The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very small issue - some guild merchants are reeeeally rude.

preevious
preevious
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, everyone.

Maybe it's only me, or maybe it has already been submitted, but I often run into a small issue with some guild vendors..
It concern those who are reading or writing in a parchment/ledger/whatnot.

Sometimes (quite often), when spoken to, they'll keep reading/writing .. a long time .. before finally turning to you.
It's a bit annoying, and very rude.

I know it's a very small issue, but it also looks like it would be easily fixed, so, I figured I would submit it.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've honestly never noticed this... do you have a specific example so I could go investigate in game? I'm just curious lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, It happens whenever a merchant is reading or writing, but not everytime .. a good exemple is the merchants closer to the wayshrine in Vivec city and in Stormhaven.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm that's odd, I noticed the same thing just figured it was intentionally programmed that way to add character to the NPC. It is annoying though.
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    That happens to me sometimes too and it IS very annoying.
    I just assumed it was lag tho. A few bankers do it at times too. I don't think it is suppose to be on purpose because they don't do it all the time.

I thought you meant the rude vendors/bankers that constantly roll their eyes/shake their heads in disgust/cross their arms & tap their foot like you are being a huge burden on them. That is irritating as hell to me.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's intentional. I mean, sometimes, I even have to go away and come back to the vendor for he/her to finally aknoweledge me.

It's good to know it's not just me, I was wondering if it was because of my poor rig.
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    It also happens with the stable master in the Rift.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've encountered this as well. I could never tell if it was just my internet connection giving out or if there was just some type of UI delay happening between the time I clicked on the NPC and them turning to me.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    preevious wrote: »
    I don't think it's intentional. I mean, sometimes, I even have to go away and come back to the vendor for he/her to finally aknoweledge me.

It's good to know it's not just me, I was wondering if it was because of my poor rig.

You are aware that when you interact with a Guild NPC that your client need first to fetch guild stores full inventory before you can see it on your screen? That can take some time to load and then be presented in Guild Store window and with many player interacting at the same time with that guild store it might take more time then usual.

When I use Awesome Guild Store to search for something, it needs to first download everything in that category and then it hides item that isn't matching criteria. Every time you search for something it will need to fetch a list with every items, so that explains why some Guild Store NPC can take some time to respond to your interaction.
    Edited by RexyCat on December 19, 2018 10:23PM
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dayna is a sweetheart. She’s my girlfriend.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how rude the NPC's are. If they were forum users, they would have been banned long ago. Mostly I think it is just lazy writing. More then just kids play MMO's these days, the writers need to broaden their scripts.