The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is the use of poison in PvP a given?

CantFixIr
CantFixIr
✭✭✭
I am not exactly new to PvP in ESO but I've never really taken the time to think about it a lot. I just went for this build for my Sorcerer: https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pvp-build1/

I am wondering about poisons. Up until now, I didn't have a good PvP specific build and I had not set up my Champion points for PvP.

Now, that I am all PvP set and equipped, I am wondering if I must continue using a lot of poisons. What would you say?

Thank you!
Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, poisons aren't a given.

Lots of people prefer the cheap and consistent damage of enchants.

Magicka builds that don't run Destructive Reach or Force Pulse will often run enchants (as they don't have a weapon skill to consistently proc poisons, but can easily maintain the enchant procs via light attacks).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea if you are using a weapon ability, poisons are viable choice. Especially cost increase, immobilze, etc.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psst

Speed poisons have a 6 sec duration of major expedition and a 40% snare....
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a given. The stamina return wpn glyphs are so valuable for sustain right now and if you’re DW then two enchants imo is better than one poison. I’ve never liked poisons except for the double dots briefly. And I refuse to use stuff like cost increase and snare poisons.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On Sorc I don't use poisons at all. Not because I'm intentionally avoiding meta, but because glyphs are legitimately more effective.

Shock frontbar gets huge dmg bonuses from Altmer & Sorc passives, can proc minor vuln with a 40% probability, can proc implosion, benefits from your spell penetration & CP, etc. Ultimately generates more damage than even double DoT poison would.

Zerker backbar is the only useful glyph that carries over to the frontbar fully, and weaving it in prior to dropping a combo will massively boost your burst.

Cost increase poisons have become pretty manageable since the Murkmire nerfs, and rightfully so. No longer are you compelled to run them.
    Edited by TheYKcid on December 16, 2018 10:06AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭
    I run a sorc on my frontbar i dont run poisons but, on my back resto bar i almost always have an immov/drain or a speed/cost poison to deal with dks that are good at keeping reflect up. oh and back bar soul assault for the same reason
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the immobilize immovabilty psn, other than that i use enchants