Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Life Event Missing Writs

zodikry
zodikry
Soul Shriven
I have only this week started getting Writs as rewards, specifically in the New Life event. On the first day I received 2 Crafting quest books. Yeah! I got my first 2 Writs for the event (and in general), I even went to the currency tab to see the little #2 at the bottom. Then on day 2 I received another crafting book quest. The little number across from Writs
3. Then yesterday I did a fourth....and the number of Writs indicated is now 1.

So here is my question. Is this normal or a bug. Do Writs expire if not claimed/used before a certain time. Are they being stored somewhere else? These Crafting quest books dont come about too often, I would have to miss out on the Achievement because I lost 3 Writs to a glitch.

Thank you.
-Zodikry
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    The writs are pretty rare and definitely not a guaranteed reward. I got 14 on day 1 across 8 characters but only 2 on day 2. If you are doing the quests on just 1 character you probably wont get many of them.
  • zodikry
    zodikry
    Soul Shriven
    Oh ok, I understand and thank you for explaining. That said, I am very confident that I had received more than the 1 that is indicated now. Oh well, its not the end of the world, just a game. But thank you for clarifying that point. Ill definitely be paying closer attention to the rewards after handing in the crafter item(s) during the event.
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    zodikry wrote: »
    Oh ok, I understand and thank you for explaining. That said, I am very confident that I had received more than the 1 that is indicated now. Oh well, its not the end of the world, just a game. But thank you for clarifying that point. Ill definitely be paying closer attention to the rewards after handing in the crafter item(s) during the event.

Did you happen to activate the writ by chance? When you do that they go into your journal instead of inventory. Just in case you did find more than one.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I'm wondering if he's talking new life writs, or otherwise. If you complete a new life writ, the 'voucher' for it does *not* show up in currency. Instead, it increments a counter on the achievement for the charity writs in the new life achievement. When that gets to 12, then your skin will be unlocked. That might clarify things, as from what I was hearing, he turned in a charity writ, and then didn't have more writ vouchers under currency. If that's what he was asking, the number of new life charity writs done will increment in the journal/achievements tab, under holiday/new life festival.

@Alassirana
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    It could be, or he's assuming the writs give tickets, which they don't.