The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will there be any focus on Ta'agra and lore surrounding the language?

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
It's something I've been wanting for years. My Khajiit heart is empty without it.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. I want kitty language.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope so.

I was just saying in another topic that languages is one area where TES lore is surprisingly absent. We know numerous languages exist in Tamriel, including ta'agra (spoken by khajiit), jel (spoken by argonians), at least 3 or 4 elven languages including some ancient ones which aren't spoken any more and at least a few human languages. Plus languages spoken by various other races which may or may not be related to those.

But for most of them we only have a short list of known words. I'm not expecting a fully functional language but it would be nice to have a wider range of words at least.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interestingly, besides the Dragon Language, I think Ta'agra is the other language we know more about than any other, mostly because of TESA: Redguard, even a little bit about the grammar, too.

It's still not much, relatively speaking, but I too hope we'll learn more about it from the chapter. Maybe they'll incorporate some of the fan-made continuation of Ta'agra that the Beyond Skyrim modding team has been working on for years.

They based all of it off of the little bits of canon Ta'agra and worked from there.I use their site myself sometimes when writing Khajiit/Elsweyr fanfiction, or sometimes as names for Khajiit characters. It's pretty cool.

http://taagra.com
    Edited by Robo_Hobo on January 11, 2019 2:31PM
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of nerd has a whole dictionary of Khajiit language?

JK I love the khajiit! I would be all for this being somewhere introduced in the new Chapter, even if it is slightly introduced. Thanks for sharing!
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Elwendryll
      Elwendryll
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I studied the subject in 2015. We created a khajiit only guild with a friend. So I spent several hours on the ta'agra project, I read all the pages, and extensively used the dictionary to find the name, and the guild ranks.

At the time, we were already thrilled about the release of Elsweyr, and waiting for all the khajiiti lore. This friend is long gone, she will probably not experience it. So far, the most useful ingame resource I found is the book about the name prefixes/suffixes. I didn't pick a race for my class, I picked a class for my khajiit. I will be looking for every single piece of lore, and information about the ta'agra.
      PC - EU - France - AD
      Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
      Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
      Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
    • Robo_Hobo
      Robo_Hobo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Elwendryll

Same. I'm gonna be scouring the land for every note, lorebook, and inscription I can find. Probably talking to every NPC in the vicinity during every quest stage too, and dedicating a new folder exclusively for Elsweyr pictures, dialogue and lore.

I might really like TES lore, but Elsweyr and the Khajiit stand out among the rest by far, so I'll be enjoying every bit of it.

Maybe we should start up another group of Khajiit obsessed forumers and players to share the wonderfulness that is the Khajiit as we wait for warm sands to open. I can't seem to find any Khajiit-only guilds except ones from long ago. Maybe someone from here knows of one still active?
    • Elwendryll
      Elwendryll
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Robo_Hobo wrote: »

Maybe we should start up another group of Khajiit obsessed forumers and players to share the wonderfulness that is the Khajiit as we wait for warm sands to open. I can't seem to find any Khajiit-only guilds except ones from long ago. Maybe someone from here knows of one still active?

The thing is that... It's complicated to find people obsessed enough to make only khajiits, most people play several races, and that's quite incompatible with account wide guilds. And such kind of guilds would be very RP-oriented (I don't say it's a problem...). People are not really turned on by the concept of a "one race only" guild, at least that was my experience as a guild master. But maybe I'm just terrible at recruiting. I'd like to know if someone managed to create and maintain such a guild on PC EU, and I would be happy to join it.
      PC - EU - France - AD
      Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.

• Nyladreas
      Nyladreas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Elwendryll wrote: »
      Robo_Hobo wrote: »

The thing is that... It's complicated to find people obsessed enough to make only khajiits, most people play several races, and that's quite incompatible with account wide guilds. And such kind of guilds would be very RP-oriented (I don't say it's a problem...). People are not really turned on by the concept of a "one race only" guild, at least that was my experience as a guild master. But maybe I'm just terrible at recruiting. I'd like to know if someone managed to create and maintain such a guild on PC EU, and I would be happy to join it.

I honestly think there's no point in a race only guild. I love Khajiit the most of all races and only play 1 character but I would never join such a guild either. It's just not something that appeals to me.
    • Neoauspex
      Neoauspex
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Meow.
    • Elwendryll
      Elwendryll
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Neoauspex wrote: »
      Meow.

How can you say something so rude? Children may be reading you know.
      PC - EU - France - AD