Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magika Templar DPS/Healer Hybrid Gear

MEBengalsFan2001
MEBengalsFan2001
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently hit 160 CP and would now like to farm for gear to be a hybrid healer/DPS. At this point I am only running standard dungeons, no vet yet. I'm want to have a DPS spec for soloing and a healer spec so that I can heal as needed in dungeons.

Since I play a templar and the class does fire base damage I was considering farming Ash Dungeon for the Burning Spellweave set.

For the other set focused on healing I am not sure which of the set I want to use below. Not sure if one is truly superior to another set.

Combat Physician, Prayer Shawl, Sanctuary, or Worm's Raiment

Would like to get input from the community to see which sets I should set my sights on to farm. I'm open to suggestion for the DPS focused set as well.

• Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spell power cure from white gold tower
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently hit 160 CP and would now like to farm for gear to be a hybrid healer/DPS. At this point I am only running standard dungeons, no vet yet. I'm want to have a DPS spec for soloing and a healer spec so that I can heal as needed in dungeons.

Since I play a templar and the class does fire base damage I was considering farming Ash Dungeon for the Burning Spellweave set.

For the other set focused on healing I am not sure which of the set I want to use below. Not sure if one is truly superior to another set.

Would like to get input from the community to see which sets I should set my sights on to farm. I'm open to suggestion for the DPS focused set as well.

If you also want to deal damage, a super easy route to take would be 5/5 Mother's Sorrow and 5/5 Julianos. You can also run Valkyn Scoria as the monster set.

Otherwise, Spell Power Cure is good if you want to also support your group.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most important healer sets are the ones that give the Major Courage buff, and there only are two of those. Spellpower Cure is the traditional choice for newer healers. It works well in 4-person groups anyhow; just keep 100% uptime on Mutagen and SPC will proc.

I generally heal in SPC and Worm, or SPC/Necropotence on classes where that makes sense (Sorcerer for sure, maybe also Warden). If a group is stamina-heavy, Worm might not be theoretically optimal, but I don't bother changing.

The problem with using two dropped sets is getting the weapons you want. SPC happens to have named drops for fire and lightning staves, so that helps. Also, you can buy key fragments to get extra White-Gold Tower gear; that's how I can my SPC healing stafff.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on January 9, 2019 8:31PM
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have access to Cloudrest I'd say go for Olorime over SPC. Cloudrest is shorter and easier on +0 and SPC by nature is an inefficient set because you're required to waste magicka by overhealing for a CHANCE for the set to proc. Keeping that up all the time you'll do little to no damage. Wear Olorime (if possible) and be confident that your Shards and blockade will proc the buff 100% of the time if not on cool down.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olorime and Julianos will be a good starter setup for DPS/Heals in 4 man content. It will allow you to do decent damage but still keep heals going, and since most 4 man content is faceroll easy you don't need to bother with any extra support sets beyond olorime imo. Maybe infalliable aether if you really wanted to try, but that's going to involve trial farming.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have access to Cloudrest I'd say go for Olorime over SPC. Cloudrest is shorter and easier on +0 and SPC by nature is an inefficient set because you're required to waste magicka by overhealing for a CHANCE for the set to proc. Keeping that up all the time you'll do little to no damage. Wear Olorime (if possible) and be confident that your Shards and blockade will proc the buff 100% of the time if not on cool down.

I've actually been toying with the idea of Olorime + Sioria as a healer. AoE Heals triggering the Olorime, and Heavy Attacks triggering the Siroria. About 850+ Spell Damage from those two. Healing Springs Spam would be out of control with all that spell power.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »

I've actually been toying with the idea of Olorime + Sioria as a healer. AoE Heals triggering the Olorime, and Heavy Attacks triggering the Siroria. About 850+ Spell Damage from those two. Healing Springs Spam would be out of control with all that spell power.

It depends on if you can stand still long enough or heavy attack often enough for siroira to matter. Might I suggest mother's sorrow? You'll get juicy crit heals, especially if you spec into elfborn. Light Speaker would also increase the strength of your springs.
    Edited by TheGreatBlackBear on January 9, 2019 9:16PM
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is what I'd do.

Farm Cloudrest

Get 1 set of Olorime and 1 set of Sir 5 piece body.
    (Siroria all divine, Olorine small pieces divine, big piece infused)

Then Mothers Sorrow, 3 jewels and an inferno staff x2 (or 1 inf, 1 lightning) and a resto staff.
    (You can get this by just running around opening chests in Deshaan, I found 2 doing that in about an hour, along with a couple lightning staves and 3 resto staves)

Then get an addon called Bandits Gear Manager.

