Xbox Live™ is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Defending Warrior (Resilient Yokeda) 5pc set bonus heal not working properly

erlewine
erlewine
✭✭✭
The heal from the 5 piece set bonus of the Defending Warrior (Resilient Yokeda) armor set from Aetherium Archive does not function properly.

(5 items) When you block an attack, you deal 4000 Magic Damage to all enemies within 10 meters of you and heal for 100% of the damage done. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

The tooltip indicates it should heal you for the amount of damage it does. When you first log in or enter a new zone, this is indeed how it works. But once you do damage from another source, then the Yokeda proc will heal you for the amount of damage the previous ability did - not the amount of damage the proc does.

For example, make a toon with 5 piece Bahrahas and 5 piece Defending Warrior. Attack any mob, proc Bahrahas. Press Block. Defending Warrior will proc and do ~4000 damage, but you will be healed for the amount of damage Bahraha's does (~1100).

It goes the other way - this can be exploited to increase the heal as well.
eisley the worst
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a quick screenshot showing the bug.

https://imgur.com/xxyY7e9.png

As you can see, the first time it procs it heals for the proper amount you'd expect. 4515 damage, 4142 heal. After that, Bahraha's goes off, healing for 1097. and all subsequent Resilient Yokeda procs heal for the exact same amount as Bahrahas heal - 4515 damage, 1097 heal
    Edited by erlewine on February 19, 2018 9:13AM
    eisley the worst
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a new bug in Update 17, or has it been around since before this patch?
    PC/NA ― Officer of Nightfighters ― Officer and former GM of The Merchant's Reserve
    @code65536
    DC – Breton Nightblade – DD – Snow Oryx   ☙
    DC – Dunmer Dragonknight – DD/Tank – Cinder Oryx   ☙
    EP – Altmer Sorcerer – DD – Elim Crake
    DC – Breton Templar – Healer – Zebulon the Spirit Bear
    AD – Bosmer Nightblade – DD – Higgs Bosmer
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Erects-the-Horns-of-War
    DC – Redguard Sorceress – DD – Rallina Oryx
    DC – Altmer Nightblade – DD – Joyèd

@code4096
    DC – Dunmer Nightblade – DD – Raven Oryx   ☙
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Takes-All-Blame
    DC – Altmer Sorceress – DD – Codegasm

The Flawless Conqueror  •  Dro-m'Athra Destroyer  •  Tick-Tock Tormentor  •  Voice of Reason  •  Bringer of Light  •  Blackrose Executioner

Add-Ons: Itemization BrowserLoot LogDeconstruction Junk MarkerRaidificatorPurge TrackervHoF Status PanelAsylum Status PanelDungeon TimerCombat AlertsSmart Looter

Guides: Sunspire Mechanics
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    It was happening prior to Update 17.
    eisley the worst
  • nesmewno
    nesmewno
    I love this set (especially glow ^^), tried to use with leeching, Livewire ... but did not notice this bug. If you use it alone, will it be properly healed?
    There are working ideas how to exploite, what would increase heal?
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    It works properly with Livewire. I don't know about Leeching, never tried it.

It's still broken with Bahraha. After Bahraha procs once, all subsequent Defending Warrior procs heal for less.

There are also other sets that will make all subsequent procs heal you for 30k+ every time.
    eisley the worst
  • nesmewno
    nesmewno
    The first that come to mind:
    Mazzatun
    Juggernaut
    Dreamer's Mantle
    Phoenix

No, it's not them ... 30k + hm ...

On a large capable only Earthgore.
    You want to say... :o
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    Well, obviously I don't want to be specific about that. I suppose you could figure it out pretty quick if you wanted.
    eisley the worst
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this still an issue?
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    On live, yes. Just tested today. Wore Bahrahas and Resilient Yokeda, ran into mob and held block. First heal 3200, then Bahraha proc'd and all heals thereafter ~1000.

PTS, unknown.
    eisley the worst
  • nesmewno
    nesmewno
    Doing the craft dailies on all characters, late at night, decided to check...I just did defending+earthgore. My warden is a 10 minute boss fight, proc heal from the set showed a large spread in the numbers. Sometimes the value of heal coincided with the previous proc. Catch the pattern I could not. But the scatter is large from 1330 to 6318 for each monster. Better check it out today, if you have the strength. :#

https://imgur.com/NUveGm6
    https://seeallcolor.imgur.com/all/
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Finn Could you please look into this bug?
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon Lead
    Thanks guys! Passing to the combat team to take a look :)
    Dungeon Lead
    Staff Post
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    In case anyone was wondering about this, just wanted to let people know that the bug still exists, it wasn't fixed in Summerset. Here's a quick screenshot illustrating that, check the combat log. https://imgur.com/kpF7WQZ.png

First Defending proc upon loading in heals for 2762. Then I proc Bahraha's and subsequent Defending procs heal for the same amount as Bahrahas - 1149.
    eisley the worst
  • BxBourne
    BxBourne
    Has this bug been fixed? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Finn thanks.