Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Glaring New Graphical Glitch in Lake Xanmeer Manor

lamatadita
lamatadita
✭✭
I was exploring Lake Xanmeer Manor today and noticed a graphical glitch on both sets of stairs heading from the entrance toward the lake. When my character gets close to the top of the stairs on either side, the texture of the stairs and part of the front of the house switches to a VERY low resolution.

I checked my settings and everything is on max (my PC can run this game at max easily). I also turned off my PC and turned it back on, but the issue persisted. Updated my graphics card drivers, didn't fix it. I did a few Google searches to see if this was a known issue and came up with nothing, so finally I had some friends check it out, and they said it's happening for them, too.

Then I had the idea of checking the PTS version of the house, because I didn't remember noticing it there and I knew the PTS hadn't been updated since before Murkmire was released, and I was right--I can confirm that this issue DOES NOT occur on the PTS. I also noticed that my FPS is significantly lower there, around 60-65 FPS as opposed to 100, so my theory is that this graphical issue was an attempt to improve performance by lowering the resolution of the entry level when players go up to the second level. However, it seems to be triggering too early so that the low-res portion is still on-screen when the switch occurs, and it is noticeable and very ugly.

Considering that ZOS will almost certainly be asking upwards of $100 for this home, I really hope that this issue can be resolved. Lowering resolution in that area makes sense if it improves performance, but the change is triggering too early and it's immersion breaking.

You can check it out yourselves, but if you don't have game access or are too lazy at the moment, I uploaded a YT video showing the issue and asking others to submit tickets about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHpkdoO36vk
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    but where are lizards?
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow had to log on just to check this since I bought crowns for this house during the sale. Stairs turning into a slide is a deal breaker tho! Ironically I also got a random disconnect while touring the house with no error message at all. Just kicked back to login.
    Edited by Khaleesi8688 on January 7, 2019 5:13PM
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    Wow had to log on just to check this since I bought crowns for this house during the sale. Stairs turning into a slide is a deal breaker tho! Ironically I also got a random disconnect while touring the house with no error message at all. Just kicked back to login.

I bought crowns for it, too, so now I'm really torn as to what to do. I'm hoping they will fix it before it goes on sale, but if they don't, I don't know if I should buy it anyway and hope they fix it eventually...? I feel like the chances of them fixing it will significantly decrease once they've made their $ from it, which is why I'm trying to get the word out now.

If you didn't already, can you submit a ticket? If they can see a lot of people reporting it, maybe they'll fix it before it goes on sale.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Myself and several people from one of my guilds saw this bug today after highlighted by Lamatadita. It is really ugly and is unacceptable if they release it like this. Somebody also said that there is a similar bug by the whirlpool entrance although I am not online right now so have not seen this personally.
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    Myself and several people from one of my guilds saw this bug today after highlighted by Lamatadita. It is really ugly and is unacceptable if they release it like this. Somebody also said that there is a similar bug by the whirlpool entrance although I am not online right now so have not seen this personally.

I tried to duplicate the glitch they mentioned and could not, but I did find another spot with low-res textures. It's on the walkway on the southern side of the property. The little building on the far right side of the walkway has the proper texture, but the one on the far left has a super low-res texture. I'll post the pics in the bug report thread.

I'm just posting everywhere this is being mentioned to increase visibility.
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, cheers for the heads up. Didn't notice this myself yesterday but the distance between the house and a wayshrine is really putting me off a purchase. You need to port from here to another house with a closer wayshrine which is disappointing to say the least, this beauty won't be cheap.