Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Theory on upcoming DLC.

Michaelkeir
Michaelkeir
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been searching the forums to see if anyone posted this theory and haven't come across it.

I theorized that the 1st dlc we will get this year will be the Elsweyr chapter and not a dungeon dlc like the norm. From what I've been hearing ZoS are releasing continuous DLC's all year centered around dragons. So one would think that this 1st dlc would be the one featured in the 7 sec trailer. I mean why even show that trailer instead of the one about dlc dungeons?

Also the people who data mined the Elsweyr chapter info didn't datamine anything about dlc's.

Unless the 1st dlc dungeons of the year will be in Elsweyr as well which is also a possibility.

Maybe I'm just imagining all this. Maybe I'm just ready for the necromancer class to drop first. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is what will happen too. Exciting stuff indeed if we get Necromancer sooner than we think :)
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    There were free updates in better times (like Homestead). What about a free update with a huge spellcrafting system? And it was not datamined because it was, far ago. And everyone know it was there just dont pay attention. Some Abnur Tharn plot and "dragons" can be also related to the first update, but will be built around Cyro.
    Elsweyr chapter with Necromancer class is more likely to be the second update. Because its more close to release dates of other chapters.

Anyway, something exciting awaits us this year, i can smell it
    Edited by commdt on January 11, 2019 1:57PM
    Rawr
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC (and don't ask me to cite it) they (someone ZOSian) said (somewhere...) dragons would be a story arch over the year, uniting the DLCs?

Mmm, I just posted it on the internet, so you know it's true.

I really thought it would be:
    Chapter 1 - Morrowind - Class (Warden)
    Chapter 2 - Summerset - Skill & Line (Jewelry & Psijic)
    Chapter 3 - Kittehville - Class (Necromancer)
    Chapter 4 - ?? - Skill & Line (Spellcrafting & god-knows-what)

They seem to be enjoying the DLC cycle they announced when they released Morrowind, so I figured they'd get into a nice pattern, not just quarterly but year over year.
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep hearing spellcrafting is coming, but where was it hinted/stated at? I've seen the trailer tease and I've seen the datamining info. Only thing i got from that was elsweyr, dragons, and Necromancer class.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep hearing spellcrafting is coming, but where was it hinted/stated at? I've seen the trailer tease and I've seen the datamining info. Only thing i got from that was elsweyr, dragons, and Necromancer class.

I don't think anyone here is saying it's coming, at least in the immediate future. Thus far, the only confirmed bits are necromancers, dragons, and Elsweyr.

That said, I do recall spellcrafting being datamined ages ago. Again, don't ask me to cite where I saw it; I have vague recollection at best.

Last year, speculation was a tossup on whether the skill would be jewelry or spellcrafting.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We tend to get two major functions each chapter. Morrowind it was warden and battleground.
    Summerset its was Psijic Order and jewelry crafting

Elsweyr has necromancers, dragons don't sounds like an major feature like battleground or jewelry crafting, more like geysers in Summerset if roaming world bosses. Sload if part of story and trial boss.

So something is missing, it can be ZoS are cheap or that they made the zone larger with an real trial.

Some of the old spellcrafting models showed up in the Summerset PTS data indicating they looked into it for Summerset.
    One of the class representatives said they tried spellcrafting for Summerset but canned it.
    But he might be mistaken.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    dragons don't sounds like an major feature like battleground or jewelry crafting, more like geysers in Summerset if roaming world bosses. Sload if part of story and trial boss.

Or....

7snE.gif

JK. Bored at work and going off the rails a bit. Happy Friday.
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do remember when Summerset was announced most people assumed it was going to have Spellcrafting. So I guess the same could be happening here.

I just don't see it happening myself. Spellcrafting seems like a daunting task for the devs to put into place and not break the game. Not saying it's impossible. With enough time and resources i could see it being balanced.

With regards to Abnur Tharn and thus Dragon tablet that's been teased, I have ANOTHER theory. The major point I've heard with that is that he plans to turn the tides of the 3 Banner War which could mean something's going to affect the pvp landscape. What if this dragon tablet somehow involves a quest that has us gather pieces of the tablet in Cyrodiil to summon a temporary dragon to aid us in battle. Say AD collects enough pieces and summons a dragon to help defend a keep or turn back a Blue zerg.

That would spice up pvp a bit I'd say. Sort of like nukes in CoD.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do remember when Summerset was announced most people assumed it was going to have Spellcrafting. So I guess the same could be happening here.

That was just due to the datamined assets for Spellcrafting. In the "leak" or datamine for Summerset - besides the assets - were absolutely no hints towards Spellcrafting.

This time it's different. There are so many bits and pieces that point towards Spellcrafting (the wording of ZOS announcements, the Abnur Tharn thing, the "Wrathstone", the broken tablet etc.).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

That was just due to the datamined assets for Spellcrafting. In the "leak" or datamine for Summerset - besides the assets - were absolutely no hints towards Spellcrafting.

This time it's different. There are so many bits and pieces that point towards Spellcrafting (the wording of ZOS announcements, the Abnur Tharn thing, the "Wrathstone", the broken tablet etc.).

In the teaser, there are pieces of a broken tablet, lots of energy/lights putting the pieces back together. Sounds a lot like how Spellcrafting was described during Quakecon 2014...hence the spellcrafting theories.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts:
    Q1 - Dungeon + Class Balance + Improvement
    Q2 - Elsweyr + Necro
    Q3 - Spellcrafting
    Q4 - Skyrim Zone + Th'um skill line (only and several ultimates) - Preparing 2020 chapter: Western Skyrim
    Edited by gepe87 on January 11, 2019 5:42PM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or the chapter could be last, with the 3 dlc releases set up as stages of a plot line that builds to an Elseweyr crescendo.
    Xbox NA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think many of us have thought Zos might back off of 4 dungeons a year as it gets pretty wearing.

Granted, I like the DLC dungeons but we have a good number of them now and 2 a year for a year or two would be nice.