Have it so that Gear 1 is this:
    Siroria Body, Mothers Sorrow Jewels Inferno Front, Other Destro back

Gear 2:
    Olrime Body, Mothers Sorrow Jewels, Inferno Front, Resto back

You can also set your skills however you like for each loadout, and it'll sort it out, just cycle your bar and it will swap it all for you.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends on if you can stand still long enough of healy attack often enough for siroira to matter. Might I suggest mother's sorrow? You'll get juice crit heals, especially if you spec into elfborn. Light Speaker would also increase the strength of your springs.

Currently I have Olorime and Worm Cult (Replacing with Twilight Remedy).

The idea I had is totally situational. Only on Group and Kill fights.

I'm not really after Mother's Sorrow on my Healer since I already have 30% crit, more would be nice, but I don't think the benefit would be as much of an improvement at this time. Not as much as an additional 600 Spell Damage. Currently unbuffed, I have 1700 Spell Damage. With Olorime + Siroria, i'd be upwards of 2500!

It's just an idea i'm kicking around for funsies = )
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many people ignore synergies for twilight to be worthwhile in casual play imo. Can't go wrong with worm. i will say this though, unless it's for kicks or roleplay there;s really no reason to have high spell dam as a healer as resto passives, Blessed and Elfborn, minor/major mending and even sets increase healing done to a point where (generally) if springs can't outheal it your target never had a chance to be saved.
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Since I play a templar and the class does fire base damage"

Not exactly, most Templar damage is magic damage and would benefit more from War Maiden than it would from Burning Spell Weave. The only Templar skill I can think of with "Fire" damage is Vampire's Bane/Reflective Light. Spears, Dark Flare, Purifying Light, etc... are all "magic" damage.

edit: typo
    Edited by Ballcap on January 9, 2019 9:34PM
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly didn't see that part lol.
  • Lelldorano
    Lelldorano
    ✭✭✭
    I run a hybrid magblade with BSW/Mad Tinkerer and Earthgore. It's a lot of fun. Even started using it in vet dungeons, sometimes switching to proper heals for the boss depending on the difficulty.

This setup lets me easily solo world bosses too.
    Edited by Lelldorano on January 9, 2019 10:47PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »

Not exactly, most Templar damage is magic damage and would benefit more from War Maiden than it would from Burning Spell Weave. The only Templar skill I can think of with "Fire" damage is Vampire's Bane/Reflective Light. Spears, Dark Flare, Purifying Light, etc... are all "magic" damage.

Yeah I made a mistake on the fire abilities of a Templar. I only use one currently so the Burning set is not going to be a priority for me.

And I may just go with two healing sets.

• Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The crafted Axiom set increases your class skills by 400, which you may find more useful.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many people ignore synergies for twilight to be worthwhile in casual play imo. Can't go wrong with worm. i will say this though, unless it's for kicks or roleplay there;s really no reason to have high spell dam as a healer as resto passives, Blessed and Elfborn, minor/major mending and even sets increase healing done to a point where (generally) if springs can't outheal it your target never had a chance to be saved.

Oh it is totally just for the funsies to see some big numbers, lol. Olorime + Worm Cult is tried and tested on my part to be an amazing combo. But I just kinda feel like trying something silly to amuse myself, ; )

As for Twilight Remedy, I see what you are saying, but I have a shred of faith in my buds that they are not wasting my time by not hitting the Blessed Shards. If they aren't, I have to have a word with them, hehe.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I made a mistake on the fire abilities of a Templar. I only use one currently so the Burning set is not going to be a priority for me.

And I may just go with two healing sets.

If you still want to DPS though, Do consider something like Spell Power Cure and either Mother's Sorrow, or Julianos as the second set. Increased Crit and Spell Power helps if you still want to contribute to DPS. I suggest Julianos since you may be able to craft it yourself, or have a friend hook you up. Worse comes to Worse, if you don't like it, save it for a full on DPS character to wear when you level them to 50.
    Edited by kathandira on January 10, 2019 6:55PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't understand the bolded part, as applied to dungeons or other 4-person content. Cast Mutagen twice every 20 seconds and the need is met.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

BSW doesn't exclusively buff fire damage. It buffs any damage or healing spell that scales on the spell damage stat (which is basically all of them except for a few pets or shields). It requires fire damage to proc in the first place, however, so it makes no sense for a templar unless your destruction staff is inferno.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im playing hybrid healer for years. My set combo is SPC + TBS (Atro always and Ritual/Apprentice depending on content). You may go SPC + Seducer, SPC + Sanctuary, though Sanctuary has kinda weak bonus compared to TBS (Atro+Ritual) cuz it works at 10 meters and has lower healing bonus. In some fights, where tank stands away from group, will never get this bonus.

But your best friend is AlphaGear2 addon, if you on PC. Make two gear sets, or same with just another monster set (SPC is always on, so as TBS you will use it), then make two different bars (four bars, in fact) for hybrid DD and for full healer.

