Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Bug - twice born star set]

MJallday
MJallday
✭✭✭✭✭
Platform Xbox Eu

Issue : if you switch bars from a dual wield 5 peice TBS set to a backbar with only 4 pieces , you obviously loose the second Mundas bonus on the back bar

But if you switch bars again (back to the 5 peice set) , you don’t get the second
Mundas stone bonus back!

Pretty easy to reproduce
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure its not a visual bug? as in it just doesn't show up until you reload on a new zone?
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely. I used a max health one and phys resistance one, and my health went from 25.9k to 22k
    The char screen also only shows 1 Mundas not 2. It’s like it looses the 2nd stone
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twice born star is not the type of set you can run 5 on one bar and 4 on the other. Of course you'll lose the second mundas when you bar swap. I thought it's always been like this?
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    twice born star is not the type of set you can run 5 on one bar and 4 on the other. Of course you'll lose the second mundas when you bar swap. I thought it's always been like this?
    This.

OP, what you're describing isn't a bug. It's effectively the same as physically removing a piece of gear.

You lose the 5pc set bonus the moment you lose piece number 5 (bar swap).

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree however it’s a bug because when you switch BACK to the 5 peice you loose the two Mundas stones
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »
    I agree however it’s a bug because when you switch BACK to the 5 peice you loose the two Mundas stones
    It's not a bug. When you take off piece #5, you're only left with your primary mundus stone.

When you swap back (put the 5th piece back on), you haven't re-selected the 2nd mundus stone.

If you're wanting to keep both mundus through bar swap, you need to double bar TBS weapons or you need to 5 pc via armor and jewelry.

It's not bugged. You're using it wrong.

Another example: You wouldn't presume to keep both mundus stones if you took off all five pieces and placed them in inventory, equipping them at some later time? What you describe is effectively no different.

TL;DR: The mundus is attached to your armor only when worn. It's not a permanent attachment to the armor itself.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on January 7, 2019 7:19PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not “using it wrong” Don’t be silly

It makes perfect sence that you loose the 5 peice bonus on the back bar

However it (the game) should remember the fact you had 2 Mundas stones and reapply the bonus (by applying the last 2 Mundas stones selected)

Otherwise it means you cannot use TBS with (for example) a vMA bow and another 5 peice set - which is what the game is designed to do - hence a bug

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuLz

Right.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m not “using it wrong” Don’t be silly

It makes perfect sence that you loose the 5 peice bonus on the back bar

However it (the game) should remember the fact you had 2 Mundas stones and reapply the bonus (by applying the last 2 Mundas stones selected)

Otherwise it means you cannot use TBS with (for example) a vMA bow and another 5 peice set - which is what the game is designed to do - hence a bug
    had is the keyword you're not grasping. You effectively give up the 2nd mundus when you remove the gear - which you are doing by swapping.

And of course you can use it with vMA, etc. You keep the 5 pieces active via armor and/or jewelry, the same as every other 5 pc persistent set.

The game doesn't need to "remember" the thing you no longer have, hence "using it wrong."

Earn it.

• MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Had” may be the keyword - so if the game devs can explain why the bonus shouldn’t be returned when you switch back then I’ll be happy to say it’s not a bug

Until then it remains a bug report
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is exactly how TBS worked since forever. Removing 5-piece bonus (in any way) removes the second mundus and forces you to go and pick it again.
    There are many sets that can't be used as one-bar-only sets and TBS is one of them. This is not a bug.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree this has always worked this way and is working as intended.

Mundus stone bonuses don’t work like 5 piece set bonuses so don’t reappear. front barring it won’t work just like removing an armour piece and reapplying it won’t make it reappear.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    That is exactly how TBS worked since forever. Removing 5-piece bonus (in any way) removes the second mundus and forces you to go and pick it again.
    There are many sets that can't be used as one-bar-only sets and TBS is one of them. This is not a bug.

I’m not sure that’s ever been advertised “some sets don’t work as a one bar set only”
    Maybe I missed that dev post? As I said happy to say it’s ny a bug, but I doubt this is
    By design

Seems to me like this is an oversight and side effect of the 5/5/2 chances bought in 12 months or so ago

Also Seems like people have just accepted it rather than want to fix it
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not sure that’s ever been advertised “some sets don’t work as a one bar set only”
    Maybe I missed that dev post? As I said happy to say it’s ny a bug, but I doubt this is
    By design

Seems to me like this is an oversight and side effect of the 5/5/2 chances bought in 12 months or so ago

Here’s a post from 2014 where this topic was covered and understood

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/138344/twice-born-star-everything-you-need-to-know-about-double-mundus

This isn’t a cause of the 2 handed changes last year, just you not being aware of how the set manages Mundus stones
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »

By design

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/138344/twice-born-star-everything-you-need-to-know-about-double-mundus

This isn’t a cause of the 2 handed changes last year, just you not being aware of how the set manages Mundus stones

Insightful Link from 4 years ago -but I don’t see anything from the devs stating “yup this is intended” especially given the changes 12 months ago

I’d like to see ZOS communicate on this, rather than other players TBH
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »

By design

Insightful Link from 4 years ago -but I don’t see anything from the devs stating “yup this is intended” especially given the changes 12 months ago

I’d like to see ZOS communicate on this, rather than other players TBH
    No, you want to keep hearing answers until they match yours.

The fact that it hasn't changed in 5 years is a clue that it's likely working as intended, not that they just happened to have four+ years' worth of oversight.

What 12 month change would have anything to do with this? If you remove 1 pieces, 2 pieces, or 5 pieces of a set, you lose those bonuses. (That's why the 5/5/2 has nothing to do with this, because you're not maintaining the '5.') The new set (the non TBS) doesn't have a 2nd mundus. So, when you return from your 1-mundus other set, you only regain the capability to have a second mundus, not the second mundus itself. You get back the container, not the prior contents.

