Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My hopes for racial passive changes

dazee
dazee
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Best case scenario would be magicka and stam options for every race. they don't need to be the same options as long as theyre all good for something related to both types of builds.

Worst case would be big nerfs in which case race would make even LESS of a difference and that would make me happy too! I want to play the races I want, I dont like the developers being racist towards my playstyle.
Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • cbritomiranda
    cbritomiranda
    ✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    Best case scenario would be magicka and stam options for every race. they don't need to be the same options as long as theyre all good for something related to both types of builds.

Worst case would be big nerfs in which case race would make even LESS of a difference and that would make me happy too! I want to play the races I want, I dont like the developers being racist towards my playstyle.

That's a cool dream. Like Khajiits have a Spell Critical too. it would be very interesting to have a khajiit mage
    Arielle Pendragon [] High Elf - Sorcerer [DD]
    Ataena Zastee [] Khajiit - Nightblade [DD]
    Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Nightblade [DD]
    Angeline Pendragon [] Breton - Templar [Healer]
    Freyja Stone-Singer [] Nord - Dragonknight [Tanker]
    Raelys the Flame [] High Elf - Dragonknight [Healer]
    Anne-Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Warden [Healer]
    Fairynn Frost-Moon [] Nord - Warden [Tanker]
    Asrin the Wise [] Khajiit - Sorcerer [DD]
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A stam and magicka option to choose from for each race would be cool.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be nice however I think they plan more along the lines of making passives designated to roles so if you want to play as a tank, you will get 3 unique passives and so on for each role.

IMO and probably not popular but if they want to make classes more balanced than they should remove all passives that give a 10% increase into an attribute and make the increase into attributes available thru CP to allow for players to not have 3 wasted passives because you wanted to play a Breton Stam Warden etc.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only best scenario is if they would buff Nords and not touch anything else.

I don't want to suffer as a tank or healer because some DPS min - maxer is forcing every race changes so that they can have better DPS...
    40K DPS ! That is great ! But wait.. You can do 50K DPS ?! No, how did you do that ?? Om my... you can do 60K DPS ?! That is impossible ! !
    WHAT ? You can do 70L DPS ???? NO WAY... !

I am sick of it. It seems that it shows up in almost every topic on this forums. DPS, DPS, DPS ! Just like it was the only thing that there is. IMHO we should keep every role on equal level of importance. Because it simply looks like the only one with numbers or "points" is being favoured.

Yeah.. that is kinda weird. Is that the reason ? Numbers ? So if we add something like DBPS (Damage Blocked Per Second) for tanks or DHPS (Damage Healed Per Second) for healers the 2 other roles will become more popular ? Is that it ?
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 25, 2018 9:46AM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am seriously hoping they’re gonna do the magicka/stamina variations for the races. People won’t have to be stuck to 1 or 2 races to be efficient.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any race can play any class efficiently currently, just a few races are considered minmaxed.

I use a breton for my magplar, I still outparse altmers and dunmers templars I meet.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Bosmer magplar will probably be happy with any changes that don't nerf her BiS for Cute. ;)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's so hard not not to say something negative given past decisions towards balance I am going to not say anything this time...
    Playing since beta...
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »

That's a cool dream. Like Khajiits have a Spell Critical too. it would be very interesting to have a khajiit mage

Khajiit did have +10% critical damage modifier that applied to spells at launch.
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't want to suffer as a tank or healer because some DPS min - maxer is forcing every race changes so that they can have better DPS...
    40K DPS ! That is great ! But wait.. You can do 50K DPS ?! No, how did you do that ?? Om my... you can do 60K DPS ?! That is impossible ! !

I am sick of it. It seems that it shows up in almost every topic on this forums. DPS, DPS, DPS ! Just like it was the only thing that there is. IMHO we should keep every role on equal level of importance. Because it simply looks like the only one with numbers or "points" is being favoured.

Yeah.. that is kinda weird. Is that the reason ? Numbers ? So if we add something like DBPS (Damage Blocked Per Second) for tanks or DHPS (Damage Healed Per Second) for healers the 2 other roles will become more popular ? Is that it ?

It's not like DPS is the result of the tanks, healers and DDs doing their jobs, is it?

DPS kills the boss in the end. Yes, DPS is everything!
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish tanks and healers could do more dps in this game especially tanks, its one reason why I love tanking in some other games but hate it in ESO.

But its also bad to be forced to play certain races and build cookie cutter to do decent dps, then theres no point to even having a build system if you have to build a certain way regardless.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not like DPS is the result of the tanks, healers and DDs doing their jobs, is it?

DPS kills the boss in the end. Yes, DPS is everything!

I agree with the bold, just not how it is achieved in eso. I'd rather the healer restore resources and health, and the tank make everyone tougher, then have the dps worry about eliminating enemies.

Instead we have healers giving dps damag, tanks weakening enemies to let the dps do more damage (or even giving them damage wearing two medium or one light armor set), and dps doing damage.

So when you hear people say "I'm tired of nothing but damage", they *might* be asking for that.

Hopefully racial passives are the start of a shift from the focus on damage.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be neat to have 10 or so different racial passives and be allowed to pick 3 out of the entire bunch to tailor your playstyle.