The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Crown store bought homes should not be linked in to ESO+.

ploddab16_ESO
ploddab16_ESO
✭✭✭
As the title says, houses that are as exorbitantly expensive as the crown store exclusives, the Grand Topal, the Dawnlight, Earthtear and other exclusives, should not be held to the same item count restrictions as the other houses. A single one of these houses costs more than it does to buy ESO with all of it's DLC minus Murkmire, along with a decent month or two of ESO plus on top. We're talking in the range of £75 ($95.86) for someone who buys just enough for the unfurnished, to, and this is assuming we're dealing with a person who utterly whales themselves to get crowns to furnish things as well who goes for the maximum bracket they can, £109.99 ($140.59).

Considering Zenimax is charging these kind of prices for a single piece of fluff content, I find it utterly appalling that they then hold the owners of these expensive monuments to the same standard as anyone else who's bought a house for either regular coin or crowns. If I paid the better part of a hundred pounds for a house with 750 item slots, I want those item slots no matter what my status as a + subscriber is.

Indeed, I think the same should be true for any house bought with crowns rather than coin. Players should be rewarded for investing money into the game via these items, not milked further because they chose to invest in something they were passionate about.

As to the argument of 'but it then detracts a selling point from ESO+!', I would argue that the three main selling points, access to all content, an XP bonus and the crafting bag, is more than enough for a subscription incentive, and those already paying their sub fee do so more for their crafting bag than their houses' item limit.

Anyone else agree with this?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the limit should apply at all for any house, regardless of how it was acquired. Cutting the house limit in half for non subs isn't something I've ever thought was a good idea. I don't see the point other than to push ESO+ as basically anyone interested in housing needs to have it. It's not so much a perk of ESO+ as it is a penalty for not having it.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty much of the opinion that whoever is pushing ZoS' marketing team has no morals. Sure they need to make money but the prices for things in this game are just rediculous, ZoS is part of a multi-billion dollar company like Blizzard, so it seems like they don't care about players at all and just care only about the cash.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty much of the opinion that whoever is pushing ZoS' marketing team has no morals. Sure they need to make money but the prices for things in this game are just rediculous, ZoS is part of a multi-billion dollar company like Blizzard, so it seems like they don't care about players at all and just care only about the cash.

From last I heard, the pursing pushing or running the crown store used to run the same kind of things over on Star Wars: The Old Republic.

If you never played it, let me tell you, its #@#$!'n disgusting. The game is barely playable without a subscription.
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to disagree. You bought a house with a set limit. Having ESO+ offers a double to that amount. You know full well the system.

But, you dont lose places items when you lose eso+. You have everything still in place.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From last I heard, the pursing pushing or running the crown store used to run the same kind of things over on Star Wars: The Old Republic.

While I'm still not thrilled with some of the suggestions that individual probably brought to ESO, that particular ESO marketing director left the game nearly two years ago, in February 2017.
    signing off
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have to disagree. You bought a house with a set limit. Having ESO+ offers a double to that amount. You know full well the system.

But, you dont lose places items when you lose eso+. You have everything still in place.

I agree with this. You could simply have eso plus for how long you wished to decorate and then cancel. You will still have it like that. It is the same with the craft bag you can take out but not put anything in. You would also get crowns to help you decorate while you complete your home.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Double housing slots is a "perk" for ESO+. Thus, all houses, even those purchased in the CS are set to a certain limit, which is doubled for ESO+. Thus, you didn't purchase a 700 slot home in the CS and only got 350, but rather you purchased a home from the CS that had 350 slots. If you have ESO+, that is doubled to 700.
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    When I buy a home with IRL cash as I do when buy the house with IRL cash (crown) I want no reduction on items slots.
    So I support the Idea
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This make sense. Those are already "premium" houses when you bought them (since you can buy them only for crowns and already those houses are super - expensive).

The question is... if you will buy those premium houses and a premium account (ESO+) does this means those are..
    ... premium - premium houses ?! :D
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is likely more a coding issue than marketing...someone didn't want to write the extra code to make house storage independent of the code that doubles storage for ESO+. I don't think it's unreasonable to remove this restriction to housing in general, but think it unlikely they would go back and do it at this point.

Would really like to see an inventory increase though, was looking at the new Xanmeer house but passed on it because there is not way to really do it justice with a 750 item cap.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheyta wrote: »
    When I buy a home with IRL cash as I do when buy the house with IRL cash (crown) I want no reduction on items slots.
    So I support the Idea

Award for worst logic in the thread goes to this. What you put in your house doesn't take up memory on ZoSs servers. Pay up
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This doesn't even apply to me, but I have to agree. It seems like double dipping to limit homes purchased with crowns.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wish it was 750 - It's only 700.

Yeah, I think the the biggest Crown Store-only houses (e.g. the Hew's Bane Palace) should have 800 slots, whether you have ESO+, or not.

Not many people buy them, so the idea that giving them a higher limit would put a massive strain on the server seems dubious.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 23, 2019 1:27PM
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think method of acquisition should affect item limits, but I do think it would be reasonable to add another category of homes (with its own--larger--item limits) for the largest homes. Some other homes might then be bumped up to or from the "estate" category, possibly in a cascading fashion if other homes are large for their category.