Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Most Serious Issue with the Game?

Jameliel
Jameliel
✭✭✭✭✭
Besides lag, if you had to list ONE issue you wanted improvement on, what would it be? There are quite a few, so it may be difficult, but if you could fix one, list it.

For me it would be buffs. I would make the minimum buff time 1 minute, and most would last for 5 minutes or more. They would also be more specific to support builds such as healers. We could use scrolls and potions to cast them on ourselves, but builds specced for it would provide longer and more powerful buffs.
Edited by Jameliel on January 9, 2019 6:08AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more crown crates
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Low population.

Too few people in game= too high boredom. not enough people
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New development team.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer isn't out yet.

Okay jokes aside, I'd have to say toxicity in the player base.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more combat pets in cities at all.

Sure, it's not game breaking, but it's also not a difficult thing to fix so minimal effort required. It is easily the thing that I find most annoying on a day to day basis.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than lag I think the next biggest issue is the amount of bugs.

Even at times when it's magically not lagging I still find the game so annoying to play because things like being stuck in combat, sprint bug, pressing ult but another skill activating but that one is a controller issue it seems, ult not going off, skills not working, snares going through immunity, getting interrupted during in immunity, getting cc'd multiple times in a row from guards, getting hit with dysnc snipe, things hitting me through walls that shouldn't, getting hit mid dodge roll by skills that shouldn't be able to and many more.
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf nightblades
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Performance in general. Lag (even though you said aside from it), stability, bugs. The overall quality of the game on a technical front needs some serious work.

Outside of performance, since that is really what you should have excluded, not just lag, personally, the MMR system in BGs. It just needs to go. It is just plain crap, not working most of the time, and even if it was good, there just isn't enough players to actually support it.

The time to remove MMR and either have completely random matching, or weighted matching to better match premades versus premades (implementing it properly with no other match making systems to interfere, rather than tacking it onto the MMR system), is long overdue.
  • AntonShan
    AntonShan
    ✭✭✭✭
    People who whine on forums.

But performance is not good too.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    Besides lag, if you had to list ONE issue you wanted improvement on, what would it be? There are quite a few, so it may be difficult, but if you could fix one, list it.

For me it would be buffs. I would make the minimum buff time 1 minute, and most would last for 5 minutes or more. They would also be more specific to support builds such as healers. We could use scrolls and potions to cast them on ourselves, but builds specced for it would provide longer and more powerful buffs.

Oh come on lol, thats ridiculous. Keeping buffs up is part of learning combat. I understand it can be frustrating at first but its really not that hard and it keeps your focused on resource management. If they had buffs that long the entire sustain system as it is currently would have to be rethought out, and subsequently nerfed, then skill costs would need to be adjusted, CP and so on.

Anyway, a non PvP focused change Id like to see would be a searchable guild store that consolidates all results onto one page. The Awesome Guild Store add-on is great, and so many thanks to its creators, but it's time for a better built in system and one where results can show up on one page instead of having to sift through empty page after empty page. Maybe it will come with the big update this year.
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their fruitless effort of trying to combine PvP with PvE
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    TempPlayer wrote: »

It's completely impossible
  • tamrielwinner
    tamrielwinner
    ✭✭✭
    lag
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mdAL0sf.png
    love is love
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭

That!

It has never worked. It is not working now! And it will never work! The expectations and wishes of true PvP players and true PvE players are just too different.

As an ardent PvE player I do not care a hoot if the Class I am playing is equal in combat to another class...All that matters is that I can beat the Environment.
    As a PvE player the constant fiddling with combat stats by the Developers is utter frustration to me.

It is a real bother that a large portion of the game is basically inaccessible to me because I absolutely hate ...yes, HATE.... what is going on in Cyrodil.

I detest that certain Achievements (like Grand-master Fishing) require me to enter a PvP zone. Yes, I admit it...I am hopeless in PvP play. Playing from outside the USA and with a latency of 300+ there is not a chance in Hell that I ever will be compatible even if I tried to gear up and play my Chars to the max.

It is laughable! Really! I can not even have my Character running at full speed without having the game environment disappear on me. No! it is not the Developers fault. I am not saying that at all. It is just the limitations of today's technology. Not everyone has an affordable Super Internet Provider.

I could go on like this but I think I made my point clear!

No...I am not against PvP players. You like PvP...Good on You! But to force PvP, or PvE upon the paying Customers for reasons of commercial greed is a really bad Strategy (me thinks) that sours the Game for me.

There ought to be (my opinion) a dedicated PvE and a dedicated PvP server, which each serving the entire game.

No...I am not intending leaving the Game....until something really better comes along.

Good luck to us all.
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animationcanceling, resulting in dreadful encounterdesign.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zergs
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    Chirru wrote: »

That!

It has never worked. It is not working now! And it will never work! The expectations and wishes of true PvP players and true PvE players are just too different.

As an ardent PvE player I do not care a hoot if the Class I am playing is equal in combat to another class...All that matters is that I can beat the Environment.
    As a PvE player the constant fiddling with combat stats by the Developers is utter frustration to me.

It is a real bother that a large portion of the game is basically inaccessible to me because I absolutely hate ...yes, HATE.... what is going on in Cyrodil.

I detest that certain Achievements (like Grand-master Fishing) require me to enter a PvP zone. Yes, I admit it...I am hopeless in PvP play. Playing from outside the USA and with a latency of 300+ there is not a chance in Hell that I ever will be compatible even if I tried to gear up and play my Chars to the max.

