Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokirules wrote: »
    You had several good push’s tonight @geonsocal slapping around EP’s pugs. My group did have a good fight with Fatality on Chal in which I have repaided Abyss the bags he’s been giving for the last few days 😃. As for Campaign I’m hoping we move towards what Pc Has where everyone has a month of victory. Fights have been good this month

All of EP guilds are no shows lately, I do see old friends if I hop on my DC character. smh
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    Lokirules wrote: »
    You had several good push’s tonight @geonsocal slapping around EP’s pugs. My group did have a good fight with Fatality on Chal in which I have repaided Abyss the bags he’s been giving for the last few days 😃. As for Campaign I’m hoping we move towards what Pc Has where everyone has a month of victory. Fights have been good this month

All of EP guilds are no shows lately, I do see old friends if I hop on my DC character. smh
    A lot of people are in Shor or on massive breaks new leaders need to step up in the guilds who are still here
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »

I saw that - what do you think it might mean?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I ventured back into Cyrodiil again. I've been wearing some SPC, Troll King, and a variety of third sets depending on my mood or if I'm grouped or not. I ran with a couple of groups lately even though I don't talk just to see what it was like.

The war seems to have broken down into a few basic situations:

1. Small scale battles inside towers on resources. A small to medium group runs around and around and up and down stairs for 10-15 minutes. I don't care for that style of play. I mean sure, it's effective in distracting people into wasting time running in circles around a tower, but most importantly - is it fun? For me it isn't. So I'll take a few pot shots and throw out a few heals and then head back to the keep.
    2. Player vs. door. One of the groups I joined only wanted to run around taking keeps well away from the front lines. Again, I see the merit in the strategy but I don't play PvP to spend all day killing NPC's and running away. Normally I would not have joined a group like this but zone chat around it was interesting. There is a particular player on AD who I dislike. I think he's a jerk and he's probably the only person I wouldn't rez even if he is on "my team". He asked to join a particular group and that group leader responded in chat that they were not welcome as other group members didn't want him in the group. So I thought that sounded like a group of people I could get along with. For the most part, they were nice but I'm just not interested in taking empty keeps.
    3. The impossible zerg.We've all run into this before. 40-50+ of one color just steamrolls the map. There is a particular faction hopping player who is great at this, and I respect his ability to get so many different people pointed in the same direction. It can be fun to battle against if there is a sizeable group of your own people but most of the time you are outnumbered 3:1 and there's nothing anyone can do to stop them or even slow them down.
    4. The reason I still PvP on occasion- the evenly matched battle. It doesn't happen often during the week when populations fluctuate and one team or another has the numbers advantage but on the weekends when all sides are pop locked, this is some of the best fun in all of gaming. I spent several hours running with a group led by Bob and it was fantastic. We lost some battles and we did a lot of winning too.

Anyway, I'm going to try being more social when I'm online and I'm going to do my best to keep my New Years resolution of being more positive. I don't use a mic often, my life is noisy :smiley: but I type in chat and I do listen.

More from Talion will be coming soon. I'm just not sure if I should continue to post here or move those over to the Fiction and Roleplaying tab.

Also, thank you to the player who gave me 100,000 gold. I'm not sure what I did to deserve it, or if I was just right place/right time. Thank you!
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    duplicate
    Edited by Ballcap on January 4, 2019 9:42PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    More from Talion will be coming soon. I'm just not sure if I should continue to post here or move those over to the Fiction and Roleplaying tab.

both please :)

Edit: actually @Ballcap - giving it some more thought: i think you should do something similar to what kyle did and post it on the main page...

he has two outstanding ongoing threads:
    Starting over in a New Land: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/440156/starting-over-in-a-new-land/p1

and

Filthy Casual: Tales of Woe & Despair with Occasional Triumphant Conquest: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399322/filthy-casual-tales-of-woe-despair-with-occasional-triumphant-conquest/p1

an ongoing thread for tales of Talion the Mighty would be absolutely awesome...make it somewhat interactive, and, there should be no reason for any of the mods to mess with it (i doubt they would anyway)...

maybe you could go back and "serialize" some of your earlier stories...