Your bug report will be met with the same reaction, because it's not a bug.

If you really want a response, submit a /help ticket in game. CSR's will happily tell you the same thing half a dozen people here have tried to.

For future reference: The default is that it's intended until they say it's not, not that it's unintended until they say it is. That applies to whatever 'it' happens to be.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on January 7, 2019 10:12PM

Earn it.

• MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    once Again you have spectacularly missed the point AND shown fatal flaws in your logic

Just because something has been “that way”’ for x years doesn’t make it right.

Ive no further Wish to have discourse with you. You are not in a position of importance to this matter and you have not grasped the situation and shown ignorance as such.

This bug needs to be reviewed by the dev team and they need to comment accordingly.

End of discussion
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, you might have better luck if you actually submit a bug report in game and/or tag someone of importance to get someone's attention since the only people you deem worthy to speak to work for the company. I don't know why you posted on the forums, where just anyone could possibly reply to you

To be clear, I do not agree with you at all. But, I'd rather you get the answer and stop wigging out on the forums.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're new here, huh? I give you a good advice. Let it go and make yoursefl 5 body pieces of TBS if you really want to use it. It will save you nerves and time.

ZOS does very little interactions on the forums and you are only wasting your time expecting them to react to this thread.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're new here, huh? I give you a good advice. Let it go and make yoursefl 5 body pieces of TBS if you really want to use it. It will save you nerves and time.

ZOS does very little interactions on the forums and you are only wasting your time expecting them to react to this thread.

That’s sound advice ty
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    once Again you have spectacularly missed the point AND shown fatal flaws in your logic

Just because something has been “that way”’ for x years doesn’t make it right.

Ive no further Wish to have discourse with you. You are not in a position of importance to this matter and you have not grasped the situation and shown ignorance as such.

This bug needs to be reviewed by the dev team and they need to comment accordingly.

End of discussion

" Doesn't make it right"
    I'm sorry but i have to laugh at your sense of entitlement.
    The devs don't HAVE TO do anything at all. Just because you're frustrated that something doesn't work the way you thought it would or should. doesn't mean the Devs agree.
    I would not be surprised if the way you want it to work is considered overpowered and so it was never implemented that way on live.

I'm sorry but you need to accept that you were wrong and move on.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After they fix this bug, they need to fix the warden bear ultimate. Seriously. There I am with my bear on the prowl, but when I switch bars to cast that healing thicket, my bear disappears!! I mean, wtf is up with that?!

Then when I swap back to my bear bar, the bear doesn’t even resplawn!!

Sooo many bugs in this game. I can’t even.
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    After they fix this bug, they need to fix the warden bear ultimate. Seriously. There I am with my bear on the prowl, but when I switch bars to cast that healing thicket, my bear disappears!! I mean, wtf is up with that?!

Then when I swap back to my bear bar, the bear doesn’t even resplawn!!

Sooo many bugs in this game. I can’t even.

Lol
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MJallday
    It's not a bug. When you take off piece #5, you're only left with your primary mundus stone.

When you swap back (put the 5th piece back on), you haven't re-selected the 2nd mundus stone.

If you're wanting to keep both mundus through bar swap, you need to double bar TBS weapons (no!) or you need to 5 pc via armor and jewelry (yes!).

It's not bugged. You're using it wrong.

Another example: You wouldn't presume to keep both mundus stones if you took off all five pieces and placed them in inventory, equipping them at some later time? What you describe is effectively no different.

TL;DR: The mundus is attached to your armor only when worn. It's not a permanent attachment to the armor itself.
    Merlin13KAGL, you are correct, except for one assertion that I've signified in the copy of your reply above. One of my characters is a Breton Templar healer equipped with the Twice-Born Star set, so I have learned from experience.

(1) A player must not consider any Twice-Born Star weapon, and/or a shield, as one of the five pieces in the set. Rather, the character must equip 5 pieces of body armor that are in the Twice-Born Star set in order to be sure that a Mundus Stone buff will not be lost when the player swaps the ability bars. (See #3 below about crafted jewelry.)

Regardless of whether the respective weapons -- and shield(s), if any -- are Twice-Born Star pieces: if 5 pieces of body armor in the Twice-Born Star set are not continuously equipped, then the character will lose one of the Mundus stone buffs when the player swaps the ability bars.

The fact that using weapons and shields to complete a 5-piece Twice-Born Star set loses the second Mundus Stone buff when the player swaps the ability bars is a well-known, and uncorrected, Twice-Born Star set flaw (AKA "bug") confirmed in this forum -- just not the behavior which the OP perceives as a design flaw or bug.

(2) Of course, a character can equip two 5-piece sets, with two body armor pieces and three jewelry pieces in the second set. Or the character can be equipped with three jewelry pieces which are in the same set as a two-hand weapon (including staves), or as a one-hand weapon and shield. So it is possible to equip two Sets, one of which is 5 pieces of Twice-Born Star body armor. When the shoulders and head are equipped with a two-piece "monster" set, then the character can have as many as three Sets that confer buffs and other bonuses.

(3) So far, I have not tried crafting and equipping three jewelry pieces for the Twice-Born Star set. Then, testing whether using a Twice-Born Star two-handed weapon, or a Twice-Born Star one-handed weapon and shield, on both of the ability bars will retain the two Mundus Stone buffs when I swap one ability bar for another. It would not surprise me if one Mundus Stone buff is lost, though, because the "bug" is failing to recognize that the weapon and/or shield remain as one or two of the five pieces in the Twice-Bar Star set.

However, I am confident that three crafted Twice-Born Star jewelry pieces could be combined with two Twice-Born Star body armor pieces to make a 5-piece set.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi