Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One of my characters can't pick up any base-city PvP quests

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
One of my characters is completely unable to pick up base-city PvP quests. Details include:
  • I created him years ago.
  • I presume he did "Welcome to Cyrodiil" several years ago, because that's part of my routine; as soon as a character hits Level 10 I take him to Cyrodiil to get Rapid Maneuvers.
  • He currently has no quest arrows whatsoever in either of his base cities.
  • He's AD.
  • The only quests active in his quest log in the Cyrodiil section are the one for going to the Imperial City the first time (I did have that arrow until I picked that quest up) and Pledge: WGT.
  • He doesn't have the skill point spent in the Fighter's Guild passive that gives you an extra Cyrodiil repeatable bounty quest.
  • In a past version of this event, I think the most recent one, I played him in PvP long enough to unlock Warhorn.
  • If memory serves, I had the same problem then.
  • I don't have this problem on my other characters.

Is this a known bug? If so, does it have a known workaround? :)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I have this problem on two characters, both AD.

But since yet another AD character can pick up the quests just fine, this is NOT simply a problem of me not knowing where to look. :)
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Have you make the PVP starter quest with these chars? I mean the quest to teach using siege weapons and TS. You must do these quest with each of your chars.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you make the PVP starter quest with these chars? I mean the quest to teach using siege weapons and TS. You must do these quest with each of your chars.

That was one of my first thoughts. But I'm confident I've done them, based on:
    • Memory/guess (it was years ago in each case).
    • The fact that I'm not seeing any quest arrows for them now.

Two caveats on that:
    • Actually, the siege engine training part is not required, which I know because many of my characters who get PvP quests skip that part.)
    • I first took these characters to Cyrodiil LONG ago, so the quest details may be a little different now. But again, other characters I took there similarly long ago (generally DC ones) are doing just fine at getting quests now.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. Have you checked both bases. The NPC is only location on one.
    And yes you can skip, the quest, but you lose AP and xp :)
    Edited by Thunderclap on January 11, 2019 1:28PM
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard that some people have fixed this problem by talking to the siege trainer. In past, some people had started the PvP tutorial and canceled it causing a problem. They went back an talked to the siege trainer, he was no longer marked as a quest, and were then able to get PvP quests.
  • Swift_One
    Swift_One
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem and made a separate post before noticing this one. No quests on one character but fine on different one.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok. Have you checked both bases. The NPC is only location on one.
    And yes you can skip, the quest, but you lose AP and xp :)

Yes. I see no quest arrows in the base towns plural.
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I've heard that some people have fixed this problem by talking to the siege trainer. In past, some people had started the PvP tutorial and canceled it causing a problem. They went back an talked to the siege trainer, he was no longer marked as a quest, and were then able to get PvP quests.

That's a good idea. While I've checked the base towns fairly thoroughly, I haven't gone all the way to the siege trainer.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

You nailed it!

I found the siege trainer, found a quest arrow, did the training quest, did the sequel quests to be told about elder scrolls and to return to the base city. The quests on the boards were then unlocked.

So was Warhorn. :)

(Besides the training quests, I also had AP from one keep flip, one Bruma quest, and probably a couple of daily log-in rewards as well.)
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having this problem. Siege guy doesn't do anything other than sell siege.
    Completed welcome to cyridiil.
    Edited by SquareSausage on March 25, 2019 11:59PM
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an issue for a friend of mine as well. Completed welcome to Cyrodiil and can't pick up any quests. She can on her other AD toons though. She's sent in tickets and received details on how to do the Welcome to Cyrodiil quests. Pretty lame...
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."