Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Life Festival - Achievements not un-locking;

Ragnork
Ragnork
✭✭✭✭✭
Stonetooth Belcher, Signal Fire Zephyr and Five Clawed Cat Burglar

PC European

One Issue - Achievement not un-locking in New Life Festival
Three examples

Character - Helina Våtland

I have completed all two named sub-quests of the New Life Festival twice, first time 12-16 and again today 12-17
I completed Signal Fire Zephyr 12-16 (will no doubt complete again this evening - if I complete the quest and it registers today I will edit to score out this text).
12-17 completed in good time and achievement un-locked
?maybe lag in areas are a factor

I zipped through the chest opening quests both nights. I saw tonight I had 11 seconds left at the end of the quest.
Both evenings I have "shown my appreciation" to other players.

My wife has checked and she has the same issues (@skogsalf character Idunn Bjørnedrøper) she was not sure about the chest opening as there were so many other players it was a little difficult to work out what was going on.
Edited by Ragnork on December 16, 2016 7:31PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others are also having some challenges, but usually not because it is broken (on PC anyway).

For the Stonetooth Belcher, you need to get some crafted blue "Betnihk Twice-Spiked Ale" from another player, or learn the recipe from one of the New Life reward boxes and craft some yourself, and then drink it during the appropriate phase after collecting ingredients.

The lock-picking exercise is easy if you have maxed Legerdemain and can just break the locks, although even then they sometimes don't work first time - try again the next day.

The Signal Fire Zephyr is hardest to get - I don't have this yet. A more efficient route and some stam/speed potions may help.

For either of these last two achievements, it may help to do group with other people, and post group members at each point along the way before anyone starts. Any person can do any step of the quest to get it completed for the group.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on December 17, 2016 8:20AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnork wrote: »
    I zipped through the chest opening quests both nights. I saw tonight I had 11 seconds left at the end of the quest.
    11 seconds left is not enough. The achievement is for doing it in 35 seconds, so if you had 11 seconds left, you took 44 seconds.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • YoshShmenge96
    YoshShmenge96
    ✭✭
    For me on my main is the mud ball quest. I've hit 2 out of 3 delegates and nothing shows up as unlocked...pretty hard to mess that one up so I'd say that was bugged. Alts seem to be ok...BUT it's only my main that I care about.
    Edited by YoshShmenge96 on December 19, 2016 8:31PM
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mudball quest achievement is a tricky one. In order to get the achievement, you need to quickslot Mud Balls. Then find each faction leader and fire away. Doing just the quest given at the New Life FestivalStart point in Eastmarsh will not grant the achievement.
    Edited by Palidon on December 20, 2016 7:03AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To complete the mudball achievement you need to use the Mud Ball Pouch quest reward (a consumable) or Mud Ball Pouch memento (also a quest reward), and quickslot it. Then you go find the leaders and fire the quickslot.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me on my main is the mud ball quest. I've hit 2 out of 3 delegates and nothing shows up as unlocked...pretty hard to mess that one up so I'd say that was bugged. Alts seem to be ok...BUT it's only my main that I care about.

To make it clear - it is not the delegates that you need to unlock it is the "heads of state" - two kings and a queen.
    From the "New Life FAQ"
    Where do I find Jorunn/Emeric/Ayrenn?

Be wary that mudding the chiefs will give you a small bounty.
    - Ayrenn is in the city where the quest is located, in Skywatch Manor, right in front of the entrance (if you have done the previous AD quests), otherwise you'll find her in Vulkihal Guard, where the bank is located, right in front of the entrance.
    - Emeric is at his castle in Wayrest, Stormhaven. It's the building near the Wayshrine. You really can't miss it.
    - Jorunn is in a small house near the Windhelm enchanter. From the Windhelm Wayshrine, just go a bit North-East. It is on the left of the enchanter.

To spray the leaders, you have to equip the mudball that you drop from the quest reward boxes. Open inventory, press Q, search for them in "Slottable Items", put the mudballs in one of the slots then use it.
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay - I have completed all quests. So not bugged... just a poor player who took a while to work things out.

Treasure chests - have auto loot turned on.

The running quest - take a friend. I can not do this in heavy armour with my Templar build, I am always 2 seconds too slow. Took a friend and unlocked.

Belcher - you need the ale that you get in a reward recipe. Collect the mystery meat and other stuff, take it back to the young lady, talk to her, drink your ale - show appreciation - eat and drink her offerings - show appreciation.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I went after the mud ball achievement while I had the quest active, I didn't need to slot anything in my quickslots. When I approached each monarch I got the same E prompt that the quest gives.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    When I went after the mud ball achievement while I had the quest active, I didn't need to slot anything in my quickslots. When I approached each monarch I got the same E prompt that the quest gives.

I've done this on several characters while the quest was active and it's spotty for me- sometimes the E prompt activates and sometimes it doesn't. I found it's a good idea to keep some mud balls quickslotted as a backup.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • DinocornousRex
    DinocornousRex
    Soul Shriven
    The group performance achievements don’t work and I’ve tried being in groups and both doing the same routine and different routines but nothing works. Any thoughts?
  • SoulStorm
    SoulStorm
    Soul Shriven
    I have a question concerning the Mud Ball Achievement. I got Ayrenn and Emeric with no problems at all, but when I tried to get Jorunn, it would not let me enter the Hall of Trials. I got a message stating that I "could not use that door right now". I have already finished the quest where I had to go fight for him there some time ago. Are we not allowed to enter again after that quest is complete, or am I missing something, or is this a glitch of some sort? Any ideas welcome.

Thanks.
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windhelm - the house to the left of the mages guild.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    Ok, for those having problems with group performance, all of these *are* soloable, if they take a bit of effort. For the bergama one, a poiton or more of speed/stamina usually is adequate. for Reaper's march: if you are on pc, you can use fco lockpicker mod to make it easier. also, when doing those in a group, each work on a different spot, so that you get them done faster.

@Alassirana
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, i did all the Achievemnst on PC/EU and PC/NA solo with no Trouble, it needs a bit of Work, claws crossed, need on booth Megaservers 2 more New Life Charity Writs, good luck all. Still 15 Days Time, so dont worry
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • SoulStorm
    SoulStorm
    Soul Shriven
    Ragnork wrote: »
    Windhelm - the house to the left of the mages guild.

Found it. Thanks!