Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Outfits][Poll] Hide armor slots * Make more outfit combinations possible

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shanjijri wrote: »
    No, because everyone would choose to hide all armor and run around naked. This game is already a f***k-show and does not need to get any worse.

Bath Towel costume is already "naked" mode... Also, I remember before the outfit system that people were afraid seeing pink weapons everywhere -- I saw like one or two since the update. I'm pretty sure some people will be naked, but most will just do an outfit without shoulders and/or chest... I would like to remove shoulders and gloves for my stamblade.

Exactly what I was going to say.

When they brought in armour dyes people complained everyone would dye their armour pink or every piece a different bright colour. When they stated bringing in more costumes, especially dresses and 'skimpy' outfits like the bosmer ones people said everyone would wear them all the time, especially on fat male characters. When they allowed us to dye costumes people said everyone would dye them pink. When they brought in outfits people said everyone would be wearing the same few rare motifs or the stupidest combination they could put together. When they announced weapon dying people said everyone would dye their weapons pink (which is somehow worse than light red, which is what most people were stuck with before).

And admittedly some people did do all of that (probably the same people) but you look around any town in ESO and for every person who made their character look stupid there's at least 3 who tried to make them look good. Whether they succeeded or not is up for debate, but there's a very obvious difference between someone who tried to make their character look cool and missed the mark and someone who is going out of their way to look absurd.

I'm sure if it was possible to hide any armour piece there would be some people running around naked. I'm also sure they'd be a minority and no worse than things we can already see (like people running around naked, because if you stay in safe areas or even easy combat you don't need armour). But I'm also sure some people would use it to do interesting and creative things with their character.

Or just hide those bulky, annoying floating shoulders.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd like to hide more armor slots.
    I play mostly Nords, having them appear naked and still be able to to stuff properly would be nice! Oh, and as also mentioned in this thread, got loads of tattoos i wanna use and to be able to see. :D
    PC EU
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to bump this, rather than start a fresh thread. Got to keep it on everyone's mind.

We have these neat tats and skins, we want to show them!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please add a comment)
    I want to be able to hide shoulders.

I don't want people to be able to hide EVERYTHING, though, because you know there will be people who will just run around naked 24/7 if they could do it without losing their armor bonuses. That's just annoying.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and nol. I have no issues with hiding slots like shoulders or specifically the hip flaps, but we do not need to turn this game into a haven for pre-adolescents who cannot get a date. There are games that permit having a character half dressed and Zos needs to decide if they want ESO to become one of those games or remain an MMORPG in decent standing.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I use the outfit system for is to dye the stupid red weapons. Give me the option to hide the ridic shoulders on most things and that would be one more thing I'd use.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id also like to be able to hide the hip amd crotch flaps from the armor
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. This game needs more nude Redguard chests
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to show off some of the cool tats they provide but no one can ever see them unless you remove your armor. What's the point of having them in the game at all?

"Here's 100 body markings. You'll use 0."
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a great idea! I myself have even said this should be a thing to friends of mine, it would really offer unlimited customization without compromise.
    As far as the "then everyone will run around naked argument" obviously people will do it but i don't think it will run rampant more so then it already is or even more so then the occasional male orc in a wedding dress thing which you don't even see that often anymore.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a great idea! I myself have even said this should be a thing to friends of mine, it would really offer unlimited customization without compromise.
    As far as the "then everyone will run around naked argument" obviously people will do it but i don't think it will run rampant more so then it already is or even more so then the occasional male orc in a wedding dress thing which you don't even see that often anymore.

Yup, novelties wear off but in the end we'll be seeing more creative outfits. I'm always fascinated by the idea that "we can never do 'X' because some people will do 'Y'." Would it be the worst thing in the world to occasionally see people running around in their underwear?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on January 28, 2019 4:38AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why this isn't in the game yet.

1. Literally everyone wants it. Just look at those poll results and the number of daily Reddit posts on the topic.
    2. The feature is already available in ZOS' developer build of the game because we saw it on ESO Live a year ago. They just need to extend the feature to the players.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on November 27, 2018 10:06PM
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support hiding shoulders, because they often look so terrible.

