Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mighty chudan set 2-piece set bonus broken

Sharee
Sharee
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
In the video i am wearing the chudan set, which means casting channeled focus should have no effect on my damage taken(major ward and major resolve should already be permanently active from the set). I stepped out of the ground effect for the test(so no bonus from that).
However, casting focus reduces incoming uppercut damage by 12% from 1002 to 882 (without any change on the stat sheet resistance value). Means, chudan does not give its 5-piece 2-piece resistance, it only visually increases the stat sheet resistance values.

https://youtu.be/W10nBlVwqCo

Might be related to the werewolf passive not giving its resistance bonus?
Edited by Sharee on September 6, 2018 5:27AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a 2 piece set.
    Why does everybody, even Kristopher on his youtube videos, make this mistake?

Edit:
    FYI, Channeled Focus Major Ward/Resolve stick to you when you leave the rune. The 50% bonus it gives while in the rune does not.
    So stepping out of it would not show correctly how you assume. You would need to wait for the buff to expire or remove a piece of Mighty Chudan since they have the same buff.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 4, 2018 9:07PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a 2 piece set.

I'm not sure what you mean by "mistake".
    Edit:
    FYI, Channeled Focus Major Ward/Resolve stick to you when you leave the rune. The 50% bonus it gives while in the rune does not.
    So stepping out of it would not show correctly how you assume. You would need to wait for the buff to expire or remove a piece of Mighty Chudan since they have the same buff.

You seem to not understand what is happening.

1, I wear the chudan set, that means i have (should have) major ward/resolve on me permanently, from the chudan's 5-piece 2-piece bonus
    2, That means casting channeled focus should have no effect on my damage taken, since it gives me buff that i already have from chudan
    3, In the test, casting channeled focus does have effect on my damage taken when it should not. That means i am getting ward/resolve from it and not from chudan set.

I stepped out of the effect because the ground effect increases the damage reduction further and i did not want that. I simply tested whether damage taken with chudan alone will be the same as damage taken with chudan + channeled focus. It should be. It is not. Therefore, chudan is broken.
    Edited by Sharee on September 6, 2018 5:26AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    It's a 2 piece set.

Edit:

1, I wear the chudan set, that means i have (should have) major ward/resolve on me permanently, from the chudan's 5-piece bonus
    2, That means casting channeled focus should have no effect on my damage taken, since it gives me buff that i already have from chudan
    3, In the test, casting channeled focus does have effect on my damage taken when it should not. That means i am getting ward/resolve from it and not from chudan set.

I stepped out of the effect because the ground effect increases the damage reduction further and i did not want that. I simply tested whether damage taken with chudan alone will be the same as damage taken with chudan + channeled focus. It should be. It is not. Therefore, chudan is broken.

First, read your thread title: "Mighty chudan set 5-piece bonus broken"

Second, I did misunderstand because you didn't quite explain it that well in your original post.
    This could be the very same issue with the Balorgh monster set not working also and several of the special Maelstrom/Master/Asylum weapons also not working.
    You may want to add this to the posts about those then.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a 2 piece set.

Edit:

1, I wear the chudan set, that means i have (should have) major ward/resolve on me permanently, from the chudan's 5-piece bonus

I am confused. Is there another set called "Chudan" that gives you the a 5-piece bonus equivalent to the 2-piece bonus for the mighty chudan monster set? I assume there is since you have claimed such a bonus 4 times in this thread, but I don't see it on the Internet:

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

Or is there some bizarre practice of calling monster set 2-piece bonuses as 5-piece bonuses?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a 2 piece set.

Edit:

First, read your thread title: "Mighty chudan set 5-piece bonus broken"

Lol, i completely missed it, even after that hint :) Sorry about that. I'll try to edit the title.
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    I am confused. Is there another set called "Chudan" that gives you the a 5-piece bonus equivalent to the 2-piece bonus for the mighty chudan monster set?

No, i'm just so programmed to call the last set bonus "5-piece" that i automatically used it even tho chudan only has 2 pieces. My bad.
    (You could have prevented your confusion by watching the video tho, i'm showing the set tooltip inside ;))
    Edited by Sharee on September 6, 2018 8:18PM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is still an issue, I was wearing chudan In battle grounds and was getting eaten alive. All I did was slot hardened armor, and my survivability shot right up. I will try to get a video up soon.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel
    It's a 2 piece set.

Edit:

1, I wear the chudan set, that means i have (should have) major ward/resolve on me permanently, from the chudan's 5-piece 2-piece bonus

For what it is worth, in my humble opinion, the Channeled Focus buffs should "stack" with the ones conferred by the Mighty Chudan's 2-piece armor set. Indeed, your remarks imply that they do stack while the character is in the area of effect of the Rune. Why you would not want the combined benefit of both is unclear to me. Nonetheless, in a particular situation, there may be a good reason for a character to leave the Channeled Focus AoE. Regardless, if their respective buffs are not stacking, and are not designed to stack, then that should be documented, at least.

Whether the bonuses stack, you are right that the bonuses from Mighty Chudan should remain after the ones conferred by Channeled Focus are no longer in effect, whether because its Rune has expired or the character is no longer in its AoE. Their subsequent absence is evidence of a procedural "bug" in the software for the combat feature.

However, it is probably not related to the Mighty Chudan set per se. It probably affects other armor sets and/or abilities which confer the same bonuses that Channeled Focus confers (at least in some "instances"). Often the ZOS developers overlook interactions such as the situation which you described. Whether they will take the time to make the effort to find and remedy the "bug" remains to be seen.

Edited by Shadowshire on January 3, 2019 11:34PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So - as a follow-up, maybe an extended test will show it? What happens after putting on Mighty Chudan but before casting Channeled Focus, does the damage get reduced properly (to the same as with Channeled Focus active)? In other words, is the bug about Mighty Chudan providing Major Resolve/Ward only in numbers, or is the bug about those buffs expiring when Channeled Focus falls off, even though they should've been kept indefinitely because of Mighty Chudan?
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    So - as a follow-up, maybe an extended test will show it? What happens after putting on Mighty Chudan but before casting Channeled Focus, does the damage get reduced properly (to the same as with Channeled Focus active)? In other words, is the bug about Mighty Chudan providing Major Resolve/Ward only in numbers, or is the bug about those buffs expiring when Channeled Focus falls off, even though they should've been kept indefinitely because of Mighty Chudan?
    Unfortunately, I play a character that is currently equipped with the Mighty Chudan's Epaulets, but not the hat/helm/helmet.

So I cannot test the Mighty Chudan's two-piece set with regard to answering your questions. But it should be easy to determine whether the Mighty Chudan's buffs are applied when both pieces of the set are equipped. It should also be evident whether casting Channeled Focus adds its buffs to those of the set.

My guess is that when Channeled Focus expires (or the character moves too far from its AoE), then its buffs are removed, but the buffs from Might Chudan's are also removed -- regardless of whether their respective buffs "stack".

However, it is possible that casting Channeled Focus removes the Might Chudan's buffs entirely (to prevent their respective buffs from "stacking"), but the Mighty Chudan's buffs are not restored after the Channeled Focus buffs expire.

As far as I'm concerned, ZOS needs to investigate this, determine what happens, and rectify the evident erroneous outcome.

Edited by Shadowshire on January 4, 2019 12:26AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please make sure this works...
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Grakdrogru
    Grakdrogru
    ✭✭
    Same here dk

2x Chudan (without Hardened Armor) = 877 damage.

2x Chudan (Hardened Armor) = 764 damage.

1x Chudan (Hardened Armor) = 877 damage.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a 2 piece set.

Edit:

The stam one gives extra 50% whilst standing in it, ATOP the majors. (I forget which is stam and which is mag)
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a 2 piece set.

Edit:

The stam one gives extra 50% whilst standing in it, ATOP the majors. (I forget which is stam and which is mag)

That's why i wrote in the original post
    I stepped out of the ground effect for the test(so no bonus from that).