I just don't think the fiction and roleplaying or community creations tabs will give those stories the attention they deserve...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 5, 2019 12:20AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Player vs. door.

i do this a lot on the EU server...during the week, and, at the time i play - there's just not a lot of folks out on the map...

if you only have a few people in your group it can be fairly challenging...it's kind of frustrating when one enemy player though can come along and wipe your whole group...
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    first and foremost - howdy night angel...good to see you out there tonight in NA vivec...

thanks for trying to say "hi"...

it's been a while since I've been on my magblade...no doubt if there hadn't been a little friendly interference you'd have probably got me :) ..

So close! Lol. Literally as soon as I used ambush, a healer ran in front of me and I wasted my ult on him! 😂
    Edited by NightAngel690 on January 6, 2019 3:00AM
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Geon I was going to appear beside you and wave “hello” (like I do with certain people) but I don’t think the rest of the blues would’ve let me. Either way, it was good to see you out there!
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal think you could help me with my bs meter? I have come across a guy who talks as if he is a god on EU but never can produce vids to back it up, claims to have made an NA toon rolled it to cp 160 and beaten Toxic Nebula , as emp, in a 1v1, claims to have "deleted" multiple 5 stars etc..just looking for some clarity..I will dm you the name
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe if you catch the emp jumping off a back wall, and you happen to have a bomb ready, and coincidentally no one happens to be around, you could have a chance at beating one by yourself.

Still very unlikely at low CP.

But deleting a five star toons because you have so many...I call bs.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the big deal about kill a 5 star anyway, doesn't give them any more power or skill. lol
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the big deal about kill a 5 star anyway, doesn't give them any more power or skill. lol

no, but it does not make it any easier to get..much easier now ( my main is at just under 2 stars with most of its pvp being played pre IC, where as I have a 5 star with less pvp time and a newer 1 star with waay less time in pvp) but still a grind..but yes they have lost the glimmer and glamour they once had
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    @geonsocal think you could help me with my bs meter? I have come across a guy who talks as if he is a god on EU but never can produce vids to back it up, claims to have made an NA toon rolled it to cp 160 and beaten Toxic Nebula , as emp, in a 1v1, claims to have "deleted" multiple 5 stars etc..just looking for some clarity..I will dm you the name

howdy @wazzz56 ...i hope all is well in the world for you sir :)

i saw the name...not ringing any immediate bells though...i'll check the EU vivec leaderboards when i get home later to see if i see their name there anywhere...

just a little recent event which helped drive home the whole cp thing - was over on the EU server in vivec...there wasn't too many folks on the map, but, our scroll was about to be taken...showed up at the ni-mohk temple, but, no one was around...

started riding out to the gate and came across this lone enemy level 11 toon by themselves...that seemed a little odd, but, they were behind the gate and i attacked...i can't remember which of my level 30 something toons i was on - but, i couldn't dent them, and, they had me down in under a minute...a freaking level 11 toon went through me - fast...

needless to say i immediately told myself that they must have had a boatload of cp behind their character :#

i don't know man, unless it happened in either battlegrounds or sotha sil - i'd say it is pretty near impossible for any sub cp 200 character to take out an overlord...forget the whole emp buffs included...

seriously, nebula could have been standing still and dancing, and still not have been killed...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 7, 2019 6:10PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah...DC is ahead in vivec on both servers...

in regards to the change in NA vivec - it's interesting to see how players move around from faction to faction over the months and years...

i'm guessing gooch may not have exactly loved their time playing for red...they don't call out a lot in zone - but, every once in while they'll point out when the EP pops are low (suggesting a good time to attack them)...

the ebonheart pact has never seemed a good place for faction hoppers...they seem to have sustained the most loyal followers over the years...

i'm now in to my third campaign as all blue...it's cool that i've been able to regain a serious distaste for the other alliances (particularly on the EU server)...i miss though pvping in vivec with some of my red and yellow toons...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? I usually get the achievement for taking out a Grand Overloard at low levels even on a new account.
    So many just farmed ap out there. They have no special boost unless they are emp, it is just a title.
    I'm confused as why that makes a player "good". A "good" player is hard to take down even if the are a low AR level.
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 7, 2019 6:35PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those champion points though can give you some serious/not insignificant buffs to your damage output, sustain and survivability...

