Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Bug Report] Questline in Deshaan - Message to Mournhold unavailable

Obsydiandragon
I've completed the Obsidian Gorge quest, but the next quest wasn't given. I could talk to Varon Davel, but he didn't give me any quests to head to Mournhold and now he isn't at Obsidian Gorge any more. I've tried finding the Ordinators in the entrances to the city, but they don't give me the quest either, so I cannot continue with the main questline. I have contacted support ingame, but gotten no response so far so am posting here. Maybe someone found a solution?
  • Haarvenu
    Haarvenu
    Soul Shriven
    Try to speak to Naryu Virian outside the Tribunal Temple or inside Flaming Nix tavern.
    Or check your quest diary, maybe you already have "A Favor Returned" active quest.

For more info: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:A_Favor_Returned
  • Obsydiandragon
    Haarvenu wrote: »
    Try to speak to Naryu Virian outside the Tribunal Temple or inside Flaming Nix tavern.
    Or check your quest diary, maybe you already have "A Favor Returned" active quest.

For more info: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:A_Favor_Returned

I don't have that quest either and Naryu isn't in either of those places, unfortunately.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you talk to Ordinator Kilao in the Mournhold Fighters Guild? You need to tell Ordinator Kilao about the Maulborn and the Llodos Plague.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Obsydiandragon
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Did you talk to Ordinator Kilao in the Mournhold Fighters Guild? You need to tell Ordinator Kilao about the Maulborn and the Llodos Plague.

Yeah, unfortunately, he isn't giving me anything either. That was a good try, I'd forgotten about him.
    I keep going back to where I found Varan (sp?) at the Obsidian Gorge, but he isn't there anymore. Unless I'm missing something, I'm 75% of the way through the 'main story' and just can't go any further :C
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    ✭✭✭
    Go to Mournhold and check the bridge that links the city to the northern part of Deshaan. From the city wayshrine, follow the road that leads next to bank, this should lead you to that bridge and to your npc quest giver. If he's not there, check with the Ordinator from the gate that leads to the Undaunted Enclave. The quest line is not bugged, the reason you don't have a quest marker is that the npc himself will give you a new quest that opens up the Shadowfen saga.
  • Obsydiandragon
    CristiC wrote: »
    Go to Mournhold and check the bridge that links the city to the northern part of Deshaan. From the city wayshrine, follow the road that leads next to bank, this should lead you to that bridge and to your npc quest giver. If he's not there, check with the Ordinator from the gate that leads to the Undaunted Enclave. The quest line is not bugged, the reason you don't have a quest marker is that the npc himself will give you a new quest that opens up the Shadowfen saga.

Are you still talking about the Ordinators? I've tried talking to all three (two?) of them and none will give me a quest. They tell me 'everyone must register' but no quest to talk to Rivaal (sp?). I figured it was bugged because there *is* a quest that takes me from Obsidian Gorge to the Ordinators in the city.
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    ✭✭✭
    The npc I'm talking about is not an Ordinator. Also, keep in mind, that if you already went to Stormhold and picked up the quests there, you may have also picked up the faction quest(investigate some dead bodies).
  • Obsydiandragon
    The npc I'm talking about is not an Ordinator. Also, keep in mind, that if you already went to Stormhold and picked up the quests there, you may have also picked up the faction quest(investigate some dead bodies).

Ah ok. I cannot find any quests at all in Mournhold that I can pick up, so the quest giver i'm looking for isn't here either. Fairly certain I have not picked up any Stormhold quests, however. I still need to complete half of Deshaan, so not technically ready to go to Shadowfen yet?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah ok. I cannot find any quests at all in Mournhold that I can pick up, so the quest giver i'm looking for isn't here either. Fairly certain I have not picked up any Stormhold quests, however. I still need to complete half of Deshaan, so not technically ready to go to Shadowfen yet?

@Obsydiandragon

Aha! That's the problem. If you still have half of Deshaan to do, then you haven't done the prerequisites to finish Obsidian Gorge and Mournhold and move on to Stormhold.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Obsydiandragon
    Aha! That's the problem. If you still have half of Deshaan to do, then you haven't done the prerequisites to finish Obsidian Gorge and Mournhold and move on to Stormhold.

As far as I'm aware, I've done all the quests on the left side of Deshaan, actually. Thus is my problem :} I've done Obsidian Gorge, but cannot continue. I don't need to get to Stormhold just yet, I want the quest to continue through Mournhold and the Tribunal, but I cannot.
    Edited by Obsydiandragon on December 29, 2018 5:11AM
  • Obsydiandragon
    @Hippie4927

As far as I'm aware, I've done all the quests on the left side of Deshaan, actually. Thus is my problem :} I've done Obsidian Gorge, but cannot continue. I don't need to get to Stormhold just yet, I want the quest to continue through Mournhold and the Tribunal, but I cannot.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Hippie4927

@Obsydiandragon

Have you done everything listed below up to "A Message to Mournhold", most especially "Death Trap", "Payback", and "Plague Bringer"? If you have done all of that and still don't get the Message to Mournhold quest, then I suppose you need to submit a bug report. I don't know what else it could be.

