The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is a good pve class/race?

fugazi70
fugazi70
I redownloaded eso on my PS4 when I realized it was in my library... apparently I had played it when it first came out... but I don’t remember much about the game....

My highest character was a Templar...

What is currently a good pve character to play?
  • SvariBK
    SvariBK
    ✭✭
    Depends what you wanna play as,
    tank would be argonian, imperial, redguard, Nord Dragon knight.
    Dps you could play any class with either darkelf or high elf for magicka based dps or Redguard for stamina. I think nightblade temar and Wardens are performing better atm
    Healer would be Templar or Warden on argonian breton highelf or sorc on highelf for the endgame content.
    BK-22 PC EU Player
    Tank & DD
  • fugazi70
    fugazi70
    Oh I should have included prefer to solo or duo(wife)
  • SvariBK
    SvariBK
    ✭✭
    Hmm so if you just wanna do solo or questing content you can play with what ever you want really, but if you ever decide on doing more difficult content then I'd refer to what I said above. Very nice for Solo content are magicka nightblade coz they have good sustain and also good self heal. If you play as duo you could think about splitting roles like one tanks or heals and the other deals damage (good for world bosses) , or both deal damage. Pretty much up to you
    BK-22 PC EU Player
    Tank & DD
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fugazi70 wrote: »
    Oh I should have included prefer to solo or duo(wife)

In that case anything works.

Warden and Templer for example. Or Dragonknight and Templer or Warden and Sorcerer.

Rather tell how you want to play. Staff or Dualwield/Bow or Sword and Shield or two handed axe or ...
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I redownloaded eso on my PS4 when I realized it was in my library... apparently I had played it when it first came out... but I don’t remember much about the game....

I think a magicka high elf pet sorc is solid choice for a newer casual solo player. Easy to learn. Easy to aquire good ewuipment for. Lots of aoe damage and excellent heals for small group and self.

• Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »

I think a magicka high elf pet sorc is solid choice for a newer casual solo player. Easy to learn. Easy to aquire good ewuipment for. Lots of aoe damage and excellent heals for small group and self.

If you prefer stamina and physical weapons again i would suggest a sorcerer and chose redguard or orc as your race and put all your attributes into stamuna. Orc will be very fast. Redguard will have best overall damage and sustain.
    You can chose to use dual wield weapons like daggers or a greatsword and a bow. Again stamina sorcerer has excellent survivability and aoe damage.

Imho both stamina sorcer and magicka pet sorcerers make the hardest solo content in the game as easy as it can be.

Edit:
    Dont know why i quoted myself there....
    Edited by Haquor on December 21, 2018 9:23PM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton Templer if i were starting again. Not bad at everything
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of them depending how you build it.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for either of you...great starting place/build!!

https://www.xynodegaming.com/easy-mode-sorc or

https://www.xynodegaming.com/off-balance-templar
    or better yet just cruise his site...might find something else you enjoy!! Have fun, that's the key ingredient !!!! ;)
    Edited by Joxer61 on December 22, 2018 12:04AM
  • cbritomiranda
    cbritomiranda
    ✭✭
    For Damage Dealers, Stamina Nightblades, they are the only TOP tier since murkmire, and most wanted in end-game trials. the race can range from khajiits to bosmers. the important thing is the nightblades toolkit, it will make you incredibly powerful in both PvE and PvP (depending on your build)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=i5a2YpZ0vNo
    you can hit 58K+ DPS (!!!), and with little effort

for healers, templar argonian, and fot tankers Dragon Knights argonians. guaranteed success or your soul returned by molag bal
    Edited by cbritomiranda on December 22, 2018 12:09PM
    Arielle Pendragon [] High Elf - Sorcerer [DD]
    Ataena Zastee [] Khajiit - Nightblade [DD]
    Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Nightblade [DD]
    Angeline Pendragon [] Breton - Templar [Healer]
    Freyja Stone-Singer [] Nord - Dragonknight [Tanker]
    Raelys the Flame [] High Elf - Dragonknight [Healer]
    Anne-Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Warden [Healer]
    Fairynn Frost-Moon [] Nord - Warden [Tanker]
    Asrin the Wise [] Khajiit - Sorcerer [DD]
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf lizards.or buff everyone else. or something. just balance it.
    Edited by dazee on December 24, 2018 6:07AM
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.