I'm sure it happens, but, it's really hard to imagine someone reaching overlord without having some of the basics of pvp down...

I still haven't reached colonel on any of my toons :p

and, there's no question my gear and cp help carry me a bunch out there in NA vivec...

I love laughing at folks trying to snipe or burst me down on one of my tanks...

I can't remember if it was here on the forums or in zone chat that someone was commenting about coming across a non-vet (level 40 something) grand overlord...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 7, 2019 7:44PM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I've been running some support recently. I like Spell Power Cure because it makes my team stronger and I switch between Troll King or Earthgore depending on my mood. The other set I've been trying out different things. I've made some Redistributor and that was interesting. People seem put off when the heals fire from me to them, especially in a non combat situation when my HOTs are wearing off.

I also made a set of Sload's which was fun. I use a lot of AOE and multiple target abilities so it's nice to have some lingering damage floating around out there. Paired with Vicious Death during a siege, I'd occasionally see that VD proc from a lingering sload combined with the siege fire. That was fun.

I've also tried War Maiden for some extra oomph on a soul assault. That and Julianos are nice for numbers but sometimes I like seeing things happen. I usually paired those with Vicious Death too.

One of the more fun sets was the Mad Tinkerer. Watching that fabricant roll through a gate into a zerg was one of the best moments of PvP for me. I was laughing out loud when people would pop into the air.

My most recent set to pair with SPC is Fortified Brass. That set is visually unexciting but wow is it effective. I can dish out heals for longer because I don't die as easily. With this set I have survived gank attempts from decent NB players. People that in the past would drop me right away, don't anymore. Plus as a templar if I can survive the burst, I'm ok for a while.

So lately Talion the Mighty is a tanky healer. It's hard living without the ability to do much damage but I've been running with groups more often and that helps.

DC seems to have this campaign locked down. I think that Gooch is such an interesting force in the direction the campaigns take. I'm surprised there isn't a rival to him. I don't know anything about the guy other than his presence swings the campaign to whatever side he's playing on. His side doesn't always win but you can't deny it changes the campaign. Maybe it's his core group, I don't know. It's such an interesting dynamic though. If he ever comes to AD again I hope I get a chance to group with him if only to see first hand how it's done.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the more fun sets was the Mad Tinkerer. Watching that fabricant roll through a gate into a zerg was one of the best moments of PvP for me. I was laughing out loud when people would pop into the air.

DC seems to have this campaign locked down. I think that Gooch is such an interesting force in the direction the campaigns take. I'm surprised there isn't a rival to him. I don't know anything about the guy other than his presence swings the campaign to whatever side he's playing on. His side doesn't always win but you can't deny it changes the campaign. Maybe it's his core group, I don't know. It's such an interesting dynamic though. If he ever comes to AD again I hope I get a chance to group with him if only to see first hand how it's done.

that bowling ball fabricant is absolutely hilarious...no so good for small scale - but, a blast in zergs...

have you given transmutation a try - right now my magplar goes with transmutation, spc, and earthgore...if i time my pots and ult use (usually either barrier or remembrance for defense) well, it can take a few folks to take him down...

no doubt, as long as you yourself are not too emotionally involved - the player dynamics in cyrodiil are super interesting...

i see gooch running with just one or two others a bunch...so, it's not like they have pocket healers and tanks to roll with all the time...

not to downplay these individuals choice of how they spend their time - but, i mean - what exactly does it take to average a million AP a day...even on a good day you have to figure you'd need to play a good six plus hours...

i've always wondered how much AP in the bank some of the cyro lifers must have...

i mean, i 've averaged about at least 10 plus hours a week in the alliance war for years, but, i know there are a lot of folks whom make that seem like nothing...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 7, 2019 8:27PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His side doesn't always win but you can't deny it changes the campaign. Maybe it's his core group, I don't know.
    It is. Fatality (I think that's the name of the guild) is a large-ish guild with very experienced players who know what composition is, and with both leadership (crowns) and to an extent, population of experienced players dropping like a rock in all three factions, when a well-oiled machine picks a faction for the duration of the campaign, chances are good the score will swing in their favor.

