.
    Edited by TheYKcid on September 20, 2018 8:01PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they have a perfect notion of how balance of these weapons work.

Simply...they understand even better how does the balance of their bank accounts work.

:trollface:
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a reason for why I will not be participating in the new arena.
    I worked hard for my gear and had the bonuses removed.
    I'm not doing it again for ZoS to only remove them from me again.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »

That's the main issue. They removed the bonuses and then added them to the new arena. Watch them not add the bonuses back to the old weapons until two patches after murkmire and then not add the bonuses back to the old weapons. Enough time for people to feel like they have to farm the new weapons and then have to farm the old weapons after they are burnt out of the new content.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buzo wrote: »
    With the introduction of Blackrose weapons, previous Arena and Trial weapons should be brought in line and also have their „1 piece“ bonuses for perfected versions. These weapons should now also be aquirable as non perf. version, where as previously and exclusively veteran aquired weapons should automatically be transformed into perfected weapons. I feel like these weapons simply need to bring more to the table since the „2 handed 2 pieces“ changes, especially for the effort of aquiring perfected versions.

And you think ZOS care?
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

TBois wrote: »

That's the main issue. They removed the bonuses and then added them to the new arena. Watch them not add the bonuses back to the old weapons until two patches after murkmire and then not add the bonuses back to the old weapons. Enough time for people to feel like they have to farm the new weapons and then have to farm the old weapons after they are burnt out of the new content.

If they do revisit it is likely they will introduce a "Hard Mode" of VMA and DSA that needs to be achieved in order to get the perfect weapons.

They could add sigils to VDSA and make the HM of VMA be performing without sigils (like Blackrose) I guess...
    Playing since beta...
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    TBois wrote: »

If they do revisit it is likely they will introduce a "Hard Mode" of VMA and DSA that needs to be achieved in order to get the perfect weapons.

They could add sigils to VDSA and make the HM of VMA be performing without sigils (like Blackrose) I guess...

There is no need for HM as VMA and VDSA weapon drops in Veteran difficulty only, VMA Staff and Bow are only widely used weapons on back bar (1 pc really won"t matter much)
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

Can this please get your attention, and be considered. It would only hone the effort that goes into aquiring these weapons and reinforce their viability.
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This, and releasing more 5-piece sets with unique 3-piece bonuses (to allow you to run special weapons on front without gimping yourself by losing a 5-piece set), are two things I'd love to see.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never give normal version 1pc bonus, this is freaking easy, take a look at nas, skill required? No

Zos u should remove nBRP 1pc bonus or buff master and vma 1pc bonus.

Risk vs reward, simple rule,isnt?
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Considering how terrible the BRP weapons currently are, even with the perfected bonuses, IDK how to feel about the old weapons getting back their old buffs.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on September 27, 2018 2:32PM
    Argonian forever
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to overhaul all the old weapons. Masters resto, sword and shield, maelstorm 2hs, sword and shield, and dual wield all need changes to become useful in any aspect. They should also all get their stat bonuses back considering the murkmire set having stat bonuses.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    They need to overhaul all the old weapons. Masters resto, sword and shield, maelstorm 2hs, sword and shield, and dual wield all need changes to become useful in any aspect. They should also all get their stat bonuses back considering the murkmire set having stat bonuses.

@Liam12548
    Totally agree, especially because some are plagued by bugs such as the vMA 2H‘s

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/436819/maelstrom-2h-merciless-charge-set-dot-ticks-being-dodgeable#latest

But I think ZOS shifts the resources it has for this patch into other subjects first. So this commonly proposed buff is the most likely to happen in a reality where chances for anything to happen are slim already. I just think it‘s terrific how unappealing some of the weapons are (ontop of being bugged). Leaving these weapons untouched after Summerset was „meh“ already. Leaving them untouched for Murkmire and displaying what such unique sets should offer by „Perfected Blackrose“ will leave a very foul aftertaste.

I hope ZOS doesn‘t miss this chance.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

• Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give us the friggin 1 piece set bonus back already you turds
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

Tell us how you really feel
    EU | PC | AD
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    I've been making and maintaining threads on this issue since the Summerset PTS cycle all the way back in May. I provided detailed comparisons and reasoning as to why they need a 1pc bonus back, and the threads got quite a lot of support, and even a class rep acknowledgement in the 2nd one:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/411801/arena-weapons-desperately-need-a-1pc-stat-bonus-a-detailed-explanation/p1

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/433525/zos-please-do-not-neglect-the-older-arena-weapons-in-murkmire-vma-vdsa-etc/p1

Unfortunately, ZOS has not commented on the issue even once, and seems to have intentionally neglected previous Arena weapons in the Murkmire PTS notes.

I've come to the conclusion that they have a very poor understanding of balance issues, and don't seem interested in keeping old content relevant.

No. They just want to sell the dlc. That's why the perfected blackrose weapons have a 1pc and 2pc, while all other arena weapons only have the 2pc unique bonus. Maybe they know 90% of blackrose weapons suck, so the 1pc bonus is there to make them more competitive
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump

I want to keep this topic relevant because with 4.2.2 some suggestions from other threads have been realized. This is the only chance to bring it to attention.
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    Buzo wrote: »

good idea, but that doesn't sell subs and dlc. probably won't happen.
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump for justice
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    "@Masel We aren't against the idea but don't currently have plans for it. It would require additional dungeon work."

Dev quote on the 1 piece arena weapon idea. This doesn't mean that we should stop pushing it, only that we need more players to push it!

• Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »
    ^
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it be a good idea to make a poll, and keep it bumped to page 1? I assume it would have the potential to show how many people want this type of change.

Edit: I made a poll. Go vote!
    Edited by RaptorRodeoGod on January 12, 2019 4:52AM
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.