Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What can "fix" ESO?

Neoicelord
Neoicelord
✭✭✭

What can "fix" ESO? 273 votes

Auction House
4%
Cpt_TeemoNskDenstojekarcub18_ESOSilverwillowRomoSarevoccHvzedaEphemeraCrawfordMimidaNeoicelordPzTnTkarekizclarkkent 13 votes
More classes/fixing current classes
3%
rosendoichinoveb17_ESOEmma_OverloadC0L0SSUSToc de MalsviSilverIce58dracul813esoRevanVinterskaldKhajiitFelix 9 votes
Performance fixes
63%
SirAndyMoloch1514MisterBigglesworthCaligamy_ESOotis67RDMyers65b14_ESOssewallb14_ESOWuffyCeruleicyberblastBeolundIruil_ESOAH93AlienSlofSavos_Sarenkari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOkunvenrwb17_ESOAektannSheezabeastkojouBloodystab 172 votes
UI Overhaul (Guild Trader)
2%
ElsonsoThaumicIluvrienperditionerBallcapAzgaranweedgeniusStarlock 8 votes
World updates (more events, better mob scaling..etc)
4%
Jimmyalainjbrennanb16_ESOvalidifyedneb18_ESOUPrimeRex-UmbraChunkyCatdengodadegenboggoeso_nyaRPGplayer13579PajorBilarion 12 votes
Nothing
4%
TherylGythralMicallefandreasvAsysShadow-FighterLumsdenmlVercingetorixBlazingDynamoKuramas9tailsoXI_Viper_IXoAndroconium 12 votes
"Other"
17%
vailjohn_ESOSuddwrathwenchmore420b14_ESOTurelusNebthet78BoloBoffindoggieChirruMasterSpatulaGravordWeerW3irTandorDuukarBouldercleaveCillion3117VanyelMohrMalkorgaParaNostramInarreDracan_Fontom 47 votes
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    3-5
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    Shared achievements and quests option across accounts
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    Reintroduce soft caps and make hybrid builds viable again.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    3-5
    Yup. Some focus on attending to the big issues which are often complained about before pushing forwards with more content.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nisekev
    Nisekev
    ✭✭✭
    "Other"
    Non-class system that lets us choose 3 "base" skill lines from a list (like primary skills in better times of TES). And a bunch of class presets to choose from for players who don't want to create their own.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Other"
    Finally adding Necromancy is a very good step towards fixing ESO I'd say.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant take 2 options, performance fix, and better mob scaling iam not sure if i will buy upcoming chapter, but if i do wont do quests or the zone, it really depends on what gear is in there, alot of peeps i know get the zone dlc's and never do them because the mob can be 1 shotted when ur at a high level
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Neoicelord
    Neoicelord
    ✭✭✭
    Auction House
    As an xbox one player, i cannot wait for a real mmorpg to hit the xbox. Hello Black Desert, i see you have an auction house.
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    adopting action combat and starting from the ground up
    apply what we've learned to make movement and hitting other people more engaging

archery req aim
    magic doesn't scale at long range for all spells
    sword swings carry variation
    block isn't omnidirectional and could even require timing

also performance issues
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    Sort the performance would mean a complete overhaul of the current engine. I'm all for it. ZOS probably isn't.
    Sorting the engine would be a long term investment, with a very unsafe investment return. There simply is no guarantee that the money spent on a new engine (to sort the performance) would produce a net gain. Especially when the majority of performance issues are related to Cyrodiil pvp, where money doesn't need to be spent by players in order to enjoy the game.

The other part of the community is the PVE side of things, where performance only really matters to the "top tier" players (competing for a better score based on how long a clear takes and performance becomes a huge factor). Once again this group of people is a minority (like the pvp vet's) and an improvement of performance would most likely not result in a net gain for ZOS.

All this is tied to what the game is on a more fundamental level; easy access for everyone.
    A progression would mean many players in the current community (not the community ESO had in it's early days) would be locked out of content. Not only that, but on a competative side of things many people would find themselves disadvantaged because they don't have the "time" to invest into becoming "better".

There are ways around this, however, but the majority of players in these categories are completely unaware of the games fundamental flaws in order to have a proper discussion about it. The other group of players doesn't have a progression mind set and thus the issue doesn't apply to them, and this is the majority of players which ZOS is "taking care of".

Simply put, most of us caring about getting better at an end game stage is playing the wrong game.
    ("Yay!" for being so positive) ^^
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stopped doing quests after Morrowind. The content is repetitive and not challenging. Most rewarding time for the game was Imperial City launch. It had a nice challenge content could be done solo but took skill if you were less skilled you would form a large group. Throwing random PvP encounters into the mix just added to the risk/reward.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Performance fixes
    I think performance and class balance should be zos priority at this point
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »
    Sort the performance would mean a complete overhaul of the current engine. I'm all for it. ZOS probably isn't.
    Sorting the engine would be a long term investment, with a very unsafe investment return. There simply is no guarantee that the money spent on a new engine (to sort the performance) would produce a net gain. Especially when the majority of performance issues are related to Cyrodiil pvp, where money doesn't need to be spent by players in order to enjoy the game.

The other part of the community is the PVE side of things, where performance only really matters to the "top tier" players (competing for a better score based on how long a clear takes and performance becomes a huge factor). Once again this group of people is a minority (like the pvp vet's) and an improvement of performance would most likely not result in a net gain for ZOS.

All this is tied to what the game is on a more fundamental level; easy access for everyone.
    A progression would mean many players in the current community (not the community ESO had in it's early days) would be locked out of content. Not only that, but on a competative side of things many people would find themselves disadvantaged because they don't have the "time" to invest into becoming "better".