To be clear, I'm not complaining. A few pages back, before the start of this campaign, I predicted a DC win. I wasn't wrong.

PvP is in really bad shape on PS4 NA. I can pretty much name every crown on EP, DC and AD. No new faces in leadership roles (at least, none apart from the occasional saturday PUG leader) for a long time. You have your Zeros, Lokis and ACs on EP, Jigsaws, Allmaddens and Sillies on DC, Addies, Demi sand HarryPotters on AD... but those players seem to be holding the game together from a team/crew/group perspective.

And then there are the guilds people affectionately call trans-factionals, who clearly can swing a campaign score to the faction they're playing on.

I'm a bit frustrated with the lack of love ZOS has shown to PvP still. My experiences these days consist of major skill lag in any good-sized fight, and I'm plagued with random unexpected load screens all the time. The load screens are awful... mid-fight, riding from keep to keep, scouting keep walls. A close second is engaging in a resource fight, where one enemy sneaks away (and doesn't die) leaving you "in combat" and unable to mount or fast travel for 10, 15 or 20 minutes.
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the stuck in combat bug drives me nuts...

I normally will pull up on the outside of a keep to switch skills out (basically replace rapids)...every once in a while I'll forget and start cussing to myself when I join the fight...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 8, 2019 8:53PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is strange is when I PvP on the EU Vivec server from Florida I rarely get stuck in combat.
    But if I use the NA Vivec server I get stuck a lot. Go figure.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last night spent most of my time parked at sejanus fighting small groups of yellow and red...

blue had just finished disposing the red emp and crowning our own...so, felt like taking a break...

it'a fun to roll around and fight and practice different rotations...

really looking forward to thursday and the "mid-year" mayhem...I play late enough that I shouldn't run into too many lengthy queues on the NA server...over on the EU server it'll be nice to have some folks to fight with at that time...

I really need to put in some work grinding AP on the EU server...I have about 750k AP in the bank now, but, I want to gather a bunch more so I can start buying all the monster set pieces I'll need later this year...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 8, 2019 7:39PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is strange is when I PvP on the EU Vivec server from Florida I rarely get stuck in combat.
    But if I use the NA Vivec server I get stuck a lot. Go figure.

I now have to make sure when playing on the NA server to use the guild roster search tool (search my own psn) to limit the game searching for guild mates all the time - it makes a dramatic difference with the game's performance...

I don't belong in any EU guilds yet...I'll probably wait til later this spring to join a guild there and start selling stuff...

not having any guilds and the smaller pops (it's usually 0 bars for everyone when I play on the EU server) I believe is what is helping my game performance there...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, most importantly - lucky for you tequila to be living in the sunshine state...

I grew up on long island, which is to say my dream as a kid was to live in florida...my senior year of high school i applied to both florida state and the university of miami...got rejected by both i believe (that and about 3 or 4 other schools)...although, i wouldn't have been able to pay even if i had been accepted...

after i got out of the military i tried moving to tampa (i love tampa and st. pete)...spent 6 months there, but, couldn't find a job...a few years later when i was having some health issues, i moved from california to orlando to stay with a good friend...

did find a job that time, but, wasn't able to make it stick...i really enjoy california (particularly the monterey area), but, florida ain't so bad either :)
    Edited by geonsocal on January 8, 2019 7:41PM
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    How come we can't mount in combat, change skills in combat, slot siege in combat. But we can res people in combat.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Switching skills in combat was supposedly something they fixed last patch. Apparently it diddnt turn out like they had planned. Or maybe it is what was intended? But now being stuck in combat for extended duration.

It’s pretty jacked up imo. And also affects PvE dungeons. Many many times find myself not able to get through a door and progress.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had it fixed for a while, at least it didn't happen as often then they broke it again with Nerfmire.
    I swear these guys have horrible version control on their code modules when they recompile,
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had it fixed for a while, at least it didn't happen as often then they broke it again with Nerfmire.
    I swear these guys have horrible version control on their code modules when they recompile,
    This. The reintroduction of old bugs is rampant in this game, and has been happening for years.
    PS4NA