Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How does a Stam character proc Swamp Raider's buff?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not seeing it. If you were a Stam dps all of your damage attacks would therefore be Stamina based. Do you really have to sacrifice an ability slot with a noodle hitting Magic skill in order to use this set?

Had another gander at the DK class skills and I guess Flames of Oblivion would work? It's a skill used by StamDKs but costs Magic to cast.
Edited by ArchMikem on December 30, 2018 1:23AM
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swamp Raider no longer works that way, instead working like Automaton: flat weapon damage increase to disease and poison damage abilities.
    Back when it did need a magicka ability to proc, stam DKs would use Flames of Oblivion because it does cost magicka and you're bound to use that ability anyways. That set synergized really well on stam DKs, since they have a handful of poison abilities.
    Edited by Froil on December 30, 2018 1:53AM
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • majorana
    majorana
    ✭✭
    btw the set was modified, the current 5 piece bonus is: Adds 400 Weapon Damage to your Poison and Disease Damage abilities.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got it, seems the page on Fextralife isn't up to date.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could be interessting on a StamDK, i am looking forward for testing and i owned the complete set.
    Love my Stamsorc
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still can’t make a build with it, dks have only three poison skills and nbs have four decease skills of the top of my head ignore bow for now but both classes use physical attacks as well and swamp doesn’t buff vigor which is needed on a Nbs

Automation on a stamsorc is good as you don’t have to use vigor for your heals and your heals are a static number which make automation good for stamsorcs

So for both classes bone pirate is better choice I just can’t build with swamp raider the best I got was a tank build but it still wasn’t good as didn’t buff other skills needed

Although thinking about it more I have another theory build I will give a try and see how it works