There are ways around this, however, but the majority of players in these categories are completely unaware of the games fundamental flaws in order to have a proper discussion about it. The other group of players doesn't have a progression mind set and thus the issue doesn't apply to them, and this is the majority of players which ZOS is "taking care of".

Simply put, most of us caring about getting better at an end game stage is playing the wrong game.
    ("Yay!" for being so positive) ^^

yes when rebuilding the engine make it do action combat kthanks
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Stopped doing quests after Morrowind. The content is repetitive and not challenging. Most rewarding time for the game was Imperial City launch. It had a nice challenge content could be done solo but took skill if you were less skilled you would form a large group. Throwing random PvP encounters into the mix just added to the risk/reward.

yeas maybe get some chatbot programmers to make some NPCs that you can interact with by typing to idk...think cleverbot but fully voiced...obv for only for very important NPC
    also group dragon bosses in skyrim that are random encounters...can't believe this hasn't been a priority, oh well
    idk wrote: »
    Neoicelord wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Poorly written poll since it has answers that have multiple meanings.

More classes and fixing current classes are so very different. UI overhaul only limited to guild traders is so weak. World updates seeming covering everything possible in the game is also far to meaningless.

No offense but if one is actually wanting Zos to take a look at this it needs to be clear. Other than that, it

I could care less about your opinion, vote and move on.

And you clearly do not care about creating a half decent poll. Anyhow, as I said, it offers great entertainment value if that was your goal.

:#
    ezio45 wrote: »
    I think performance and class balance should be zos priority at this point

yeas
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    I vote "VoIP" on PC
    (^:
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    "Other"
    Itemization.. bring in more intresting items. Give us a reason to do dungeons or other content. Make crafting more active, it's too passive as it is now. Maybe introduce recipies on top of the trait system.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Other"
    free crown crates
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    Add moral things to get us re- energized and looking forward to things. I say what if we had dragons, necromancy, spell crafting, and cute cats?

On a serious note, better communication and transparency about performance, exploits and bugs plaguing the game. Also keep the that promise about having better long term vision for game and it's roles per class. Lets stop feeling you are bullying classes or favoring one over the other.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    doggie wrote: »
    Itemization.. bring in more intresting items. Give us a reason to do dungeons or other content. Make crafting more active, it's too passive as it is now. Maybe introduce recipies on top of the trait system.

Right I feel like we need more consumables or reasons to use gold.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    A working Mac client.

Not an interesting or sexy response, but gameplay is non-existent when the client crashes every hour.
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    Performance fixes
    I've made a similar post here

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/451418/what-kind-of-release-content-do-you-want-in-2019#latest

I hope ZOS will take into consideration players request :)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UI Overhaul (Guild Trader)
    I expected a lot of people to say "performance" and was not disappointed, but a poorly done game design that performs well isn't much better than a poorly done game design that performs like crap. They really need to take a pass over a lot of areas. I picked the guild trader UI because I think this is most desperately in need of updating, particularly on console.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 8, 2019 11:20AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Other"
    Better communication from ZOS, improved performance, and fixing bugs which have been around for literally years.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Performance fixes
    TBH, normal content runs smooth as butter. I dont know what happens when you flip the vet switch that makes the game act like poo, but it does.

PvP is more like a side dish. The under 50 campaign works really good. Battlegrounds work splendidly. Their main campaigns are straight trash. I’ve very little confidence they can fix things how players want.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance fixes
    Lag solving and normal gaming performance
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    heavier wrote: »
    adopting action combat and starting from the ground up
    apply what we've learned to make movement and hitting other people more engaging

archery req aim
    magic doesn't scale at long range for all spells
    sword swings carry variation
    block isn't omnidirectional and could even require timing

also performance issues

Something like this would probably require an entire relaunch, similar to what Square Enix did for Final Fantasy XIV 1.0, which was a total disaster. Though not against it, edits to the game that doesn't require ZoS to competely change everything in terms of combat may be better.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Performance fixes
    Performance and lag elimination should be the top priority right now.
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    There needs to be a "classic" pvp server where proc sets don't work.

Immob and snares need a look.

Class balance. Big time.

The most pressing is by far performance.

• GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other"
    Just separate the nerf balancing of PvP from PvE..
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing
    The ZOS team would literally have to restructure their goals and not hit deadlines for DLC's if they were to "fix" the game.

As of right now, they are mostly concerned about gaining money from the crown store and pushing out DLC's because they have a deadline on all these things. It's not just because they want to, they HAVE to. They are a business first. You know what thy do when chapters/DLCs are released? They literally log the stats. They are constantly monitoring what helps and does not help. I guarantee you they even track social media stats on conversions towards their game. Is losing that profit margin worth stopping the deadlines for something that may or may not have stats behind it that would actually benefit the game?

After 3 years of watching ZOS, I would feel safe to say that they don't have a "clean up" crew exactly or otherwise a lot of bugs and glitches wouldn't still be alive today. Maybe it's one or two people but I don't think they have a whole team dedicated to going back over and fixing these things constantly and maintaining. I literally just see a piece of paper with a list of issues slapped on a single Dev members table and they tell him to look into these and he does.

I could be wrong though but for as much cleaning up they need, they don't have enough people it seems....

Edit: With that said as well, I don't think they have enough time in the day to fix and redo UIs and research better engines or something and deal with business dealings and then send the information to the higher ups and back down and approve, disapprove things. It gives me a headache just thinking of it tbh. Thank god I am just a little worker...managing things is hard and stressful.
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on January 8, 2019 3:12PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • robpr
      robpr
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Performance fixes
      Lags, delays and FPS drops are the bane of the game.