Deshaan
    A Letter for Deshaan: Deliver a letter to a refugee's cousin in Deshaan.
    Bad Medicine: Discover the source of the Llodos Plague.
    Proprietary Formula: Collect samples of the Maulborn curative.
    Quest For the Cure: Create a real cure for the Llodos Plague.
    The Llodos Plague: Alert the Narsis guard to the Maulborn plot.
    For Their Own Protection: Investigate the disappearances in Narsis.
    Unwanted Guests: Help House Hlaalu prepare to seal the town.
    Fighting Back: Find the location of a secret meeting place.
    Ratting Them Out: Disrupt a meeting of agitated citizens.
    A Timely Matter: Get weapons for townsfolks.
    Hiding in Plain Sight: Help rescue the missing Narsis villagers.
    Tracking the Plague: Track the Llodos Plague across Redolent Loam.
    Death Trap: Find out what's happening in the Obsidian Gorge.
    Payback: Infect the Maulborn with their own plague.
    Plague Bringer: Locate and defeat the creator of the Llodos Plague.
    Message to Mournhold: Take a report of the events at Obsidian Gorge to the Ordinators of Mournhold.
    A Favor Returned: Register your presence in the Ebonheart Pact's capital.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on January 2, 2019 1:36AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Obsydiandragon
    Have you done everything listed below up to "A Message to Mournhold", most especially "Death Trap", "Payback", and "Plague Bringer"? If you have done all of that and still don't get the Message to Mournhold quest, then I suppose you need to submit a bug report. I don't know what else it could be.

As far as I can figure, I can only check the achievements I've gotten, which is Plague Ender. I have completed Serk, Narsis, Malak's Maw, Muth Gnaar, Bethanul, Obsidian Gorge, Deepcrag Den, Mzithumz, Shad Astula, Ghost Snake, Silent Mire and Tal'Diek Fortess. The quests for Eidolon's Hollow, Saint Veloth and Selfora will not pop up for me and I've looked everywhere. I think I read somewhere that Selfora doesn't crop up until after Mournhold, so that's that.

I'm not 100% sure what all quests I've done, but these four don't sound familiar atm.

Tracking the Plague: Track the Llodos Plague across Redolent Loam.
    Death Trap: Find out what's happening in the Obsidian Gorge.
    Payback: Infect the Maulborn with their own plague.
    Plague Bringer: Locate and defeat the creator of the Llodos Plague.

• Obsydiandragon
    @Hippie4927

I think those last four are the Obsidian Gorge, which I've completed.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Obsydiandragon

Check your journal under Achievements/Quests/Ebonheart Pact/Plague Eater/and Plague Ender

If it shows that you have completed Plague Eater and Plague Ender, then, like I said, you have a bug and need to report it. If you haven't completed those, then you missed something.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Obsydiandragon
    Check your journal under Achievements/Quests/Ebonheart Pact/Plague Eater/and Plague Ender

If it shows that you have completed Plague Eater and Plague Ender, then, like I said, you have a bug and need to report it. If you haven't completed those, then you missed something.

Yeah, this is my problem. I have 1/3 of the Plague Eater, but as the quest to Mournhold isn't there, I can't continue. I've tried reporting this bug three times in game and gotten zero response. Not even an automated email. So that's why I'm here :C I was hoping someone had a solution here.
  • Obsydiandragon
    Here's to hoping bumping is allowed and the devs see this.
  • Obsydiandragon
    White means you have started that questline but not finished it. Which one shows in white?

Just found this and would like some clarification on the Almanac, if possible? If you recall, I have the issue of not being able to complete Deshaan area. However, looking at my Almanac, it shows Obsidian Gorge is checked, but all the other four are white. If I cannot complete Mournhold, how did I start the other three? Or does that mean, I've simply discovered their location?
    White means you have started that questline but not finished it. Which one shows in white?

Just found this and would like some clarification on the Almanac, if possible? If you recall, I have the issue of not being able to complete Deshaan area. However, looking at my Almanac, it shows Obsidian Gorge is checked, but all the other four are white. If I cannot complete Mournhold, how did I start the other three? Or does that mean, I've simply discovered their location?

EDIT: yeah, it's not starting the questline that turns it white, it's actually discovering the location. Rather not very helpful in the long run for me, personally, but there it is for anyone else :}

@Obsydiandragon

In your regular quest journal, do you have any quests for Deshaan? If so, which ones?

Also, you have probably done this already but I will ask anyway........Have you looked for Registrar Riival in the Mournhold City Center?

Yeah, I've talked to him :} Unfortunately, he doesnt give me a quest either. I've looked for Almalexia as well, going up the line to quests to check to see if I've mistakenly done those and forgotten, but she isn't there at all.

I currently cannot find any more quests inside Deshaan to do. I cannot complete the other two until I get Mournhold finished.