Now, if you lucky and you have good PUG dps'ers, switch to full healer combo with just one press of the key. If your DDs suck, swith to hybrid role and help your group with DPS.

Some other hints:
    - you may need to switch to full healer at last boss;
    - always switch to full healer for deathless runs;
    - NEVER EVER go in DLC dungeons as hybrid healer, unless you do it with premade group;
    - when you do hybrid role, don't forget that you are healer, so do damage as much as you want, but be ready to heal.... so never drop your magicka lower than 30%. If so, start heavy attacking with resto.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    im playing hybrid healer for years. My set combo is SPC + TBS (Atro always and Ritual/Apprentice depending on content). You may go SPC + Seducer, SPC + Sanctuary, though Sanctuary has kinda weak bonus compared to TBS (Atro+Ritual) cuz it works at 10 meters and has lower healing bonus. In some fights, where tank stands away from group, will never get this bonus.

But your best friend is AlphaGear2 addon, if you on PC. Make two gear sets, or same with just another monster set (SPC is always on, so as TBS you will use it), then make two different bars (four bars, in fact) for hybrid DD and for full healer.

Now, if you lucky and you have good PUG dps'ers, switch to full healer combo with just one press of the key. If your DDs suck, swith to hybrid role and help your group with DPS.

Some other hints:
    - you may need to switch to full healer at last boss;
    - always switch to full healer for deathless runs;
    - NEVER EVER go in DLC dungeons as hybrid healer, unless you do it with premade group;
    - when you do hybrid role, don't forget that you are healer, so do damage as much as you want, but be ready to heal.... so never drop your magicka lower than 30%. If so, start heavy attacking with resto.

I don't understand the sharp distinction you're drawing between hybrid and full healing. In a dungeon group, for example, a templar will:
    • Go destro/resto.
    • Slot Elemental Drain and Elemental Blockade.
    • Run whichever morph is available of Spear/Shards, casting it more or less on cooldown.
    • Slot Purifying Light, and use it in boss fights, unless the group is really weak.
    • Wear a Major Courage set.
    • If that set is SPC, cast Mutagen/Rapid Regeneration twice on cooldown.
    • Slot one or both of Honor the Dead and Ward Ally, or the alternate morphs, for emergencies.
    • Cast Channeled Focus on cooldown.

That's surely true for "full" and "hybrid" healing alike. And I have even more commonality between my "full" and "hybrid" healing approaches than that.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the sharp distinction you're drawing between hybrid and full healing.
    hybrid setup:
    Grothdarr monster
    main is Destro bar: Inner light, Entropy, BoL, Blockade, Sweeps; Guard ulti
    Resto bar: Purifying, Blazing Spear, Combat Prayer, Syphon Spirit B) , Solar Barrage; Shooting star
    20k to 28k DPS depending on how often i need to heal and group buffs from tank and other players.

full healer setup:
    Troll king monster
    main is Resto bar: Inner light, Entropy, BoL, Rapid regen, healing Orbs; Guard ulti (no Combat prayer)
    Destro bar: Purifying (or Radiant), Blazing Spear, Extended ritual, Channeled focus, EleDrain; Horn ulti;

I don't use Healing springs in PUG dungeons except some DLC (Falkreath Hold last boss for example). Useless skill in most situations when your group scattered all over the battlefield. Tank stands there, one DD there, second DD there, you here. How the hell you can heal them with Springs in this case? )

With AlphaGear2 addon i switch this setups in one press of button to compensate my current PUG limitations. Very effective and fun.
    My highest DPS as hybrid healer:
    1o2eqh.jpg
    Edited by mocap on January 12, 2019 10:46AM
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭

Tbh (Cue unpopular opinion) , if you just slot Breath of Life + Cleanse, use MS and Julianos then you're good to go, maybe not for DLC hardmode dungeons or vet trials, but that's all you need.

It's just a matter of estimating how much heals you're group is going to need and balance out how much resources your spend on dps on boss fights.

I do this and I do this quite seriously (not as to a means to be a fake healer, I do actually heal xD) but I haven't received any complaints or kicks.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got the general idea. Thanks.