The rest should be required.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I don't want people to be able to hide EVERYTHING, though, because you know there will be people who will just run around naked 24/7 if they could do it without losing their armor bonuses. That's just annoying.
    Yeah, I mean, where would we be if people could dress like drunken naked nord hobos...
    lDtdeRn.png
    ...oh. OH!
    I suppose the point is moot at this time, huh? :p;):trollface:

As I keep saying, the argument was valid before these costumes, and I kinda still would feel better they'd do something about this...
    ...maybe split all the costumes into "combat costumes" like armor visuals and such, and "civilian costumes" that unequip when you take a hit, just like those disguises...
    ...or maybe make a function that reduces your armor protection when you wear "lesser weight" costumes (so a "thief leather" costume would reduce you to medium armor protection even when wearing heavy, and a "bather towel" would reduce you to "no armor")...

But since they are not likely to spend the effort coding that as it would gain them no extra profits, I have to accept things as they are... and as I also mention now and then, there is a immersive explaination for all of this... if you assume that all those costumes are in fact illusion disguises (remember that one Vosh-rakh base infiltration quest in Orsinium where you go with that?) then it all makes immersive sense as is...

But following that reasoning it should be entirely possible to also enchant your sturdy armor with transparency spells to make it "see-through" so all those who want to show off their impressive tatoos or manly muscles and chest hair while still enjoying full armor protection can do it, right? As stated before, just look at Sai Sahan, those pauldrons are most likely -not- glued to his shoulders, right? ;)

And so ZOS could totally do things like that, make an "invisible armor" motiv and either sell it like those weapon packs, or more likely put the games in crown crates sometime... with different rarity depending on how they want it, like shoulders or gloves could be common, chests and boots uncommon and pants rare or something...
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just wish we could hide shoulders the same way we do helmets.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh hell yes
    I’m not addicted to outfit stations :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• IndorilArwynLlethran
    I'd love to hide shoulders.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hide shoulders.

Adding that one.

Did they add that yet??
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I would like to hide whatever piece.

Really tired of legs on female characters. If I want something short, mazzatun skirt is something too long to be "short", some costumes do a way better job for that, but I would like to wear the custom outfits.

So I would immediately hide legs for some characters and just use a longer chest piece to get the desired effect.

Also shoulders, I can do without, really, especially on certain characters who aren't bulky at all.

I really hope there will be an option to hide what we prefer.

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I think the one slot I'd focus on first is shoulders, as there are a lot of clipping issues when they interact with chests and shields of different motif styles.

Followed by belts, which generally fall into either floating buckle or clipping buckle.

same issue with quivers on bows, they are pretty bad.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I think the one slot I'd focus on first is shoulders, as there are a lot of clipping issues when they interact with chests and shields of different motif styles.

Followed by belts, which generally fall into either floating buckle or clipping buckle.

same issue with quivers on bows, they are pretty bad.
    Makes one wish we had the option to manually adjust "floating distance" by hand for shoulders, belt buckles and quivers, huh? ;)
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to see hairy Nord chests! (The men not the women.)
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because everyone would choose to hide all armor and run around naked. This game is already a f***k-show and does not need to get any worse.

I bet you're fun at parties,... (¬_¬)
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see hairy Nord chests! (The men not the women.)
    Lemme guess, you played "Dragon Age" a lot, yes?
    tumblr_m9ruhz9ttq1r3e26vo1_500.gif
    :p;):naughty:
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I want to be able to hide shoulders.

I'm with you on this one.
  • PzTnT
    PzTnT
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to hide the shoulders, gloves and boots in addition to the helmet.
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    Yes hiding shoulders would be a great start
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the great replies,
    just keep them coming to show them what we want!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_KaiSchober
    @ZOS_BillE
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_GaryA

If anyone at ZOS reads this, what's your thoughts?
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • SCSpecter
    SCSpecter
    ✭✭
    Yes, hide the some of the hideous shoulders that stick out 10 miles and clip everything in existence.