It is laughable! Really! I can not even have my Character running at full speed without having the game environment disappear on me. No! it is not the Developers fault. I am not saying that at all. It is just the limitations of today's technology. Not everyone has an affordable Super Internet Provider.

I could go on like this but I think I made my point clear!

No...I am not against PvP players. You like PvP...Good on You! But to force PvP, or PvE upon the paying Customers for reasons of commercial greed is a really bad Strategy (me thinks) that sours the Game for me.

There ought to be (my opinion) a dedicated PvE and a dedicated PvP server, which each serving the entire game.

No...I am not intending leaving the Game....until something really better comes along.

Good luck to us all.

Totally how I feel ... for all the same reasons!
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BROKEN BGS QUEUE/GROUPING TOOL..
    how can the grouping tool/queue be so broken in a game designed to play with other players...
    PC EU
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    Higher quality and rare items. I'm motivated by items and loot. When I start a new character in ESO it takes very little time until I have BIS for my character. There's very little reason to do newer dungeons. Even if there's a good monster helm in a DLC dungeon it's rare that it's clearly better than a older alternative.

When I have BIS for my char, I tend to loose intrest, because getting BIS was what was motivating me to do raids or dungeons.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The players.

Seriously. So much complaining. Yes, some complaints do have foundation, but people really go out their way. People are actually complaining about the addition of a new class, something which this game sorely needs.

People complained that Warden got released. People actually had bloody meltdowns that it was going to be OP P2W. Great predictions, look what came of that.

I swear, if the majority of the forums had their way, we would never get anything new and be stuck in an endless balancing nightmare.

Let's face facts; all classes can fulfill all roles in the game on a satisfactory level. They can also clear all content. The only place where disparity between classes are noticeable is in hardcore, cutting edge raid groups who are fighting for leaderboard.
    Chances are, you are not in one of those groups.

If the devs focused on balancing and never introducing anything new, this game would die from lack of meaningful new content.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game balance. Not just between classes but between players and monsters as well.

Currently it goes all over the place with difficulties from one shot killing NPC's to almost impossible (for average players) mechanics. Yet there isn't any indication as to what difficulty something is expected to be nor the required skill/power level a player should be in attempting it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge gaps in difficulty between content. Lower difficulty level content doesn't prepare players to more difficult ones.

Trying to solve these gaps brings also an another problem: the game doesn't teach and prepare players. Tutorials do teach basics, but nothing makes sure you as a player remember them after leaving tutorial zone.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the stuff in eso is done halfway. This game is the jack of all trades but master at none
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lathrop3 wrote: »
    Low population.

I can not agree with that. In the evening, the cities are extremely well populated, at least on the european server.

Edited by Thorvarg on January 9, 2019 9:33AM
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Jameliel wrote: »

Oh come on lol, thats ridiculous. Keeping buffs up is part of learning combat. I understand it can be frustrating at first but its really not that hard and it keeps your focused on resource management. If they had buffs that long the entire sustain system as it is currently would have to be rethought out, and subsequently nerfed, then skill costs would need to be adjusted, CP and so on.

Anyway, a non PvP focused change Id like to see would be a searchable guild store that consolidates all results onto one page. The Awesome Guild Store add-on is great, and so many thanks to its creators, but it's time for a better built in system and one where results can show up on one page instead of having to sift through empty page after empty page. Maybe it will come with the big update this year.

I have played many mmos. There is nothing ridiculous about it. And yes, a lot of things do need to be adjusted.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thorvarg wrote: »
    Lathrop3 wrote: »
    Low population.

I can not agree with that. In the evening, the cities are extremely well populated.

That is a relative thing, but obviously, your perception is highly skewed.

Because the cities aren't highly populated enough lol
    Edited by Finviuswe on January 9, 2019 9:33AM
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updating the skeleton Polymorph to represent the race you're playing
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The players.

Seriously. So much complaining. Yes, some complaints do have foundation, but people really go out their way. People are actually complaining about the addition of a new class, something which this game sorely needs.

People complained that Warden got released. People actually had bloody meltdowns that it was going to be OP P2W. Great predictions, look what came of that.

I swear, if the majority of the forums had their way, we would never get anything new and be stuck in an endless balancing nightmare.

Let's face facts; all classes can fulfill all roles in the game on a satisfactory level. They can also clear all content. The only place where disparity between classes are noticeable is in hardcore, cutting edge raid groups who are fighting for leaderboard.
    Chances are, you are not in one of those groups.

If the devs focused on balancing and never introducing anything new, this game would die from lack of meaningful new content.

To be fair, Warden is very strong in PVP due to the easily-timed burst Scorch and morphs provide, the abundance of healing within the Warden kit, the sustain the entire kit allows for (healing yourself using a Green Balance ability can restore 250 magicka or stamina, whichever resource pool is lower, with a cooldown of 1 second; Vines, arguably the best heal in the entire kit, can tick every second as you take damage, and so provides a trickle of 250 magicka or stamina each second; that's equal to 500 magicka or stamina recovery, from just healing yourself), the tankiness the entire kit allows for, and the sheer utility the kit offers. Stamina Warden has been insanely strong for a long time know, and has basically been a straight upgrade to a stamDK if you're playing a tanky build, while Mag Warden absolutely shines in the current snare-heavy meta.

That, along with the fact that Minor Toughness is exclusive to Warden, could count as OP P2W to some players.

Also, lets not kid ourselves, doing a better job at balancing is not going to shift the focus away from new content. Separate teams exist for this very reason. The combat team is already doing balancing passes across the game each patch, they just need to do a much better job at it.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Mac client that crashes every hour on the hour.

No point whining about anything else when the game itself is unplayable.