I won't delve into the details, since you obviously typed that fast enough to have oopsies; for example, I doubt Elemental Drain is really on your resto bar. :)

I agree that Healing Springs generally isn't worth the bar space in 4-person groups. On the rare occasions when it would be best in slot, Combat Prayer is close enough to get by with.
    mocap wrote: »
    I don't understand the sharp distinction you're drawing between hybrid and full healing.
    hybrid setup:
    Grothdarr monster
    main is Destro bar: Inner light, Entropy, BoL, Blockade, Sweeps; Guard ulti
    Resto bar: Purifying, Blazing Spear, Combat Prayer, Syphon Spirit B) , Solar Barrage; Shooting star
    20k to 28k DPS depending on how often i need to heal and group buffs from tank and other players.

full healer setup:
    Troll king monster
    main is Resto bar: Inner light, Entropy, BoL, Rapid regen, EleDrain; Guard ulti (no Combat prayer)
    Destro bar: Purifying (or Radiant), Blazing Spear, Extended ritual, Channeled focus, healing Orbs; Horn ulti;

I don't use Healing springs in PUG dungeons except some DLC (Falkreath Hold last boss for example). Useless skill in most situations when your group scattered all over the battlefield. Tank stands there, one DD there, second DD there, you here. How the hell you can heal them with Springs in this case? )

With AlphaGear2 addon i switch this setups in one press of button to compensate my current PUG limitations. Very effective and fun.
    My highest DPS as hybrid healer:
    1o2eqh.jpg

• mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, sorry, vise versa ) Drain destro bar, Orbs resto bar.
  • Stroggnonimus
    Stroggnonimus
    ✭✭✭
    I would recommend very simple setup - Julianos + Worm cult.

Julianos will be mainly your DPS boosting set, but it increases healing too, and especially as beginner stronger heals will be beneficial. And it's craftable.

Worm cult is more of a healer set, because while it doesnt actually increase heals, its buff for group and it is requirement for all healers to have it, so youre ready for the future already. And it's not bad playing solo, questing etc. helps with sustain so not a problem either.

Others suggest Olorime, but I cant imagine it used as DPS set in solo, because while it gives buff, you'll loose your damage while running after it anyway. Unless cast aoes on yourself. But its great set to have for to future if you're willing to farm it.
    Whoever said that argonians aren't sexy, is obviously not a sexy argonian.

OG Argonian tank

BLOOD FOR THE PACT !

• carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would work great in theory but just about impossible to keep up sororia stacks. You really need a light attack rotation to get the max out of sororia, and then you need to be fairly immobile.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been farming White Gold Tower for the Power Cure gear. I also been farming for the Treasure Hunter gear over the

If you also want to deal damage, a super easy route to take would be 5/5 Mother's Sorrow and 5/5 Julianos. You can also run Valkyn Scoria as the monster set.

Otherwise, Spell Power Cure is good if you want to also support your group.

I am currently farming for the Spell Power Cure set and the Treasure Hunter set. How does the treasure hunter set compares to the Mother's Sorrow set?
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The reason BSW is still better is because War Maiden does not buff light attacks, which as a magicka dps should he doing 15-20% of all your damage. BSW also buffs everything with spell damage as opposed to WM only buffing magic damage abilities, and only needs a fire ability to proc it, and almost every magicka dps uses blockade of fire
    Edited by Shezzarrine on January 28, 2019 2:52PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most important healer sets are the ones that give the Major Courage buff, and there only are two of those. Spellpower Cure is the traditional choice for newer healers. It works well in 4-person groups anyhow; just keep 100% uptime on Mutagen and SPC will proc.

I generally heal in SPC and Worm, or SPC/Necropotence on classes where that makes sense (Sorcerer for sure, maybe also Warden). If a group is stamina-heavy, Worm might not be theoretically optimal, but I don't bother changing.

The problem with using two dropped sets is getting the weapons you want. SPC happens to have named drops for fire and lightning staves, so that helps. Also, you can buy key fragments to get extra White-Gold Tower gear; that's how I can my SPC healing stafff.

After much playing around with the various sets I have settled on Worm Cult and SPC. I ended up getting a SPC resto and inferno staff. I was hoping to get rings but that did not pan out. For now I'm running 3 armor pieces of SPC and two staffs. Than for Worm I running the neck and 4 gear pieces. My two rings are treasure hunter.

I may go and get the BSW set for my DPS build and run it with the SPC set as I also get the buff when soloing when I use a healing ability; though I do like how my magika bar barely moves with the worm cult set so I may just run the sets I have now since it allows me to spam my abilities without any real loss to my magika.

I will have to continue to play around a bit more and grind a White Gold Tower a bit more for more SPC gear so I have a full set and the same with Worm Cult and the BSW set. For now I think I'm good.

Unbuffed mostly blue/rare gear and three purple pieces I have around 40% crit, 32K magika and 1.5K magika recovery. Not sure if those stats are good but once I buff with food/potion I have around 37K magika and 1.6-1.7K magika recovery. As I improve my gear and get the right armor traits my stats will go up.

I know I need to get all my gear epic/purple and eventually legendary and I still need to raise my CP up. At what point should I start to consider running trials and vet dungeons (yeah I have never ran a vet dungeon yet). I'm also looking for guilds; I am only in 3 ATM.