The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SUICIDAL ASSASSIN

grkkll
grkkll
✭✭✭
I've run DKs, NBs tanks and Healers in PVE for a couple of years. Brief forays into Cyrodil have been taken but only during events or where I wanted Vigor as part of my build. I decided to create a PVP character and now have a CP810 NB build based on Alcast's Assassin. I clearly don't know what I'm doing as I get kicked from pillar to post if I'm not in a group and seldom succeed in 1 2 1s. The latest escapde saw me blasted with light attack then 3 heavies (rinse & repeat 3 times) when my attacks were doing about 150 damage to his 3000. I can't hit fast enough to do that sort of damage and when I do hit its no more than an effing tickle. As CP810 am I seen as some sort of a challenge (that's a laugh)? Can someone point me in the direction of a reliable "how not to die in PVP" please??
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka- or Stamina-based Nightblade?
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been running a new NB build in Vivec lately and ive been loving it! Its not a damage dealer for the most party though enemies that hit ya do take damage.

Unbuffed
    unknown.png

Self buffed
    unknown.png

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=102763
    ^ Here is a link to the full build (CP, traits, buffs, etc.)

Hope this helps
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭

Hope this helps
    [/quote]

Thanks, I'll try that. I've run a healer in PVP to get Vigor and he was harder than my NB. I see your running heavy impen which was what I used for the healer, with tri-stat enchants
    Edited by grkkll on December 12, 2018 7:01PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should do BGs to experience “small” scale PvP. It sounds somewhat biased since BGs are all I do, but I I’m totally serious.

After spending months doing nothing but BGs, when I finally stepped back into Cyrodiil, everyone who wasn’t in a Zerg was a straight squishy potato.

Granted, you can join a Zerg and be a rear echelon snipe spammer (nothing wrong with that). But if you want to learn how to adapt and react when your opponent closes in on you, then you’ll need a lot of small scale PvP experience.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    squishy tatties...I like the sound of that - speaking as one atm ;0))

come to think of it, Alcast specifies the build as BG rather than out * out PVP
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    grkkll wrote: »
    squishy tatties...I like the sound of that - speaking as one atm ;0))

come to think of it, Alcast specifies the build as BG rather than out * out PVP

Whatever he specifies it does not matter, have you watched the video of him playing it? I mean, no offense, anything but respect to his PvE knowledge, theorycrafting and builds, achievements and ability to clear any content I this game, but he is BAD on that Nightblade.. like really bad. Struggling keeping buffs up, not utilizing Assassin's Will proc at all... you'd do better watch Grim or Sniker, tryout their builds and reproduce their style in a sense and try to build your own on that and make adjustments as you go.

Edit: ok I just checked out that build more closely, and here is my take on it:
    1. Monster set choice: Troll kinKing would be better defensive monster set, Velidreth or Selene or Balorg would be better offensive. I don't see a point in runing Bloodspawn on build that relies on binar damage mitigation like StamNB in medium armor.
    2. Offensive set choice and backbar weapon are legit. I run Spriggan and masters bow myself.
    3. The "second" 5pc set is not bad, But I've had much more success with Shacklebreaker and Arateum Takeaway Broth instead of Bone Pirate and Dubios. Especially when you pair it with Troll King on Kajiit or Orc.
    Edited by Stigant on December 12, 2018 8:36PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs are very different from open world.

BGs have a much more consistent combat going, even defeating opponents doesn't provide much breathing time before you're facing another or using resources to take objectives.

Crit resistance is vital to all PvP.

Experience is the best teacher. Copying a build is a great place to start, but not to end. Make it yours, adjust it to how you play. Alcast is a great PvE player; PvE does not transfer to PvP however
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no build that will keep you alive. Keep your crit resist at 3k minimum, use a damage and sustain set, get your recovery around 1700 or so, at least 3.5k wpn damage buffed, around 24k health, and with proper CP distribution, you should be good to go. Those stats are very easy to hit. Heavy might be easier to start with that medium. Beyond that it’s only practice practice practice. PvE is nothing like PvP. Your rotation needs to simultaneously output maximum damage, heals, snare removals, immobility, and you need to learn to burst, block and dodge rolll at all the right times. You need to learn to play to your class strengths. You can try watching some YT videos, dueling a bit isn’t too bad around stormahven (but people are good and are running cheese builds a lot of the time). Just keep at it, duel some friends, play BGs, it’s a long steep learning curve and you have to enjoy it. Keep in mind NB might not be a good play style. While they are undoubtably one of the strongest 1v1 classes I hate playing them and always have. I dislike the entire concept of their fighting style.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 15, 2018 1:45AM
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks for the really useful comments. I've watched Grim and Snikers videos...eye opening & something to aspire to. I chose a Nb because it seemed to be regarded as the strongest but I now know not the easiest. I have healers, tank sorcs DKs and wardens as well so I might change one of those and try that avenue
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive been running a new NB build in Vivec lately and ive been loving it! Its not a damage dealer for the most party though enemies that hit ya do take damage.

Unbuffed
    unknown.png

Self buffed
    unknown.png

Hope this helps

Thats the gear I used to use as a StamTank DD hybrid in dungeons. DPS wasn't amazing but still ok, I very rarely died though.
    I even survived one shot mechanics alot. Its a great setup.