Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(Updated) Murkmire PTS, cast-time shield animation — STILL in the live game

TheYKcid
TheYKcid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
UPDATE 12 Dec 2018: I now have evidence that this bug occurs during combat, and is responsible for these two wards failing to cast occasionally. This is a very serious glitch as it temporarily disables a main defence for many builds, causing unneeded deaths in combat. Details and screenshots in a new thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448699/wards-failing-to-cast-its-because-zos-left-old-pts-coding-in-the-game/p1

PC/NA. 100% reproducible. Affects the two shields that were temporarily given a cast-time during the Murkmire PTS: Conjured Ward & Annulment.

If you are casting either of these shields while your character gets ported into Cyrodiil, you will be stuck in the obsolete casting animation upon loading-in (for about 10 seconds or so). This is easily reproducible by accepting your queue pop, then repeatedly spamming shields whilst you wait to get ported.

Conjured (aka pooping animation):
E2VfUBK.png

Annulment:
m5mF1R8.png

This does NOT affect other shields (tested with Steadfast Ward, Obsidian Shield, and Sun Shield)—only the two that were tampered with during Murkmire PTS. The bug is also client-side, other players in the world-space will see your character behaving as per normal. It might also happen with other forms of queue-based porting (BGs, dungeon finder) but I didn't test these.
Edited by TheYKcid on December 8, 2018 6:52AM
PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The following is pure speculation, but I'm wondering if this bug is related to the unreliability of shields this patch (especially in high-lag situations like Cyrodiil at primetime).

Occasionally when casting Conjured, you'll hear the audio clip, your character will stutter through the animation partially, but no shield gets casted.

I have no evidence for this but it might be worth investigating.

EDIT: Now proven—this bug DOES occur during combat. See top of opening post for more details.
    Edited by TheYKcid on December 8, 2018 6:50AM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not fixed as of PC/Mac v4.2.10 incremental patch.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some updates on my investigations into this bug:
    • It also occurs with the Battlegrounds queue
    • It can also happen during combat—screenshots posted in my new thread
    Edited by TheYKcid on December 8, 2018 6:53AM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not fixed as of PC/Mac v4.2.11 incremental patch.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still not fixed and it is more likely to happen in lag
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm the above post. Still occurring (since we're still on 4.2.11, after all) and also becomes MUCH more frequent during laggy situations like primetime Vivec.

Had 3 occurrences within the span of 10 minutes earlier today.
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    I will actually see this same animation not just for shield casting during heavy lag in Cyrodiil (PC NA Vivec), but almost any other skill as well. My character kind of crouches down like she's trying to cast the skill and then just gives up. No cast. I've had this happen with hardened/conjured ward, harness/dampen magic, purge, healing springs, orbs, even boundless storm. There are more skills which have this delay/failure to cast than those which do not. Some times block canceling a skill forces it to fire, sometimes not. It could just be a coincidence that the motion looks like the cast-time shield animation, but it is certainly odd and frustrating.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump, b/c the bug is still around!
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is beyond lmao.