Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

seriously, no way to see what mail you've sent?

loudent
loudent
✭✭✭
Did they just decide not to finish the game or something?
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    In my previous MMO there was no such thing as Sent Mails feature in the emails so at least I'm not missing it. The game always suggests your friends names when you start typing so you should pick the name up from there. Also if you're selling someting to a stranger, you always should COD feature in the email = Cash On Delivery.
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loudent wrote: »
    I currently play 7 MMOs, only one has a mail history of any kind so it's the exception not the rule.

• Frosthawk
    Frosthawk
    ✭✭✭
    If you send stuff on mail you need use that cod for and it does show up in history after you'r co-partner have taken shipped items, then little bit later mail system notifies and you can take cod back.
    EU - Adlmeri Dominion
    Sanquin's tester
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Saving such history would result in HUGE amounts of data to store. So your trolling is inappropriate.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sure you not getting confused with your email client or gmail ?? Real bad trolling
  • Holmes
    Holmes
    ✭✭
    Only thing that bothered me about the mailing feature is that there is no direct "reply" button.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't need to store it forever, just till you log out would be fine. I have just been sending out prizes to people, and my inventory indicates I forgot to attach some.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire mail system needs to be completely overhauled. It is horrendous; it is almost always over-stacked and it makes it impossible to cod or get player mail or access items you buy from auction. I try to enjoy the game as it is now and not have too many gripes (people rage on devs a lot, but I mean it's a beautiful game in a lot of ways) but this feature really needs to be reworked and it would not be that hard.

They really need to at least separate player mail and auctions from rewards etc, bare minimum. Day to day transaction mail should always be prioritized over rewards.
    Edited by Cathexis on January 9, 2019 2:29AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. They pop up suggested names from your guilds when you type an @-letter and if you accidentally select the wrong one (which is very easy to do if you happen to mouse just a fraction of a millimeter too far up or down) you'd never know it, just someone else gets stuff you meant to send to someone, who doesn't get it, and if that person isn't honest you're screwed.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see people leveling necromancy :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    ElSlayer wrote: »
    Saving such history would result in HUGE amounts of data to store. So your trolling is inappropriate.

ESO is still using tape drives to store data
    which is why my inbox is full with spammed bg rewards that I will either put on trader or deconstruct
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC there is an addon I used to use that kept a history of sent mail.. I do not recall the name and either I do not use it anymore or it changed.

I do not know if a history of sent mail was part of the early full fledged UI that was part of the game in early testing. The early UI had more of the type of information we are accustomed to in a MMORPG. However, many TES fans wanted it to be the simplistic TES style which is what we got in the end.

When confronted Zos claimed they ditched the normal MMORPG UI for this no frills one because they wanted us to get our information from the environment which we know they lacked the technical ability to make even that work properly. I guess that included our sent mail history. lol.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A message history would indeed be a nice-to-have feature.
    The raid leaders in my guild are posting weekly schedules for trials and raids and you can sign up for them via ingame message. And sometimes, I simply forget what raids I singed up for, so I would love to just check my outboox and be sure.
    However, I also see that this would cause a lot of unneccessary data.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon