OUR ESO HOUSES ARE BEING VANDALIZED....Can someone PLEASE help us?

lasertooth
lasertooth
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi,

About 2 weeks ago, a player who is in my housing guild [Grand Designs] logged on to find her ESO house [Psijic Villa] completely wrecked. The default permissions on her house had been set to DECORATOR without her knowledge, which granted permission for any player in the game to move all the furnishings in her house. A player came in and pushed all the furnishings down into the floor or up in the sky. Furthermore, all the statues had been arranged in lewd, offensive positions. Since this was the third time I had heard of someone's house being vandalized like this, I put in a help ticket, on behalf of both my guilds, asking for this problem to be investigated. The player whose house had been vandalized also put in a help ticket. We both submitted screenshots of the offensive statues, but no action was taken by Bethesda except they recommended she set her permissions to NO ACCESS for anyone in the game. For me, they recommended that I take the issue I am seeing in my guilds to the forums.

3r0j631c5wpj.jpg

The player who had her house vandalized 2 weeks ago did in fact, set her permissions to NO ACCESS. She then went through the painstakingly awful process of redecorating her house again. It took a long time for her to put all her furniture back in place. She swears she left the settings on NO ACCESS, just as Bethesda instructed her to do. Two days ago, someone was able to move all her furnishings again. They moved the statues back into the same lewd and offensive positions, and all her carefully placed furniture has been pushed into the floor or up into the sky. Completely devastated, she logged off and swore she didnt want to play this game anymore. I dont think her account was hacked, because none of her gold or inventory was taken.

I immediately visited her house, along with several of our guildmates, and all of us had permission to decorate. It was never her intention to give anyone in the game permission to move the furnishings in her house. We spent hours trying to fix her house for her, however most of the furniture was past the invisible walls, or buried beneath the floor and sadly out of our reach. We moved the statues so she wouldn’t have to look at the lewd imagery again. Some of you will look at the image and think its funny, but to someone whose house has just been trashed, this is the last thing they want to see:

3e3vvd465wf2.jpg

I used text chat and asked everyone in the guild to check their permissions, and sure enough there were additional members who piped up stating they have been having problems with their housing permissions are being changed without their knowledge. Many of these members have been complaining and putting in tickets for months, but nobody has been able to help us.

Can someone please help us? Our houses are being vandalized, our players are being harassed MULTIPLE TIMES with lewd and offensive imagery, and nothing is being done to acknowledge or fix the issue. My original help ticket was blown off, after asking for my ticket to be escalated 4 times, it finally received a response from the Advanced Team and they recommended I post about my issue on the forums. So here I am, posting on the forums. Asking for help on behalf of a player who has now been harassed TWICE and had her ESO house wrecked because her settings had been changed without her knowledge or intent. I am also speaking up on behalf of a community that is watching this glitch occur with increasing frequency, and we are all worried this problem is also going to happen to us.

Many of you are going to jump in and say that this is not a glitch, this is people making mistakes with their settings. It actually doesn’t matter; a game should NOT be designed in such a way that allows a player to make such a devastating mistake. None of the players who had their houses vandalized ever wanted to give players permission to move their furnishings. Imagine being able to accidentally change a setting on a PVP character that made it possible for someone to lose their Grand Warlord rank, and the only response they got from Bethesda was a generic apology and Oh, by the way you will have to grind out that 5th star all over again.

This is what is happening to us. Our settings are being changed without our knowledge or intent, and nobody is communicating with us or helping us solve the issue. We are being left to put all the furniture back ourselves, with no help from anyone in customer support other than an empathetic apology that this keeps happening to us. We need help. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can you please remove the option of setting the default permissions to DECORATOR? If a player wants to give people decorator access, they can add select players or even select guilds individually, and willingly. Then, neurotic players like me could be rest assured that if we have no guilds listed in the permissions tab then there is no possible chance that any player in the game can EVER touch our stuff. The option to set the default visitor settings to DECORATOR should NOT exist. We want all of Tamriel to be able to see the ESO art that is in our homes, but we don’t want people touching our stuff. Lights included.

And finally, can you please investigate and ban the person who did this to my guildmate and friend. To vandalize a player’s house, AND arrange the statues in such an offensive manner, TWICE, is just not acceptable. This is harassment, and I don’t understand why it isn’t being taken more seriously. Bethesda has the power to investigate this, and prevent this person from doing it again.

Please help us.
Lasertooth

PS--the person this happened to is one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met. She was as kind and generous as she was a true joy to be around. She bought a lot of her furniture with crowns, using real money. She didn’t deserve this.

*edited for grammar and to tag the community managers
Edited by lasertooth on December 24, 2018 10:38AM
LasertoothGM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity Xbox/NA
  • MizRagnarok
    MizRagnarok
    ✭✭
    This seems like a real issue that should be looked into.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that's some real bs if people can just go into your house and screw up all your crap because zos broke something AGAIN. I haven't heard of this happening to anyone in any of my guilds yet though, so maybe this is just some jerk in your guild that's found a way to do this? No idea if that would even be possible, but who knows. Whatever it is it definitely sucks, and is definitely a reason why we should have visitor logbooks. Would be able to report that *** right quick.

Edit: LMAO I didn't realize the letter b u n and g spelled a potty word when followed by hole shame on me XD aand then it's not censored after adding this zos methinks your censoring system is messed up
    Edited by ApostateHobo on December 24, 2018 7:34AM
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the first time I hear/read something like this, thanks for sharing, I'll verify my settings immediately.

PS: Sorry for your mate :'(
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just allow people to deny access to their house to people not on friends? would that work?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    The essential housing tools addon has a great feature where you can select all the items in your home and save the build. A great way to 'backup' your builds in case the worst happens. So in the case of OP's friend, had the build been saved they could just zone into the home, load the previous save and put everything back as it should be.

I recently noticed that one of my guilds had access to a home I had not opened up for sharing yet, and the same guild had permissions removed from other homes that they had previously had access to, so there does seem to be a bug with the housing permissions setting.
  • davidbow1e
    davidbow1e
    ✭✭
    This is atrocious. It needs to be investigated immediately. I strive on the housing aspect of ESO, spending tons of RL money on items and houses. I swear if this is a glitch and people found a way to mess with others houses, it needs to be patched quickly. I would be completely devastated if hours of my time decorating a place ended up like that.
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    Just allow people to deny access to their house to people not on friends? would that work?

No, this is not working. The person this happened to had her house set to NO ACCESS meaning NOBODY should have been allowed to travel there. There is a glitch happening where the permissions are being changed when you log out of the game.
    LasertoothGM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity Xbox/NA
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emathides wrote: »
    The essential housing tools addon has a great feature where you can select all the items in your home and save the build. A great way to 'backup' your builds in case the worst happens. So in the case of OP's friend, had the build been saved they could just zone into the home, load the previous save and put everything back as it should be.

I recently noticed that one of my guilds had access to a home I had not opened up for sharing yet, and the same guild had permissions removed from other homes that they had previously had access to, so there does seem to be a bug with the housing permissions setting.

Unfortunately we are on the Xbox/NA server, and do not have access to any of the add-ons. This makes the problem even worse for us; we dont have ANY add ons at all, so when we place 100 items on a table, this is something we have to do painstakingly one item at a time.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »

Unfortunately we are on the Xbox/NA server, and do not have access to any of the add-ons. This makes the problem even worse for us; we dont have ANY add ons at all, so when we place 100 items on a table, this is something we have to do painstakingly one item at a time.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! Addons are really a lifesaver in situations like this :/.

• BigRiver
    BigRiver
    ✭✭✭
    This has been extremely frustrating for many people. The housing addition to this game has been an incredible aspect. Nothing is more frustrating than when you spend hours, days, and sometimes weeks making a place your home.

