Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fishing is glitched out

• MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fishing buff use here and yes, it happened to me as well. During the New Life event at the special fishing holes in Shadowfen. So if it is region-specific they'll have to add Shadowfen to that list.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're currently testing a fix for this issue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    whitecrow wrote: »
    I have experienced the glitches described above, but I have also received furnishings on occasion (oddly, two at a time; last time I received a purple trout and kelp in one cast.)

Do you remember where you were?

Also, could someone from ZOS at least acknowledge that they've read this thread? I'd love to read "we'll fix this in the next patch" or similar words, but being realistic, there are bigger fish for them to fry. I don't think it would hurt to at least say that they've read this thread, though.

A lake in Murkmire, I believe. I've been trying to get the one last fish I need for a while now.
  • AngelaWasp
    AngelaWasp
    ✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell is the worst for me, I get a lot of blank nothings there.
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngelaWasp wrote: »

Me too!
    Happened a few days ago to me 3 times. Bummed me out :(
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's cool that you guys complained & it actually is something broken they're going to fix. I would have just assumed the RNG gods hate me. They always hate me. :)
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    I have experienced the glitches described above, but I have also received furnishings on occasion (oddly, two at a time; last time I received a purple trout and kelp in one cast.)

Do you remember where you were?

Also, could someone from ZOS at least acknowledge that they've read this thread? I'd love to read "we'll fix this in the next patch" or similar words, but being realistic, there are bigger fish for them to fry. I don't think it would hurt to at least say that they've read this thread, though.

A lake in Murkmire, I believe. I've been trying to get the one last fish I need for a while now.

Thank you. From what I've read so far Murkmire is the only area that wasn't affected by this problem.
    AngelaWasp wrote: »

For me the worst was SS. I got 4 "broken line" animations in sequence once.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exercising my (future) necromancer muscles.

I made a thread in the PTS sub-forum about this glitch/bug. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456202/fishing#latest

The glitch/bug is still there. :/
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can confirm the bug is still there, fishing for blue quality fish is a royal pain now, even with artaem fish bowl :\
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have received an empty pull twice in Auridon this morning.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Jerdeh
    Jerdeh
    ✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    I have 7 master anglers. Almost finished with my 8th

I’ve never seen this before but I’ve been fishing again lately and I’ve had at least 5-6 casts where I get nothing. Nothing at all. Just cast it out, wait, reel in like usual and nothing happens.

Pretty annoying. Anyone else experience this?

Yes, I have had this same issue going on. I was wondering what causes it and first thought it was just me, but after seeing this post, it for sure is a bug.
    Been playing since betas 2014
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A month later still testing?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first patch notes released for this PTS round of testing said that they were fixing that. I tried fishing and got the glitch/bug on the second fishing hole.

I haven't been able to test it again with the latest patch, but I'll try to test it today and will let you guys know what I find. I did made a thread on the PTS subforum about it.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 7 master anglers. Almost finished with my 8th.
    I am officially TERRIFIED of you.

:p
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm as of 05 Feb 2019, it is still broken. My Hubby is busy with the now painfully boring Master Angler. Half the joy of it was all the little Aquarium firnishings you could get. It's now a sad grind as you pull out empty lines wondering what furnishing that would have been. We're not even going to talk about the blue Glenumbra fish that has still not appeared after 600 odd worms (which garnered 13 and 7 green fish respectively) :( PC EU.. so far blank lines in Bankorai, Glenumbra, Rivenspire and Stormhaven.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It still glitches. I have a lot of non-catches, if you follow me. I'm working on the Master Angler achieve and it glitches out quite a bit still.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm as of 05 Feb 2019, it is still broken. My Hubby is busy with the now painfully boring Master Angler. Half the joy of it was all the little Aquarium firnishings you could get. It's now a sad grind as you pull out empty lines wondering what furnishing that would have been. We're not even going to talk about the blue Glenumbra fish that has still not appeared after 600 odd worms (which garnered 13 and 7 green fish respectively) :( PC EU.. so far blank lines in Bankorai, Glenumbra, Rivenspire and Stormhaven.

I stopped fishing all together. Last time I tried was last week on a sewer in Rivenspire IIRC. Tiny place, full of enemies with a foul fishing hole. I gave it a try, got a few empty pulls and gave up.

FYI, every single place I tried to fish since Murkmire came out has had the broken line animation. I haven't started Murkmire yet, but from other posts I gather it is the only place in game where this isn't happening.

I suspect the glitch/bug is being caused by an exception added to the code when they introduced Murkmire.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve recently been working on my fishing achievements for my main on the PS4 NA server and I can confirm all the base game zones, Imp City, Orsinium, Hew’s Bane, Gold Coast, Vvardenfell, & Clockwork City do not yield any furnishing items and I have all the rare fish in all those areas.

I am a one third of the way through Summerset and have caught 2 coral pieces so I can confirm that Summerset is dropping at least some furnishings. I have not tried Artaeum or Murkmire yet.
    Edited by Meesha1170 on February 6, 2019 8:07PM
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭

Someone posted the other day a really awesome post about what he caught for all of his toons.
    He has 30 Master Anglers!! THIRTY!
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Got several last nite. I've filed a support ticket for it, stating that I've noticed that furnishings are no longer dropping when fishing. This is the blank reel in I suppose. Send in a support ticket, so devs are made aware.
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. Probably the most on Xbox but definitely not the most ever. The dude with 30 needs mental help lol
  • Jerdeh
    Jerdeh
    ✭✭✭

Any news about the fix for this issue?
    Been playing since betas 2014
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh good! I mean, not good, but...

This happened to me last night, just once, but I was a bit flummoxed.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to wonder if it's just furnishings that aren't dropping. I've had, more than once, the glitch/bug animation show up several times in a row.
    The few times I tried fishing after confirming the problem wasn't on my end, I noticed that there is less variation on what I do catch - made up example: I'd get 3 salmons, then 2 river betty, then go back to salmon and on and on until the hole dries.

Before this bug/glitch appeared, it seemed to me that the catch (fish, furnishing, special fish, bait or container) was better "mixed" (for lack of a proper term).
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox na. This isssue is still happening, please fix!
  • Wildbloom
    Wildbloom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Furnishings can drop from fishing?! But I've been doing achievements! I got them in like 6 zones so far! So that's what's happening when I fish up nothing? Rats!

EDIT: I just checked, apparently this is being fixed in the update tomorrow (update 21). Guess I'll wait another day before fishin' again!
    Edited by Wildbloom on February 24, 2019 11:06PM
    "Hello, Skellington Pal! How are you today? Bone dry, you say? I’d offer you a glass of water, but it’d all fall through! I need more coffee."

ZOS_GinaBruno, patch 5.0.1 PTS patch notes, 4/22/2019
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is fishing broken again? I have been reeling in an empty line again and haven't been getting any furnishing items. I have only fished Coldharbour recently and in one day of fishing, I pulled the empty line 3 times. Is anyone else experiencing this, again?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Is fishing broken again? I have been reeling in an empty line again and haven't been getting any furnishing items. I have only fished Coldharbour recently and in one day of fishing, I pulled the empty line 3 times. Is anyone else experiencing this, again?

I've been spending my time in Elsweyr and didn't experience an empty line. I'll try to get some fishing done in Coldharbour on Friday and will report back.
    BWT, I don't remember ever getting a furnishing out of Coldharbour, and I began fishing there way before this glitch/bug started.