The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Magplar PvP

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @minno Im btb 2 body + jewelry, 3 Spinners body and lightning staff front, ice staff back bar. Got a stam restore enchant and a spell dmg enchant on my staves. Same thing as that video i made about stacking dmg, minus the stam restore enchant. Ive been playing my sorcs and healer more than templar lately.

Never used bloodthorn on my templar, thanks for the suggestion. Ive run about every trans combo, love that set.

Im really hoping for off the wall suggestions, i don't care if it leaves a hole in the build as long as it's fun, i'm a filthy casual dad now.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/AsbfRUgZYnk
    Templars can't jump at :46.

Let's play a game. You guys let me know what set i should replace spinners with. Either recommend a set with a post or vote for an already mentioned set by giving that post an insightful. If you recommend a set, please explain why you chose the set, to help the magplar community with your input.

I'm running 5 BTB, 5 Shackle, 2 Valkyn in BG's - It does alright! Not sure what the advantages are over spinners but it works for me - Wouldn't mind something that's stronger all around myself but like you've mentioned in your most recent comment, I'm a lot more casual now as well and just don't put the effort in to testing things anymore. Get the simplest thing I can think of that works and run with that for patches at a time haha.

Example of it:
    https://youtu.be/Il6P7MZp71g

It's worth mentioning that in regards to Minno's suggestion of Bloodthorn - I personally found Amber Plasm much better back in the day, haven't used either in a while but I know that it's about the same stats per minute. The only difference is the 1pc recovery on bloodthorn pushes the magicka sustain up a little (As long as you're proccing Bloodthorn on CD, otherwise AmberPlasm smashes it) But it's direct damage and combat based and you spend a bit of time chasing targets/moving/positioning etc, so I can't see a time that Bloodthorn will be superior.

Maybe I've just not used it enough to gauge but that's how it always felt so I never gave it a true shot.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

Let's play a game. You guys let me know what set i should replace spinners with. Either recommend a set with a post or vote for an already mentioned set by giving that post an insightful. If you recommend a set, please explain why you chose the set, to help the magplar community with your input.

I'm running 5 BTB, 5 Shackle, 2 Valkyn in BG's - It does alright! Not sure what the advantages are over spinners but it works for me - Wouldn't mind something that's stronger all around myself but like you've mentioned in your most recent comment, I'm a lot more casual now as well and just don't put the effort in to testing things anymore. Get the simplest thing I can think of that works and run with that for patches at a time haha.

Example of it:

It's worth mentioning that in regards to Minno's suggestion of Bloodthorn - I personally found Amber Plasm much better back in the day, haven't used either in a while but I know that it's about the same stats per minute. The only difference is the 1pc recovery on bloodthorn pushes the magicka sustain up a little (As long as you're proccing Bloodthorn on CD, otherwise AmberPlasm smashes it) But it's direct damage and combat based and you spend a bit of time chasing targets/moving/positioning etc, so I can't see a time that Bloodthorn will be superior.

Maybe I've just not used it enough to gauge but that's how it always felt so I never gave it a true shot.

amber is better all around because you don't have to think about it and the regen values are higher so if you use 1pc medium with 5pc light the regen is MUCH higher. But bloodthorn goes through block/sprint and can be backbarred letting you use another 5pc set with willpower/arena weapons.

Build dependent.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »

Example of it:

amber is better all around because you don't have to think about it and the regen values are higher so if you use 1pc medium with 5pc light the regen is MUCH higher. But bloodthorn goes through block/sprint and can be backbarred letting you use another 5pc set with willpower/arena weapons.

Build dependent.

Ah, I literally always forget about backbarring potential and to consider the multipliers! I just remember it being better all round like you said. Nice points.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BNOC it's why i'm using spinners, i can back bar a masters ice staff for the root/ blocking
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What were you guys thinking for race next patch? Right now I'm leaning towards Altmer but also might go Argonian or maybe Dark Elf. Altmer personally seems like the best race for me though but it's gonna be hard to go wrong race wise next patch.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably staying Altmer. The only one that tempts me is Breton. But between Ele Drain, Focus, and base regen I have just over 2k mag regen. That's enough. The extra spell damage is going to be really nice.
    Edited by casparian on February 13, 2019 6:37PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial. Similar to being breton last patch except 3% includes ultimates, but I also get 2k health/stam to go full mag on enchants and the mag/stam/health coming in every 5 seconds will help in a variety of situations (except the heal, cause 150 heal after battlespirit and before defile was a useless change lol).

Makes for a good templar looking to take some hits in their build.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna stay a lizard the potion passive saves me more then anything else in this entrire game. Real good players just end up basically killing me twice but I've made some amazing come backs after hitting a tri pot many times.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What were you guys thinking for race next patch? Right now I'm leaning towards Altmer but also might go Argonian or maybe Dark Elf. Altmer personally seems like the best race for me though but it's gonna be hard to go wrong race wise next patch.

Staying Argonian, the potion racial is still too strong to pass up. Breton looks solid. I don't like Altmer very much with that stam return racial.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433