Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Character Name Change

Inoki
Inoki
✭✭✭
Am I the only one who thinks 2500 Crowns for a name change is way over the top?

Suggestion would be max. 1000, no more.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 should give Race, Appearance and Name Change.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Correct. The price is too steep for smth as simple as changing a name on one toon.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you are not. There's a reason my Dark Brotherhood Silencer still has the first name I created her with instead of the name I decided fit her better later on. She should be "Maria Montclair" but I'm not paying $15 or so for a name change token.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 3, 2019 4:57PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought the race+name bundle in prep for the “balance pass” on racial passives, and because I already wanted to change on chars name. Thankfully the appearance change is built in to the race change
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Price is fine if you stock up on crowns while on sale
    ✭✭✭✭
    you could have someone report your name and change it for free

:^)
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know.
    Getting married usually changes names. This shouldn't cost anything if u want to mix names with a partner.
    On the other hand 15 dollars seems a reasonable price for character name change.
    maybe there should be a cheaper option that also puts you at level 10 or costs ingame currency :)
    I was dreaming up MMO mechanics a few years ago and I came up with a naming system where the was a communal aspect to deciding names. you could be known as one name in certain social circles and still have a common name. "nicknames"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would expect Zos reviews actual sales and would adjust the prices of those standard items if they were not selling as expected. In the end, that is what determines if a price is appropriate or not, if it sells well.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it either why would changing your race be cheaper than changing a name on paper^^
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember asking support a few years ago with that request and i got a name change for free. May not happen these days
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    I remember asking support a few years ago with that request and i got a name change for free. May not happen these days

Tried that, their answer was "Buy a token, cheapskate!". I didn't buy one ofc. It's not worth that kind of money especially since my country's currency is weak. ;)
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it either why would changing your race be cheaper than changing a name on paper^^

while one should be physically difficult the other requires a compromise of identity
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is that probably nobody pays attention to character names, just their @usernames
  • nuvak
    nuvak
    ✭✭✭
    I pay much more attention to character names than to usernames.
    Edited by nuvak on January 7, 2019 10:57PM
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wont even touch a massively multiplayer game where you cant name your character.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    heavier wrote: »
    I don't know.
    15 dollars seems a reasonable price for character name change.
    to you maybe.

Try to consider the target audience and the target country. Some currencies are significantly weaker than yours, but have to jump on the same wagon and pay (near) exact amount. If the game is intended for everyone, prices should be adjusted reasonably. Even in your country some households can't afford to waste 15 bucks on a name change of one toon - a digital item that has no value in the real world. Same with all the other pixels. But if the game is targeted at whales only then they should let us know so we can all stop playing now and they see how much will they really earn.

They do not depend on those prices I think, especially not with a semi-mandatory subscription, which I believe most have. I do as well, because I find it beneficial.

I can afford to spend 30 EUR for a token with Race and Name change, but I will not do that, because I use my brain. It's an insane price tag for something so shallow. For that amount of money I get a brand new (one or more) game(s), so why spend it on a name and race change in one game for one character?

Cutting down on prices could make sales could go up, that's common sense. Ask yourself what sells more - a million pencils for a dollar each, or one pencil for one million?
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inoki wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks 2500 Crowns for a name change is way over the top?

Suggestion would be max. 1000, no more.

YES, especially when there's stupid rules that can screw you; example: any combo of GM is not allowed and they don't even tell you.

I purchased a stupid token to change my guy's last name to Magmastar... SORRY, not allowed because gm is a combo in there....

These things are absurdly overprice for something that has a chance to not even function how you think it will.... Never felt so ripped off in my life.

This should be a free feature, tbfh. It takes nothing out of them, and provides absolutely no benefit to players unlike say... race change.... there's absolutely no justifiable reason why changing a string of text should cost money.

The fact they sell us name change is absolutely absurd...
    Edited by lagrue on January 8, 2019 1:55PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"