The fact that there is a glitch allowing others to bypass the settings, restricting others from moving things in your home, is a real problem. I hope very soon that this issue will be remedied. It’s a shame that this has happened in the first place.
  • LoLiPoPW
    LoLiPoPW
    ✭✭
    This is atrocious. Please ZOS give us, at the very least, visitor logs. This player has been harassed. Something should have been done already. I've seen the amount of work that is done in alot of these houses. To have it all destroyed, not once, but twice is disheartening. @lasertooth I'm sorry your friend had this done. :neutral:
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    I had not heard of this bug prior to picking up the convo on a mutliplatform community for housing. I would be devastated if all my time adjusting a home was turned to trash by an unfriendly player. To be honest the intractable toggle was a huge relief because I had moved to a point of insta-banning the ones who joked about turning off lights in my home. And If I ported into my home and found someone visiting and shutting off lights they got banned too. Those folks are still banned from visiting. But to think someone would completely violate another player home by a glitched/bugged setting is really trashy. TBH I dont want to have my gaming experience ruined by this glitch. The fact it occurred twice says it's a player who has a problem with the OP's friend and its harassment- something that doesnt belong within a guild, a game or otherwise and should be investigated- the house tracking tool for undo/redo surely is data- logged and should be utilized to makes amends on the besthda side of the investigation. I'm sure someone will think it was a funny joke, it's not, it's the equivalent of bullying.

ZOS we love housing and being creative within our slice of Nirn, we need a log book to automatically list to the home owner the visitor- I'd love to know who visited the house, and how long they stayed, if they accessed a decorative mode. It could be a simple email in my notifications, and able to be turned off by the player if they didn't want the feature- As I imagine guild houses would be constantly annoyed by visitor traffic hitting the email box- or possibly as one prior user had mentioned a sign-in book at the door that auto filled every visit/exit of the homestead. This book could read user name-acesstype- entered-exited
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me on Xbox EU, I logged on and was messaged by someone saying “you should see your house” went in and everything was thrown about everywhere. I hadn’t realised about decorator default either, there’s no way of knowing for sure but I’d suspect decorator mode is still to blame for this.

I wasn’t sure if permissions were auto-set to decorator but if so I agree it shouldn’t be default setting.

I do think tracking and emailing who has entered and changed anything is too much, as long as the restrictions work that’s enough if someone makes a mistake and sets/keeps decorator 9 times out of 10 people won’t abuse it but sometimes people suck and you can’t expect ZoS to provide reporting like that on a regular basis for that 1 idiot.
  • Razberry9876
    Razberry9876
    ✭✭
    I'm already pissed off at ZOS now for dismissing this issue &, guess what, ZOS? It's not good for business to *** off a significant portion of your customers! FIX IT NOW!!!🤬😠🤬
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also don't see why there should be a default option for decorator. Usually you would want one maybe two people to be able to decorate your home, not everyone.

I am the owner of many decorated homes, and the thought that through a bug someone could come in and destroy my builds is terrifying. It was bad enough porting to the Erstwhile Sanctuary and having to put all the 150 lights back on. :\

My heartfelt sympathies for everyone that has this happen to them. And a pox to everyone who call wrecking someone's house a form of entertainment.
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are players commenting on our Band and FB pages that this glitch has also happened to them, however they cannot login to the forums to comment. If you are reading this and having difficulties logging in, this may help you:

v6jnzs5pqa5r.png
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, this sounds like a huge exploit that would drive me angry. @R_K addon essential housing tools allows you to save builds and would be amazing in a situation like this
    Edit: oh you are console, that is unfortunate
    Edited by Aliyavana on December 24, 2018 9:46AM
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Hey guys, this sounds like a huge exploit that would drive me angry. @R_K addon essential housing tools allows you to save builds and would be amazing in a situation like this.

We are all on XBOX and dont have any add-ons...I wish we did. Sadly, when this glitch happens to us the only thing we can do is either rage quit the game, or slowly and painstakingly retrieve all the furniture, and start over from scratch. :(

• Currygaminginc
    Currygaminginc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laser did it just happen to that one guildy? Or to others? I often have come back to houses that were set to No Access to find them back at Visitor, but never at Decorator. That is scary. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any help to these guys would go a long way they do some really amazing work as they are dedicated to doing mostly "out of the box" housing in their guild. Fortunately I've not seen it on PC yet, but then again like said earlier add-ons do help. How many houses got messed up?
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it could be that if you are in your house and set it to No Access, but then switch to another character and go to your house it switches to the settings of that character? Just thinking about what might cause this.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laser did it just happen to that one guildy? Or to others? I often have come back to houses that were set to No Access to find them back at Visitor, but never at Decorator. That is scary. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any help to these guys would go a long way they do some really amazing work as they are dedicated to doing mostly "out of the box" housing in their guild. Fortunately I've not seen it on PC yet, but then again like said earlier add-ons do help. How many houses got messed up?

I can provide 5 gamertags from both my guilds who have had their houses vandalized and completely destroyed, including the most recent player that had it done twice to her. I can provide at least 4 more gamertags of people in my guild who swear their default permissions keep resetting to a different setting than they used...you are right though, it is not being set to DECORATOR for every player--I know for one gamertag it IS being set to DECORATOR no matter what she does...luckily none of these individuals have had their houses vandalized yet, and we have recommended to them that they switch their primary residence to an empty apartment until we figure out the cause.

I began messing with the permissions 2 days ago (my primary is now set to an empty apartment) by logging in and out on different characters, and loading permissions from different houses, and when I logged off one character it was set to NO ACCESS and when I logged onto another character and visited the house, the settings were at LIMITED VISITOR. But sadly, I did not get a video and I have no proof, and when I tried to replicate the glitch a few times I didn't have any luck.

• GMdoghunter
    GMdoghunter
    ✭✭✭
    This is just complete ignorance on Bethesdas part they are definitely now well a aware that this is happening something should be done about this as the longer it continues the more people will end up leaving the game entirely.My heart really goes out to the players this is happening to as I included subscribe to this game Hopefully the issue gets sorted and the culprits get a lifetime ban.
  • Kheigen
    Kheigen
    ✭✭
    Very sorry to hear about this.

Temporary fix:

Remove the house from primary, set one of the free apartment homes as your default primary until ZOS fixes the issue.

Whoever is doing this, if it is a person can play with themselves in the closet house, rather than trashing your main house. It puts a damper on guild activity, and guildies can only visit the Psijic home when you're there. But this adds controls that are missing because of the glitch.

Even if the settings somehow get changed, giving people decorator permissions, at least people can't come to the Psijic home when you're not there, moving furniture unsupervised.

ZOS needs to add a log to the homes, just like guilds, to record who was the last person to edit a home.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How awesome would it be if these housing trolls went to their bank one day to find it empty? I'm sure they would laugh it off, as they do this in the name of humor and not grief.

They could explain how much valuable time was spent getting that gold and gear on the forums, and how what happened to them was a unfair hilarious punishment!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, this sounds like a console bug, which then brings the question of how did ZOS manage to screw that up?
  • chamoo81
    chamoo81
    So sorry to hear that happened. Reminds me of a time when my friend had his Minecraft project, which he had been working on for months, was totally trashed by someone in his friends list that he trusted. Of course he was devastated. Hindsight told him he should have checked his settings. He had managed to repair most of the damage.
  • VileNord
    VileNord
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in one of Laser's guilds and these players are the best of the best when it comes to ESO housing (not counting myself here). ZOS FIX THIS!!! We need visitor logs and default settings protected!!
    Edited by VileNord on December 24, 2018 4:57PM
    PC NA: I'm actually a pretty nice Nord but "NiceNord" doesn't strike fear in the hearts of Tamriel's foes : )
  • Unstable.Pixel
    Unstable.Pixel
    ✭✭✭
    Some of you will look at the image and think its funny, but to someone whose house has just been trashed, this is the last thing they want to see:

3e3vvd465wf2.jpg

Can I get the number of your statue designer?
    I swear to drunk i'm not god
  • pixiekn
    pixiekn
    Soul Shriven
    I'm in both of laser guilds and love the housing community. I've worked hours, days, even weeks on my houses. I cannot even begin to imagine some glitch allowing permissions to destroy all of that hardwork. I know 2 people that this happened to, and it is devastating. Please fix this ASAP!!!!

Oh and a log book would be phenomenal :)
    Edited by pixiekn on December 28, 2018 12:10AM
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makes me sad to see this 😕
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.