The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Player Skeletons?

CodyFurlong
CodyFurlong
✭✭
So I was going into the bank last night to deposit some things when I happen to see this guy standing there. How is such a thing possible? Is it a mod or something?
vgr60y.png
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow. - Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its a costume
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • tilolyen_ESO
    tilolyen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Its an item (trophy) you get for a quest line....(can't remember which one atm). It is basically a gem you click on and it turns you into a skeleton. Costume change only.
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭
    "Gemstone of Skeletal Visage"

Best purchase yet, paid 755g for mine!
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My impression was that it was a clicky from one of the public dungeon quests, no?

You know how every regular zone has one public dungeon that is harder with bigger packs of mobs and usually 2 quests? Abd one of them rewards a trophy item with an effect of some sort? I think somebody told me in game it came from one of those. Not sure which but I haven't gotten it yet from covenant or the first one in AD.

Assuming what I was told is correct, of course.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragekniv wrote: »

Nice. I got mine for free. Because it's a quest reward.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭

Nice. I got mine for free. Because it's a quest reward.

True but if your not Ebonheart pact its not possible until VR content.

Glad you got yours for free!

I love being a skelly, reminds me of my days playing EQ on Rallos Zek as a 65 gnome necromancer!

I grin when I see people selling them for 20k+ in zone chat.
  • Strontium
    Strontium
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone recall the name of the start quest?
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭
    How do you become a skeleton?

In fact, this is a mid-level ESO quest in Stillerise Village in the West/Southwest of ShadowFen. Once you complete it, there will a reward unique item gives you a costume in your bag and use it, turn you into a skeleton. No real benefits from it, other than you are a skeleton, kind of like a disguise.
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭
    I could not find the quest name but hopefully the above info will help!
  • iuki
    iuki
    ✭✭
    I thankful that this item is in game since it covers up my awful looking armor.

Hope in future they go further with this costume slot and add more vanity skins since imo ESO armor skins are all ugly as sin. At least in Skyrim and other ESO titles I had mods to correct this but not so in ESO. :(
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    I think the quest name is "The Thin Ones".
  • Strontium
    Strontium
    ✭✭✭
    I could not find the quest name but hopefully the above info will help!

Thanks for the info. It's actually northwest, though. I'm guessing it's the Stillrise objective?

• someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ha!

Always wondered how they became skeletons :)
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • AinGeal
    AinGeal
    ✭✭✭
    Would be better if you still wore some of your armor.
  • liquidhope
    cool beans.i was wondering how they got the skel skin
  • Strontium
    Strontium
    ✭✭✭
    Just verified it is the Stillrise objective. It eventually turns into "The Thin Ones". Just did the vet version and got the skelly costume.
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. Will keep an eye out for that.

So, is it a costume (goes in the costume slot) or a clicky trophy item?
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fleymark wrote: »
    So, is it a costume (goes in the costume slot) or a clicky trophy item?
    Strangely, it's a clicky item that goes into the 'wearable' portion of your inventory, not miscellaneous.
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    that's quest reward from dominion land i guess, there is 1 from dark brotherhood DLC too.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We're closing this thread because it is an old topic and the information may no longer be relevant.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.