Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Crematorium Guards

thorwyn
thorwyn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Does anyone know any overland (or even delve) mobs that are similar to the crematorium guards in MA?
The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently trying to beat vMA and I've been watching a couple of videos where players are kiting the flame cone by circling around the mob. Now I know how to move/kite, but for some reason, I tend bump into the mob at some point during that process, get stuck and take a full load of his breath (which is disgusting and deadly at the same time). :)
I would like to practice this circle kiting.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not that I can think of.

What class are you doing vma on? They're pretty squishy if I recall. Don't think I ever moved around them. Just facetanked it and burnt them down quick.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 9, 2019 8:52AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe they exist in overland content.

They were added with White Gold Tower and reused in Maelstrom. You could always try it with some of the world bosses in the older zones, just keep going around them to see if you can dodge any attacks and not bump them. Otherwise sadly it's just beating your head against vMA until you get enough practice.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should focus on killing it faster instead of practicing how to kite it. What class do you play btw?
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always practice in the normal MA - the mob is the same, just not deadly anymore.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they start breathing fire circle around them. They cannot turn fast enough. Once they stop breathing fire stop and kill them.

Do not kite them. Just circle around them.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you should focus on killing it faster instead of practicing how to kite it. What class do you play btw?

Pet Sorc at the moment... and the dps is currently not high enough to kill them righ away before they start spamming their junk.
    You can always practice in the normal MA - the mob is the same, just not deadly anymore.

Uhm... lol
    You're right of course. I somehow missed this dodgy trick. :D
    Do not kite them. Just circle around them.

Yes, that's what I'm trying to practice. Maybe kiting is not strictly correct but we're talking about the same thing.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »

Pet Sorc at the moment... and the dps is currently not high enough to kill them righ away before they start spamming their junk. (...)

activate pet(s) when it spawns, make sure that surge is up, elemental drain on guard, blockade, place liquid lightning in front of you, throw spammable at guard and done. The ~120k hp guard should be dead within 5 secs after is spawned
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    Pet Sorc at the moment... and the dps is currently not high enough to kill them righ away before they start spamming their junk.

Since you are a sorc, you can use the Negate ulti and that stops their breath. Also, in addition to turning around as mentioned above, you can roll-dodge through them, just be careful not to kite too much, because there are other hazards around, like the ghosts, and the meteors in the edges of the arena.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To answer your question, I think the vWGT crem guards will turn their fire to follow you, but not follow you by walking. Still not the practice you need, you'll see if you try.

- pop a healing pot before, maybe use lingering health combo
    - use some overload la on them if you don't want to use a full ultimate
    - add some fire protection via CP, lots of magic/elemental damage that round & lower vamp stage
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used overload there. Can try to burst the boss to go up before cremo spawns, if that fails (and u had 500 ulti in the beginning) u should have enough overload to burst down the cremo and to give the first crystal a good beating.

Do not use overload when u have low fps or the area is laggy for u, might get u stuck w/ and unresponsive skillbar.

Forgot to mention: In reaper's march, south east, Old S'ren-ja Docks there is a deadroth worldboss, should be easily soloable if u made it that far into vma. Not a real cremo, but similar skillset.
    Edited by eso_nya on January 9, 2019 6:29PM
  • MythicaLMeddLer
    MythicaLMeddLer
    ✭✭✭
    No better place to practice defeating them then in the arena itself..put yourself in the situation and practice right there..will get you use to the elements and climate of the stage..these things gave me problems at first as well..now I just run a tight circle around them applying my mad dots and drop em..
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since stage 9 is a daedra round just use an ult, shooting star is probably your option with the best burst but destro ult isn't a bad option either. I usually slot both for mag sorc in vMA.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA