Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Customize Your Home with 3D Essential Effects(tm) (BETA) from Essential Housing Tools

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catsmoke14 wrote: »
    Hey R_K, your pet rabbit is what I was talking about. Now just put in a guard figure (Back I guess) and we could place it on the walls like your rabbit in this screenshot from Strident Springs tower:

wwl0jr.jpg

Or give the guard a back, left side, right side and front like this box I threw together on PTS (he could be in full plate with pot helm):

2rca6uc.jpg

@Catsmoke14 Haha, omg -- I love this idea. And sorry - I think I missed your first post. I'll tell you what -- if you post a screen shot of the guard's silhouette that you want me to use - or another picture of a guard's silhouette [that is copyright free] - I will make it into a Guard effect ;-) Just needs to be a clear shot that is unobstructed and in which the camera is looking straight at the guard. (Though, ideally if you can find a texture that is on a transparent background already, it will look way, way, way better.)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    h9ry13p575xn.png
    vpr9dvmzelkn.png
    3u7n5tprrs17.png
    wl4zdpf7nvby.png

So cute! Haha. I'll try to add more varieties (or at least more angles) to compliment that rabbit -- apparently a lot of people are digging the bunnies.

And the stained glass window looks amazing in that oculus by the way... very clever ;)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    cardi, you changed funnel cloud completely? great job, but can you keep the old one also available? used it in a house, looked brilliant, but new one will look brilliant somewhere else and I had to delete the old version in the first house

Oh really??? I received feedback from a number of people about the [admittedly] terrible clipping that was occurring with my original Funnel Cloud. I mean, it really was bad in that sense. ;) I'll see if I can make it work as it was though. But sorry for the swapping and stuff -- I should have probably left the feature in a Beta state for longer in hindsight. =P
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    For me the big thing is atmospherics. My most desperate desire in housing is to be able to control the time of day. Your skies are wonderful though objects can look a little weird against the darker ones. The biggest problem is that the skies do not effect the lighting, which remains whatever time of day it is in the game. The Veil of Darkness is great for introducing a pervading sense of gloom, which is great for a couple of my properties. Alas, I cannot achieve true nighttime. Yet. I'm sure you're working on it. So... can you hurry that up? LOL

I do really LOVE that I can have snow not only in my snowglobe but in another house I designed to be snowy as well. Thank you so much for all you do!

@MornaBaine You are so welcome! :) I'm glad that the snow effects were useful in those properties for you! <3

I have been researching [ongoing] other ways that I may be able to further influence the textures of standard items in the home to help tie together all of the Sky, Darkness and Weather effects. If/when I figure it out, you know that the very next release will have it ... ;-)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    For me the big thing is atmospherics. My most desperate desire in housing is to be able to control the time of day. Your skies are wonderful though objects can look a little weird against the darker ones. The biggest problem is that the skies do not effect the lighting, which remains whatever time of day it is in the game. The Veil of Darkness is great for introducing a pervading sense of gloom, which is great for a couple of my properties. Alas, I cannot achieve true nighttime. Yet. I'm sure you're working on it. So... can you hurry that up? LOL

I do really LOVE that I can have snow not only in my snowglobe but in another house I designed to be snowy as well. Thank you so much for all you do!

@MornaBaine You are so welcome! :) I'm glad that the snow effects were useful in those properties for you! <3

I have been researching [ongoing] other ways that I may be able to further influence the textures of standard items in the home to help tie together all of the Sky, Darkness and Weather effects. If/when I figure it out, you know that the very next release will have it ... ;-)

And this is why we love you!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭

Hey R_K, here is a possible image of a guard. It is from "Pixabay" and has a "CCO" creative commons usage tag.

The guy in the post below thinks this would make a good suit of armor so I'll leave it. It's hidden anyway.

2remss5.jpg
    [/spoiler}
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on January 3, 2019 1:50PM
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    I would not be upset over having a suit of armor to put into my house(s), so that would still be cool.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K I just wanted to say thank you once again for all you do.

I realize this must take hours of your free time and you do such amazing work without a single complaint. You are very humble and gracious and a true talent.

Thank you for giving all of us housing artists the paints and brushes to create our own masterpieces.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying this holiday season. Make sure to take time out for yourself as well <3
  • Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    I love the floor textures. Would a rocky cave floor effect be possible?
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alkapton wrote: »
    I love the floor textures. Would a rocky cave floor effect be possible?

They added a rock , sand ,mud, dirt , stone , grassy stone and other floor effects. Everyday there’s new additions this morning was a rainbow n brick wall
    Edited by Krainor1974 on December 31, 2018 1:28AM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    h9ry13p575xn.png
    vpr9dvmzelkn.png
    3u7n5tprrs17.png
    wl4zdpf7nvby.png

So cute! Haha. I'll try to add more varieties (or at least more angles) to compliment that rabbit -- apparently a lot of people are digging the bunnies.

And the stained glass window looks amazing in that oculus by the way... very clever ;)

If on weekends you see me online in DDA’s guild chat let me know and I show you what I been doing with homes. I love the new funnel, I made one dark blue like a water spout and it’s at my Hundings, lol.
    The new square stained glass is amazing I was able to use it to finish my Linchal, all windows are now stained glass.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on December 31, 2018 1:36AM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Amaya Lake lodge
    014cm08wusju.jpeg
    vv5xcpf5afr8.jpeg
    vfj1vd3s3f0h.jpeg
    cziuekb84453.jpeg
    Here’s a Linchal shot with the square stained glass.
    3cqrs7v67z0g.jpeg
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K if you came across some doors that you can add that be awesome.
    Happy Holidays
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Embarrassing, but in a good way (LOL).
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on January 4, 2019 2:25PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Temple
    eomdoum3c4r6.png
    6cvopewtgwiz.png
    5wbiwiow2z8m.png
    yfgbzvwcdtym.png
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Hey R_K. Those two original images didn't have the best quality for a variety of reasons, some I don't even know about I'm sure. Thx.
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on January 4, 2019 2:31PM
  • trowlk
    trowlk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @R_K I know little about what it takes to add images such as those water and waterfall animations.

I was wondering if you are able to take in game objects such as the lake, stream and ocean water and add it as an effect for your add-on. Naturally its quality should increase according to the user's video settings.

I hope you get what I'm trying to say! Happy new year!
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K saw you are busy adding sound effects, could you have a look at threatening sounding thunderstorms? if you can , could you als look for a sky effect with matching properties? will give us a chance to totally change ambience of an house..

could you also give us a sneak preview what your near future planning is? like triggering effects etc etc etc?

ty
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K brilliant job one the nemo fishes!

but they don't show behind the aquarium glass...……………….
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone discovered whether FPS inside a house can improve when the large and complex furniture is simply lowered below ground? It seems like a video card would have an easier time processing without the clutter, but the cpu tends to be more of a bottleneck in my own experience.

What I'm getting at is the issue raised over not being able to duel inside a cluttered house without a drop in performance, and it ties in with item caps in housing. If there were an option available that could make the complex furniture go away temporarily during combat and return after the fight is over, either sinking below ground or getting stored in bag space before combat status kicks in, perhaps the item cap issue could be overcome. It might make it easier on current housing hobbyists to experience combat in their home while keeping the house looking extravagant outside of combat.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on January 3, 2019 10:18PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a ton for the door ,as you can see already installing em ,lol.

d46zpxrlzauz.png
    0yozkswhcvv2.png
    52cbckgj4732.jpg
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG this addon is like... A MOD! :open_mouth:

Insanely awesome
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I really love this add-on. Second, I'm new to it. Third, having a bit of a problem. I painstakingly installed a series of stained glass effects on the third floor of Alinor Townhouse. The problem is that it (and the aquarium glass) disappears, seemingly randomly but somewhat dependent on the position of my character. Any advice on how to fix this? It only started doing this last night. It was fine before. Here's what I mean:

Woohoo, I love my stained glass and aquarium!
    2ai0s5c.png

Oh dear, I moved slightly and it's gone!
    2jb1mpe.png

(Also, is there a way to make the gridlines line up properly with the house or turn them off completely?)
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Wintergreen, click the gears icon on the lower right - there will be "buttons" to enable or disable grid lines etc, and an "adjust" feature that allows you to scale and reorient the grid. Hope that helps.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, @Catsmoke14, that did, indeed, work. There's so much to learn (and I'm having so much fun)!

Per my problem, one of the Divines helped me out. All is well and beauty has been restored.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Elissn
    Elissn
    ✭✭✭
    Had to try it out finally. I only did some quick tests but I love it already! Huge thanks for creating this wonderful addon! Housing wouldn't be the same without it -obviously. It opens the way for so much creativity! Simply amazing!

The paintings are exactly what I needed to fill the wall thingies in the Psijic Villa (I have no clue how they're called in English). I used the ice sheet as glass because it looks more rough than the plain glass.
    Without glass: Rather unrealistic...
    d8PXvC5.png
    ...with glass: Perfection!
    8Z5yVMF.png

Next thing I tried was to create a nebula / night sky to cover the ceiling of my scrying chamber. I used colored fog and fireflies. Due to the layering issues other people already mentioned I had to place the fireflies far below the fog, otherwise it would look like this:
    5IyH74A.png
    But is still works! (From below that is. When I stand on the balcony the fireflies are more in the middle of the room rather then at the ceiling.)
    hhYHnT5.png

And then I made some additions to my srcying pool.
    kZPqrzm.png
    It works so well with the scrying functionality effect I implemented some time ago.
    AzPbtCw.png
    QmkmlLr.png

Did you plan to let us change the transparency of an object? To make some things less massive, like the rune effects. Right now they stand out quite a bit, which can be great, but I'd prefer if I could make them more subtle. Just an idea.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K saw you saying you reworked sky effects

q9d3kcuu1bk2.png

how to dodge that shaded background stuff?

hope you find some time to answer some forum questions
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pull the sword and rule Tamriel
    xflrimqu3xwa.png
    zgqqc4865e14.png
    tl2zih60pxlq.png
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally armories i can see