The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fishing is glitched out

N0TPLAYER2
N0TPLAYER2
✭✭✭✭✭
I have 7 master anglers. Almost finished with my 8th

I’ve never seen this before but I’ve been fishing again lately and I’ve had at least 5-6 casts where I get nothing. Nothing at all. Just cast it out, wait, reel in like usual and nothing happens.

Pretty annoying. Anyone else experience this?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it has been happening since the Murkmire update. It is believed that it is furnishing items that are not showing up. It is, also, believed that since it is 'only fishing' that ZOS won't fix it anytime soon.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    Anyone else experience this?

Yes. On ps4na

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that the fishing tables from Summerset or Artaenum is being applied but because you are not there you get a empty catch instead?
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Lasinagol
    Lasinagol
    ✭✭✭
    I made a post about it in the Bugs department and have sent a few tickets. Some people have been getting fish furnishings, from Murkmire. Everyone I've talked to on ps4 na hasn't gotten furnishings anywhere else. I thought it was the Arteaum Pickled Fishbowl...
    Altmer Supremist, filthy spell slinger since Nerevar was assasinated
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lasinagol wrote: »
    I thought it was the Arteaum Pickled Fishbowl...

I also use this while I fish.

Maybe something here

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Lasinagol
    Lasinagol
    ✭✭✭
    Had the same problem while using Hissimir Fish Eye Rye. I got furnishings pre-Murkmire, and in Murkmire. Nowhere else, and I checked. Someone previously mentioned something about a loot table...could the adding of a new item have broken them?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try /bug maybe?
  • THEMourningLily
    THEMourningLily
    ✭✭✭
    Yep... I've been getting that bug as well. Cast my line - sometimes it vibrates and I pull in my line and nothing there. Other times I cast my line and it never vibrates, the animation never changes and then out of nowhere, my line breaks like I waited to long to hit the A button and reel it in - even though I never got any indication that it was time to do that.

And yes, it's been ages since I found a furnishing item while fishing - and I fish a lot. Just finished out my Master Angler title last night on my main toon. Seems another dlc update bug has reared it's ugly head.
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Lasinagol
    Lasinagol
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many people missed out on making their own acquarium because of it...
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a thing. Iv put in bug reports, and put it in the bug section. No one bothered to respawn to them.... cause its fishing.. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 4, 2023 4:51PM
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lasinagol wrote: »
    I made a post about it in the Bugs department and have sent a few tickets. Some people have been getting fish furnishings, from Murkmire. Everyone I've talked to on ps4 na hasn't gotten furnishings anywhere else. I thought it was the Arteaum Pickled Fishbowl...

PC NA here. I can assure you it isn't the food because I haven't used any and had the same thing happen to me in various regions. The ones I know, because I began paying attention, are: CWC, Vvardenfell, Eastmarch, Grahtwood and SS.

I made a bug report through the game 3 weeks ago (I know when it was because I checked my tickets yesterday when I was trying to create an account here to post about this).

I also know that there is more than one thread about the line snapping/no furnishing dropping in this forum AND I noticed the problem before the first thread was created - when I noticed a pattern I came here to see if other people had the same problem too.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , sorry to bother you with my very first post on the forum, and to do so on Christmas day, but could you please pass the info about this issue to the appropriate person/people?

Merry Christmas to all.

P.S.: I'll try to track down the other threads and if I can, will post the links here.

Edited to add links to the other threads I've found:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/449191/fishing-furniture-not-dropping#latest
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/446575/occasionally-not-receiving-any-item-when-fishing#latest

Edited again to add one more reference to this issue. It's the last post on this thread :
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5659938/#Comment_5659938

Another edit: this was the oldest thread I found so far (Oct 26) and I was already having the problem when this was posted:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/442969/fishing-doesnt-drop-furnishings-anymore#latest

I also found this one:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/445656/fishing-bugged-again#latest
    Edited by KMarble on December 25, 2018 9:56PM
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im going to go fishing in Murkmire, and see if thats broken. I know that every place in normal Tamriel is.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adding my voice to this. its been slightly annoying to fish lately. I genuinely thought I was doing something wrong, or one of my addons was breaking something, until seeing other people with the same issue

please. at least bump it up on your priority list, zos? there is a decent number of your players that do fish. and a fair amount of those who like building aquariums
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im going to go fishing in Murkmire, and see if thats broken. I know that every place in normal Tamriel is.

I get furnishings when fishing in Murkmire. It is the rest of Tamriel that is broken.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve never seen this before but I’ve been fishing again lately and I’ve had at least 5-6 casts where I get nothing. Nothing at all. Just cast it out, wait, reel in like usual and nothing happens.

I dont see the problem, isn't this how fishing works IRL
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have experienced the glitches described above, but I have also received furnishings on occasion (oddly, two at a time; last time I received a purple trout and kelp in one cast.)
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it isn't how fishing works in a video game though, especially this video game. IRL is completely irrelevant when it comes to video game mechanics and when said mechanics are BUGGED
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    adding my voice to this. its been slightly annoying to fish lately. I genuinely thought I was doing something wrong, or one of my addons was breaking something, until seeing other people with the same issue

please. at least bump it up on your priority list, zos? there is a decent number of your players that do fish. and a fair amount of those who like building aquariums

Same here.

The other day I was fishing for the last fish in Eastmarch and realized I'm not enjoying fishing as much anymore. In fact, I left the fishing spot soon after I caught the fish I needed. I cast the line one last time after that fish and it was an empty/broken line animation, so I quit. I've only ever left a fishing spot if it ran dry or I ran out of bait.

Before I realized that the furnishings drops were broken I looked forward to fishing and would stop my quests whenever I saw a fishing spot. I knew that getting all the fish from an area wasn't easy, but it came with the small thrill of getting some furnishing out of the holes.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

it isn't how fishing works in a video game though, especially this video game. IRL is completely irrelevant when it comes to video game mechanics and when said mechanics are BUGGED

*Tries to make a joke* I'll leave now
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did my master angler recently and never done it before. So i thought it would be normal :)
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    FIX?
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    I have experienced the glitches described above, but I have also received furnishings on occasion (oddly, two at a time; last time I received a purple trout and kelp in one cast.)

Do you remember where you were?

Also, could someone from ZOS at least acknowledge that they've read this thread? I'd love to read "we'll fix this in the next patch" or similar words, but being realistic, there are bigger fish for them to fry. I don't think it would hurt to at least say that they've read this thread, though.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that the holidays are over.......... @ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow this thread got tagged in the Dev Tracker which I can only assume means that THINGS are happening.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Dev Tracker sent me here
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, normally will happen at least once, every couple of fishing holes for me.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    Hi Dev Tracker sent me here

Do you need more info/detail aside from what have been shared in this thread?

thank you and @Recremen for letting us know that the thread got tagged.
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 master anglers?

You should be detained in an insane asylum.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone forgot they were on their personal account.......

#devtrackerbooboos2019
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)